BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?

with deion getting in the hof, made me remember what a freakish athlete he was. deion was a great athlete in basketball, football and baseball. he could have easily been an all-star at the nba level as well. he also STILL holds the all-time speed record at the nfl combine at 4.28. the man returned punts with the most flair, was revis without the island (he covered the island and the land), and of course caught a few TDs while torching a few cornerbacks on the fly route. bo jackson however is my pick. bo knew and did everything. he's STILL the greatest athlete i have ever seen. had a better baseball career than deion in terms of average and power and defense. 

in terms of football, had he not been injured on that freakish play vs the bengals (watched it live), he could have easily been the Michael jordan of the NFL. he's STILL the best runner and overall running back i have ever seen. he could run over, around and through anyone. could break one at anytime. i believe he still has the record for 40+ yards per carry. its as if a god took an extra day to sculpt the perfect athlete. he could also catch the ball as well as block. the perfect and most EXPLOSIVE back! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

Re: BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?

Bo Jackson without a doubt I remember being a kid and watchin him break bats over his knee.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I believe that Deion Sanders ran a 4.24 which was tied by Chris Johnson a few years ago.
    But, between Deion and Bo, it is Bo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bo was fast and had strength. Deon was faster but didn't have the strength.

Advantage - Bo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: BETTER OVERALL ATHLETE, BO JACKSON OR DEION SANDERS?:
    [QUOTE]Bo was fast and had strength. Deon was faster but didn't have the strength. Advantage - Bo
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

Bo also hit for more power.

The story of that will never be completely told, because Bo's injury so dramatically altered his ability to be the athlete he was supposed to be.

I would say they were even.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I believe that Deion Sanders ran a 4.24 which was tied by Chris Johnson a few years ago. But, between Deion and Bo, it is Bo.
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]
    weird thing is that deion wasnt expecting to run. some guy busted a 4.35 and was bragging so one the spot deion decided to make a statement and the rest is history..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

You're asking which is a better athlete, not which had more power - strength alone does not an athlete make.  Open ended question, but Bo had a couple great years, got beat up, and retired.  Deion continued to play at a high level at a position which requires an intense amount of quickness and agility for many years.  Sure, Bo had power, but Deion is a better all around athlete......especially looking at them now :)

...looks like 'm the only one that feels this way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

shoulda asked Bo Jackson or Barry sanders. I thought Bo Jackson ran a 4.12 at the combine.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-02-22-40-yard-dash_N.htm

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I would have to lean toward Bo being slightly better athlete. But his career was cut short because of the hip injury. I know both were very fast, but I remember Deion getting beat handily by Willie Gault in the 100 meters at the NFL fastest man competition. Then Darryl Greene edged Gault in the final.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

BO otherwise Jim Thorpe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Deion, because I played against him once in High School : P

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Deion, because I played against him once in High School : P
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Wow dude... if you're in your 40's, I'm literally shocked at some of your posts. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

not there yet but close : ) and hey, its the interwebs, i can post what i wonts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

bo for consistency in baseball, but gotta wonder if either were on roids. bo probably more likely to have been, but wouldnt want to make a false accusation

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i would of put wederpoopoo at 16 years old

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

maybe he is 16, and deion showed up to a freshmen practice last year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

awwww...now ive got hurt feelings...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]not there yet but close : ) and hey, its the interwebs, i can post what i wonts
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

What you do with your leisure time is your business, but your screen name threw me waaaaaay off.  I thought you were a pot head in your early 20's at very youngest when couple with your posts.  But I have to say you're a true toker, that's for sure. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

BO hands down and on one leg. He was incredibly fast. He was really powerful - not just as a runner... in most every way. He ran the ball as well as any RB ever has. What a real shame he got that hip injury. Of course he was also a really good baseball player with TONS of potential to be a great one. Truly amazing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I'd take Bo, but imo neither of them was as successful as Winfield,  the only player ever drafted to, and offered a contract by, three separate sports; basketball, baseball, and football. 

Anyone else remember Bo running over Brian Bosworth for a TD?  Bosworth's cred plummetted immediately, while Bo's rose.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

King, you're rentless I will give you that, lol. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

JIM THORPE!!!!
    Oh he wasn't on the list............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Bo was bigger, faster and stronger than Deion.

But Bo doesn't know Diddley!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPxkpjCvWI