Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head:
    Yeah well maybe if the US didn't go around starting wars the rest of the world wouldn't hate us so much.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

OR...if other countries ran themselves peacefully, didn't try to annihilate their own citizens or attack neighboring countries, THEN we could stay home and the world wouldn't hate us so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Russ - agreed.  PI is PI and the Pats got away with it all game.  its a well known fact.  As for the Gaffney TD - everyone knows it.  Back of the endzone - 06 AFCCG.  One foot down.  Pushed out.  Called a TD.  Everyone knows it was a make up call for the faceguarding PI.  the difference is that the Pats got a TD outright, the colts still had to score theirs.  There was no way Gaffney's OUTSIDE foot was going to come down in bounds.  It would have had to cross over his inside foot that looks like it is actually on the OB line.  As for Welker - just go back and look.  His lead blocker has all of the colts Jersey.
    Posted by underdoggggg

You expect us to go and prove your imagination correct?
    Do your own work, until you can prove your accusations, we'll just assume a troll is making krap up to antagonize. Deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

im sorry...but ive lived here since 1989 and new england teams have had waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more of their fair share of the calls go their way...and not just the slap happy, reaching all-the-time celtics and pats fans complaining about the refs? you guys have had the refs in your back pocket for years...just stop...its embarrassing
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

No, your lack of knowledge and ability to back up your claims is embarrassing. Just stop it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Peyton has a higher playoff passer rating than Brady does.  But, that's probably not a fact you care to acknowledge.  BTW - when did Super Bowl wins or playoff record become an individual statistic?  Kind of artibrary, isn't it?  Did you have the same punter for all three of your SB victories?  By your logic, he must be one of the greatest punters of all time, because he has three SB victories! Now for my main point: the Pats get plenty of calls from the officials.  You just refuse to recognize calls in your favor, whereas every close call against the Pats you deem a horrible call.  I salute you: this is the biggest "homer" fan base in the NFL.  Your Patriot-colored glasses should continue to keep you happy and arrogant even though your team has greatly deteriorated!

Ok, name them. Oh, I see. You just make wild statements and accusations without any examples and the evidence to back it up.
    Typical, just typical.

Posted by JulesWinfield

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

So TexPat3, Russ, and Patriothead22 all give valid examples, video evidence to back up their claims, but the 4 idiots argueing against just make statements to the opposite, claims without any backup whatsoever. Huh, thats troll behavior isn't it?

I award this victory to TP3,Russ and Patriothead.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I didn't realize that the Lakers got an EIGHTY THREE free throw advantage... or that they shot 21 in the 4th quarter... Oh well. We had our days.  You could just as easily argue that no-calls in the defensive secondary earned us our Super Bowl wins (although for 30+ years of the NFL that has been the norm) And Colts duplicity on pass interference (they can do it but nobody can do it to them) is just a fact of life for every team playing them not named the Saints.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

The way I see it is that its not so much biased against particular teams as it is an "anything goes to help out the superstars" rule, in both leagues.

We've seen manning get bailed out time and time again by phony PI calls, flat out bad 4th down spots, crucial holding calls, etc. etc., whatever it takes to give him the edge.

I can't even stand to watch the NBA regluar season anymore but I also can't not watch the Celts in the playoffs. Its flat out painful to watch the phony fouls called in favor of sir kobe, dwight howard, dwayne wade, etc., while at the other end they maul people on defense over and over with nary a whistle. 

It just doesn't make sense and it sours the game. Why should the most talented players be getting assists from the refs every night? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Don't forget about the worst officiating call in NFL history....the Brady tuck rule call against the Raiders.  There isn't a worse call that has ever been made then that one!!!  Funny how you idiot Patriots fans talk about bad officiating and ALWAYS leave that one out!
    Posted by TexasPat99

Moron, the tuck rule was an actual rule. It was not made up by the Refs. It was actually used earlier in the year also. Now you may not like the call and to be honest I thought the season was over after that play but it was AN ACTUAL RULE!!!! So in closing, you can stick the sour grapes where the sun don't shine dummy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Peyton has a higher playoff passer rating than Brady does.  But, that's probably not a fact you care to acknowledge.  BTW - when did Super Bowl wins or playoff record become an individual statistic?  Kind of artibrary, isn't it?  Did you have the same punter for all three of your SB victories?  By your logic, he must be one of the greatest punters of all time, because he has three SB victories! Now for my main point: the Pats get plenty of calls from the officials.  You just refuse to recognize calls in your favor, whereas every close call against the Pats you deem a horrible call.  I salute you: this is the biggest "homer" fan base in the NFL.  Your Patriot-colored glasses should continue to keep you happy and arrogant even though your team has greatly deteriorated!
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Why are you here then, poser?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Yeah well maybe if the US didn't go around starting wars the rest of the world wouldn't hate us so much.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Don't worry dude, Obama will have us as screwed up as the rest of the world in no time and we will be in no position to organize a picnic let alone another "war for us to start" Pathetic!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : Yes, and that passer rating got better after 2003 when Polian went to the Competition Committee as Chairman and demanded refs over-officiate the 1978 Chuck Rule and give his team PI calls when his QB needs them.  This is not debatbale. This is what happened. Not one team complained about the enforcement of this rule until the Crybaby Colts and their entitled GM made a point to do so. I can count at least 5 examples last year where Indy was losing in the second half, and Eggie would wildly toss a bomb downfield 30+ tards, and his WR would play act a PI call and it would be an automatic 1st down close to, or inside the red zone.  The Houston game in Houston is probably the worst example. Please stop. All other teams don't get anywhere near this kind of an advantage every week like Manning does.  Please stop. We all watch these games.
    Posted by russgriswold

young russ, everything you say is debatable.  In fact, nearly everything you say is wrong.  Polian wasn't the only one who saw that the rules as written were no longer being applied by the refs on the field. 

The competition committee is not a committee of one.  The committee agreed that the rule (like others before and after) required a re-emphasis.  I don't fault the pats for their play.  Get away with as much as you can.  Make the refs call the penalty.  Smart play.  But that doesn't mean that since they weren't called, that they were right.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : Don't worry dude, Obama will have us as screwed up as the rest of the world in no time and we will be in no position to organize a picnic let alone another "war for us to start" Pathetic!
    Posted by raptor64d

i can only assume you were in a medically induced coma during the bush administration

as far as the tuck rule goes...it was called in the snow bowl game, then again early the next season and not ONCE since then

the rule is correct but its still B.S. and hasnt been called since? i guess QB's dont fumble the ball anymore or something

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

A non-New England game involving horrendous officiating (pardon me if it's already been mentioned) was the Pittsburgh/Seattle SB.  A lifetime achievement award to Jerome Bettis with compliments from the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : Yup. One of the worst ones ever. Bettis from Detroit, Rapelisturd with the worst QB rating ever, lots of phantom penalties against Seattle...Posted by russgriswold

How about another infamous call that went against Seattle.  Don't recall the year but when Parcells was coaching the Jets and they gave a gift TD to Vinny Testaverde when he didn't get even to the one yard line.  As I recall, that was in the last minute off the game and gave the Jets a big win.

Then there was the goofy Phil Luckett call on the OT coin flip between Pittsburgh and Detroit on Thanksgiving.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Yeah, Mike Holmgren who also lost a playoff game that year, also whined. Do you think there is no agenda, there, do ya?  Is every team that loses a playoff game supposed to bring the game tape to the committee and make a case?  And I am not wrong.  Polian took tape to the committee. That's a fact.
    Posted by russgriswold

Are you suggesting that the Pats have never complained, never sent tapes to the league?  Stop acting like the Pats never ask for anything. 

If Polian brought a tape to the committee and it showed clearly that PI was not being called when it should have been, then I think he did the right thing.  Don't you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

First: 5/27/2010
    Last: 6/21/2010
    If Polian brought a tape to the committee and it showed clearly that PI was not being called when it should have been, then I think he did the right thing.  Don't you?

And if the tapes DIDN'T clearly show that PI was not being called accurately, then I think he did the wrong thing. Don't you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : Bull crap...just because its an actual rule doesn't mean that what happened on that play was a tuck moron!  Brady had both hands on the ball when it got knocked out, thus it was NOT a tuck.  So kiss my you know what where the sun don't shine LOSER!!!!  WORST CALL IN HISTORY!!!!
    Posted by TexasPat99

You need to look at the video again. Brady even said he had no intention on throwing the ball and was bringing back done but his other hand never touched the ball until maybe after he got hit. I watched it in slowmo and it just did not touch. What do you think the Refs were looking at during the replay? If the second hand touches, no tuck rule, then its a fumble and the Raiders win, but it did not happen. Anyway there are a bunch of calls i can think of that hurt the Pats and helped them, maybe in the end it all evens out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : i can only assume you were in a medically induced coma during the bush administration as far as the tuck rule goes...it was called in the snow bowl game, then again early the next season and not ONCE since then the rule is correct but its still B.S. and hasnt been called since? i guess QB's dont fumble the ball anymore or something
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

First of all I was in the military finishing my 24 years in the Army and going into Iraq and finishing the job I started in Desert storm. Had no problem sending Saddam to the gallows. And i'm sure there are a lot of duped people who voted for this empty suit you call a President who would Love Bush back. Bush could actually speak without the promter, sure he made a few gaffs but he knew how to pronounce corpsmen!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The problem is how do you tell the difference between bias officiating and bad officiating. 

I think 99% of refs try to a good job and leave any bias at home.  I would support more help for them, not just replays but the technology is there to have a staff of refs watching the games from cameras and making real time calls without slowing the game.  I think most refs would rather get call right.  Nobody wants to be remembered for a blown call, and nobody remembers the right calls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : I highly doubt it.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

well what does he mean troll?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : Bull crap...just because its an actual rule doesn't mean that what happened on that play was a tuck moron!  Brady had both hands on the ball when it got knocked out, thus it was NOT a tuck.  So kiss my you know what where the sun don't shine LOSER!!!!  WORST CALL IN HISTORY!!!!
    Posted by TexasPat99

why you got an avatar called texaspat....is your name pat... why dont you just call yourself texastroll?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : why you got an avatar called texaspat....is your name pat... why dont you just call yourself texastroll?
    Posted by jcour382

TexasPat99 is the idiot troll, formerly known as Togah.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : First of all I was in the military finishing my 24 years in the Army and going into Iraq and finishing the job I started in Desert storm. Had no problem sending Saddam to the gallows. And i'm sure there are a lot of duped people who voted for this empty suit you call a President who would Love Bush back. Bush could actually speak without the promter, sure he made a few gaffs but he knew how to pronounce corpsmen!!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d

even though saddam hunted religious extremists? therefore effectively making the job in iraq more difficult, as well as encouraging more terrorists by attacking a sovereign nation? yeah...brilliant idea

and actually...i think most people that voted for obama had a reasonable expectation that after 8 years of bush policy and shenanigans, things wouldnt turn around over night

and come back to me when bush can pronounce "nuclear" and you can define what the military industrial complex is

and oh yeah, being that the tuck rule has been used once since the snow bowl game, it just shows what a joke the rule is to begin with

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

No, the Pats have never sent anything to the league. Ever. They respect the flaws of the officiating and move on.

Russ, I doubt that very much and since you have been wrong before, I am going to have to ask you to prove it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: Biased Officiating Again Rears Its' Ugly Head : even though saddam hunted religious extremists? therefore effectively making the job in iraq more difficult, as well as encouraging more terrorists by attacking a sovereign nation? yeah...brilliant idea and actually...i think most people that voted for obama had a reasonable expectation that after 8 years of bush policy and shenanigans, things wouldnt turn around over night and come back to me when bush can pronounce "nuclear" and you can define what the military industrial complex is and oh yeah, being that the tuck rule has been used once since the snow bowl game, it just shows what a joke the rule is to begin with
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Hey Jack  off You are actually going to compare how Bush pronounced nuclear to how Obummer totally screwed up corpsman! That shows me he not only has no idea about our military but neither do any of the dimwits he is surrounded with. You would think at least one person around him might have seen it in a movie on how to pronounce corpsman. Now today it comes out about the commanding General in Afghan how he trashed this fool in a Rolling stone peice. The General made a proffesional mistake letting the truth of what he felt and i'm sure 90% of what the rest of the military thinks of the worst President since Jimmy Carter!!!!!!

As far as the tuck rule is concerned I really don't care two cents about it and really thought it was not a rule anymore!!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The worst call I ever saw was the Miami-Ohio st. game when the refs called Miami who were ahead for pass interference in the end zone on what would have been the last play of the game.

Sections
Shortcuts