Big Mouth Joey At It Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Big Mouth Joey At It Again

Let the record show that Norv Turner gave away 324 pound (and rising) human avalanche of a nose tackle Ron Brace in exchange for a 2008 third round choice.  Please enjoy that slow running back Norv drafted, with our compliments.  OK, Belichick had to jump up a few slots to grab him at pick number 40.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Let the record show that Norv Turner gave away 324 pound (and rising) human avalanche of a nose tackle Ron Brace in exchange for a 2008 third round choice.  Please enjoy that slow running back Norv drafted, with our compliments.  OK, Belichick had to jump up a few slots to grab him at pick number 40.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

"Norv Turner"......  Speaking of being under qualified and over matched....... Good fit in San Diego, Land of Underachievement.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Joey's head seems to have grown even larger than it was last year. I guess no one told him they'd played a last place team schedule last season and they'll be playing a first place schedule this year. There will be no wildcat surprises for the Pats like the 1st game of last year and Brady is back. I expect the Fins season will look more like their second game with the Pats than their 1st.

jbolted...every year you brag about the Chargers and every year they fall flat on their faces. Why should the upcoming season be any different? Are the planets in alignment? You know what they call someone who brags about their team but never wins? A Jets fan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]     Apparently, Rex Ryan isn't the only one who "doesn't fear" the NE Patriots. Miami Dolphins OLB Joey Porter simply can't understand why the Pats have been picked ahead of the 'Fins: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4234188&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines .      The Pats' definately need to restore order this year in the AFC East.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Joey Porter is a great player with excellent points. He is anticipating having a field day against our old and small OLine this year. Pats went backwards in the off season, and Brady is not Cassel; Cassel's scrambling ability saved him and us all last year. Brady will be a target. Sad, but true. This is the 50 year anniversary of the AFL, and with those weeny helmets, I hope order is NOT restored this year. Most of those days were rather poor for the home team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Your post should be called "a river named denial". Duh...! The genius was in the FIRST  game , not the second.You mean the Pats can defend it the second time they played ? That's not very impressive, (and cost them the division) However unveiling it against the Pats in the first game and gashing them to the tune of 200+ rushing yards was a genius gameplan.
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

Th Pats are an old team with holes to be filled by way-over-the-hills "veterans" (or never-was veterans like Baker) and younger players who haven't even proven they belong in the NFL. The Pats are sliding. The Dolphins are an enthusiastic team on the way up.... maybe they shwtoo much mouth, but they are to be reckoned with. Also, Brady is now a stationery QB operating behind a vulnerable OLine. We will wish we had the scrambling Cassel back. The truth shall set you free.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE][QUOTE]Your pins are a bit dull. They don't seem to work. Let me spell this difficult concept out for you. Both teams were 11-5, both were 4-2 in the division. If the Pats win the first game vs the Dolphins (Wildcat game) they finish 12-4 and 5-1 in the division. The Dolphins finish 10-6 and 3-3 in division. The Pats now win the division and go to the playoffs. Losing to the Dolphins the first time cost them the division. I don't understand what you do not understand. If they won it they were in. Interesting you refer to me as "you" being a Dolphins fan I presume ? Nah..Pats fan.  Can't stand Miami. Except I can actully see things objectively and can praise others when praise is due. My comments are facts. Sorry I don't think the wildcat is retarded and I bet you see it a a ton this year , even if the Pats did stuff it the second time around. Now if they would just give it to Ricky Williams off the dive fake. Posted b I hear what you are saying!  I heard it the first time.  Sorry, got to disagree!  If the Pats had won any of those five games they lost, (without bebifit of the Wild cat) this would not be an issue. That Phin loss is no more important than any of the others in deciding their out come!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

What if the two games the Patriots won by luck were lost? That makes us 9-7. It works both ways. Without Cassel last year, we were a weak team. He and Pennington should have been co-MVPs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

[QUOTE]GENIUS? I believe you give that vaunted 'Fins coaching staff way too much credit. It was an earlt season gimmick that worked. Didn't do too well thereafter, did it? As for you contention that it cost the Pats the division, I know tha statement is less shallow than you are. For a refresher, the two games (either one of which would have given the Pats the division when the games REALLY mattered) were the OT loss to the JESTS! and the game they gave away (late) to the Dots in Indy (stupid/dumb penalty on Thomas VERY late in that game). As for that "genius" coaching staff, tell us all how the #6 seed punked the 'Fins in the playoffs? Did you enjoy that stellar "one and done"? I know I did, as well as the MILLIONS of Patriots Nation citizens. 'Fins in 2009: packed in light oil or water?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

AZ pat..have all the answers eh Mellon ?

You seem to have have a lot of excuses for the Pats though.
    The Dolphins coaching staff ambushed the Pats that day and in the end it cost them the division. No one game is more important than another in the end of the season. They all count equally.
    If they beat the Fins that day they would have won the division..period.
    Try not to muddy the waters with excuses when plain cold facts stare you in the face. 12-4 vs 11-5. Sweep the fins..you are ins. (hats off to Johnnie Cochrane)
                                Get a split...you must forfeit ( the division/playoffs)
    In the end the patriots had a better offense than the fins..it was painful watching them in the playoffs (pennington..just terrible). May be the Wildcat will never work again, but on that day it worked great. Who cares how they did in the playoffs..you sound like sour grapes. This conversation was about the division and the importance of that game and the role the wildcat played that day. Please do not bring up any other game. It will just be an excuse for that day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Saturday:  -- "The wildcat was refreshing (and genius by the Dolphins) but everyone will use it now in the copycat NFL." --

Today:  -- "May be the Wildcat will never work again . . . " --

If there's one thing I admire in a troll, it's consistency of message.
    Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care which team it is........neither is as good as the Chargers this year. Bolt, you've been here a few years now. And each and every offseason you post the same old thing. You also predict a SB win for your Chargers (and you all dont say the same thing abvout the Pats, but we have yet to see even an appearance(your appearance was the biggest letdown in SB history, bar none). We all saw how lousy the Chargers defense was last season. Yet you are expecting them to do a 180 merely by Merriman's return. Funny, as you also try to cast doubt on Tom Brady, due to the same type of injury! You can't have it both ways! It seems to me that Merriman needs his knees a lot more than Brady! So while I admire your loyalty, I have to question your logic. Training camp has not even started yet. We don't know what injuries will occur. We don't even know who will make either team come September. The one piece of both puzzles set in stone are Belichick and Turner. And there's no way you can argue that your team has the edge there...unless you're smoking some of that good Humboldt County stuff!!! In any case, the Patriots team the Chargers faced last October was not the same team they would have faced in January, had NE made the playoffs. Matt Cassel was making his fifth start in the NFL. We'll see who the better team really is should they meet in January. But before a game has been played it's all opinion. I'd wager more people would tend to agree with us than agree with you. But time will tell!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]AZ pat..have all the answers eh Mellon ? You seem to have have a lot of excuses for the Pats though. The Dolphins coaching staff ambushed the Pats that day and in the end it cost them the division. No one game is more important than another in the end of the season. They all count equally. If they beat the Fins that day they would have won the division..period. Try not to muddy the waters with excuses when plain cold facts stare you in the face. 12-4 vs 11-5. Sweep the fins..you are ins. (hats off to Johnnie Cochrane)                             Get a split...you must forfeit ( the division/playoffs) In the end the patriots had a better offense than the fins..it was painful watching them in the playoffs (pennington..just terrible). May be the Wildcat will never work again, but on that day it worked great. Who cares how they did in the playoffs..you sound like sour grapes. This conversation was about the division and the importance of that game and the role the wildcat played that day. Please do not bring up any other game. It will just be an excuse for that day.
    Posted by rocher[/QUOTE]

Been out in the hit sun too lomng, oh Sushi Boy? Seems the 'Fins got a split (pretty well spanked at home, if I recall), yet they won the AFC East via a tie breaker. Now, why's that? Let's apply your jaded "logic", and say that if they hadn't "split" with teh Pats, they would have been out of the playioffs (yet AGAIN). Then, could it be that if they had beaten any other team they lost to they would have still been 12-4, like the Pats could have been, and STILL not made teh playoffs? 

May I suggest you take a reading for comprehension course. I never say anything bad about eh wildcat the 'Fins ran that day. It worked for one game, and one game only. Hardly enough to declarte the 'Fins coaches as Nobel Prize qualifiers. Fact is the Fish won the division, the Pats didn't. Five losses in conference will do that to you, with the Fish only applying one. So, go ahead and keep your delusional thinking alive that the Fish cost the Pats the division. Despite that, if the Pats beat the JESTS! in OT, they're in. If they beat the Dolts in Indy (if Thomas didn't really mess things up with a rookie penalty), teh Pats are in. Then, what would you be saying about your genius coaching staff and the one game the wildcat worked?  Keep hanging on to your believe that the Fish and only the Fish cost the Pats a playoff spot. We'll say the same this year after the Pats hammer the Fish twice. Then you are welcomed back here to explain how these would only be 2 of teh 10 losses, and they really didn't matter.

Let's see how the Fish do this year with the toughest schedule strapped on their arses. How will the wildcat do?  Can they do anything positive with a first place schedule, a la Patriots year in and year out? 

BTW, just LOVED your lame excuse for losing in the playoffs (one and done): Who cares how they did in the playoffs? I'll bet if you poll any 100 true Fish Fans (you know, the ones who know how to spell MARINO) that question, you'd probably find that 100% would "care". Unless, of course, you take the reasonable course and identify last season as a "miracle" for the Fish; like their brief playoff run: one and done.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jbolted- I am a little worried about you..... What has been going on?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

[QUOTE]Saturday:  -- "The wildcat was refreshing (and genius by the Dolphins) but everyone will use it now in the copycat NFL." -- Today:  -- "May be the Wildcat will never work again . . . " -- If there's one thing I admire in a troll, it's consistency of message.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Working and trying are the same definition for you ? Interesting. I don't understand your "observation". Just because someone "tries" something..doesn't mean it will "work". The wildcat may not "work" again (for the dolphins)..but that does not mean it will not be "tried" again (by other teams). Many will "try"..whether it "works"  will be the ultimate deciding factor for these teams
    Lots will use/try it.  I gave you my example about the Vikings. Broncos have been practicing it.. Cowboys will be doing it with Felix Jones..The NFL is a copycat league (like I said). No one will surprise anyone like the dolphins did the Pats that day,(that's already legendary) but it will be tried..it is too good to pass up.
    Just because it may not work for the Dolphins again..doesn't mean other will not attempt to utilize it.

Sorry, your whining about the wildcat just came off as homer sour grapes.
    If the Pats did it it would be the greatest thing ever I'm sure to you. That's the homer mantra.  Our team..good..your team..bad.

troll..homer..troll..homer..no real difference there. They are different sides of the same coin. Welcome to the club.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

[QUOTE]Been out in the hit sun too lomng, oh Sushi Boy? Seems the 'Fins got a split (pretty well spanked at home, if I recall), yet they won the AFC East via a tie breaker. Now, why's that? Let's apply your jaded "logic", and say that if they hadn't "split" with teh Pats, they would have been out of the playioffs (yet AGAIN). Then, could it be that if they had beaten any other team they lost to they would have still been 12-4, like the Pats could have been, and STILL not made teh playoffs?  May I suggest you take a reading for comprehension course. I never say anything bad about eh wildcat the 'Fins ran that day. It worked for one game, and one game only. Hardly enough to declarte the 'Fins coaches as Nobel Prize qualifiers. Fact is the Fish won the division, the Pats didn't. Five losses in conference will do that to you, with the Fish only applying one. So, go ahead and keep your delusional thinking alive that the Fish cost the Pats the division. Despite that, if the Pats beat the JESTS! in OT, they're in. If they beat the Dolts in Indy (if Thomas didn't really mess things up with a rookie penalty), teh Pats are in. Then, what would you be saying about your genius coaching staff and the one game the wildcat worked?  Keep hanging on to your believe that the Fish and only the Fish cost the Pats a playoff spot. We'll say the same this year after the Pats hammer the Fish twice. Then you are welcomed back here to explain how these would only be 2 of teh 10 losses, and they really didn't matter. Let's see how the Fish do this year with the toughest schedule strapped on their arses. How will the wildcat do?  Can they do anything positive with a first place schedule, a la Patriots year in and year out?  BTW, just LOVED your lame excuse for losing in the playoffs (one and done): Who cares how they did in the playoffs? I'll bet if you poll any 100 true Fish Fans (you know, the ones who know how to spell MARINO) that question, you'd probably find that 100% would "care". Unless, of course, you take the reasonable course and identify last season as a "miracle" for the Fish; like their brief playoff run: one and done.  
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Wow..what a lengthy response. My eyes are watering from reading it. You are all over the place trying to spin this one.

If the Patriots beat the Dolphins on the wildcat game..do they make the playoffs/ win the division ? Yes or No.
    Was the wildcat useful in beating the Patriots that day ?
    Yes or No?
    Is the wildcat retarded ?
    Prairiemike says yes..I say no. You will say yes because you are a homer.

No more blathering about playoffs or how bad the Dolphins did..since I'm not a Dolphins fan your tirade about real Dolphins fans does not apply to me, you are right I am not a real Dolphins fan. Or it's not gonna work again..you are deflecting and poorly focused on the Jets. (500+ yards offense wasn't good enough).

So..you say the Jets game cost the division..I say the Dolphins game did..
    Big deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolted- I am a little worried about you..... What has been going on?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Rocky,
    Everything's fine here. Very upbeat with little to question.

patriot points by bolt-
    -Galloway & Lewis are questionable, Lewis injured past, Gall old
    -fred taylor , one last hurrah for him, lost a step
    -Oline, if a single guy goes down, even for a short stint, spells big trouble.
    -a dropoff of Brady to Oconnell would dome this team to 500 or less
    -who's blocking in the running game?, now that somebody is a Saint.
    -beyond Mayo,Tedy,AD not a decent LB
    -Wilhite,Bodden,Meriweather & Sanders are not a tier 1 group IMO.
    -Better hope Brace can play end.
    -Josh Boyer as DB coach? mix that with the group available and yikes, flashbacks of deltha emerge

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Rocky, Everything's fine here. Very upbeat with little to question. patriot points by bolt- -Galloway & Lewis are questionable, Lewis injured past, Gall old -fred taylor , one last hurrah for him, lost a step -Oline, if a single guy goes down, even for a short stint, spells big trouble. -a dropoff of Brady to Oconnell would dome this team to 500 or less -who's blocking in the running game?, now that somebody is a Saint. -beyond Mayo,Tedy,AD not a decent LB -Wilhite,Bodden,Meriweather & Sanders are not a tier 1 group IMO. -Better hope Brace can play end. -Josh Boyer as DB coach? mix that with the group available and yikes, flashbacks of deltha emerge   
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Lets take your approach to the Bolts:

-Chambers & Vincent are questionable, Vincent injured past, Chanbers old
    -Tomlinson , one last hurrah for him, lost a step
    -Oline, if a single guy goes down, even for a short stint, spells big trouble.
    -a dropoff of Rivers to Volek would doom this team less than 500.
    -who's blocking in the running game?
    -beyond Mayo,Tedy,AD not a decent LB
    -Jammer, Cromarte, Hart and Weddle are not a tier 1 group IMO.
    -Better hope Merryman can play.
    -Norv Turner as Head coach?

Wow, your team is BAD.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

troll..homer..troll..homer..no real difference there. They are different sides of the same coin. Welcome to the club.

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is a difference! This happens to be a Patriots message board. Now if I were to go to a Fins board and started cutting down Porter Pennington, and Brown, you would be calling me a troll! And you would be correct in doing so. The fact that we spend our time here and are loyal to our team doesn't make us "homers", it makes us fans. But idiots like you who come here merely to talk smack are trolls. If you were a true "fan" you would be on a Miami board discussing how your team will do in 09. So, either you like being an ahole, or you are such a jerk your fellow Fins fans don't want you around on their boards! Get a life and GO AWAY!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Replying to:
    I don't care which team it is........neither is as good as the Chargers this year. Bolt, you've been here a few years now. And each and every offseason you post the same old thing. You also predict a SB win for your Chargers (and you all dont say the same thing abvout the Pats, but we have yet to see even an appearance(your appearance was the biggest letdown in SB history, bar none).

Actually, we all don't claim our team will win the SB every year. Sure, there are some that do, but there's one big difference. This is a Patriots message board. I suppose on a Lions message board (if there are any) their aspirations are much lower...say like winning 3 or 4 games. But with NE being in the hunt for the last eight seasons, a Lombardi is the "expectation" of the hopeful. Were you to be on SignOnSanDiego.com claiming the Chargers to be destined to win it all I would have no point. Your team has indeed been in the hunt also. But do you truly expect to come here and tell us with one statement that your team is better than ours, and the next that our team has more holes than yours, and not expect a rebuttal? And true, SB 42 was a huge disappointment. But no less of one (IMO) than the 49ers trouncing your Bolts back in 95! I'm also sure if I were to go to a Chargers board and crow about how NE was a better team and destined to win the championship for four years in a row you'd be calling me out in much the same manner! And you didn't bother to answer my other point. How can you say that Merriman is a lock to regain his level of play, yet Brady is highly questionable...after both had offseason knee surgery? Both guys seem to be doing well in OTAs, and are showing themselves to be healed. And both guys have a huge impact on their respective teams. And it's a fallacy to claim one team is better than another due to one regular season game. Back in 01 the Patriots lost to the Rams in November, yet went on to beat them in the SB. Likewise your example of the Giants in SB 42. Yet the Patriots beat them in week 17 of that season! As I said, I admire your loyalty to your team. But I feel compelled to call out BS and double standards!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

I am just now reading about Ryan's comments and have not had a chance to read the entire transcript. Although he has to put his money where his mouth is in terms of performance, I don't see a problem with him not cowtowwing to NE and automatically ceding wins to them. The Jets have always given the Pats tough games so I expect nothing less this year.  As for Porter I could care less what he says as the Fins season last year was a fluke

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Let me put on my shocked face that Jbolt is already crowning his team the champs. How did that work out for you last year Jbolt? 8-8? And now even close to a super bowl birth? hmmmm maybe you should wait to crown them.

You are right every year Pats fans do the same thing and say how we have a great shot at winning it all. The difference is we have won 3 and played in 4 super bowls in the last decade where as your team has never even won a title and has not been to the big game since 1994. So you see we are contenders each and every year and we can make such bold predictions because history is on our side but you can not because your team has never won anything.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Geez . . .

it's been a couple days since jbolt posted his patented "30-10" take.

I'm starting to miss it.Embarassed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from socalpatsfan12. Show socalpatsfan12's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe if the Patriots could've beaten their superior opponent the San Diego Chargers, instead of losing by 20, none of this would be an issue. This year Lombardi lives in SoCal. Miami 17-10 over SD SD over NE 30-10 It is very clear that Miami is better than the Pats from my perspective. Have a good day

Of course, you would  leave out the second Pats -Fish game, In MIA, that the Pats won by 20 (48 to 28).  Go back to routing for your lousy, no tittle team, and quit trolling on the site of an actual, championship team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

But didnt you hear? The Chargers are already the champs, we might as well not show up this season. all the other 31 teams should just call it quits now because teh Chargers are already the Champions right Jbolt? ........It does make sense guys.....the only way the Chargers could win a championship is if the rest of the league gave up now and let them have it. That must be what Jbolt was trying to say right Jbolt? no need to respond we get it, you realize you cant win anything from anyone so you would rather just crown your team now and hope teh rest of teh NFL lets you have it. That is a sound theory Jbolt but I am not so sure the rest of the NFL will just let you have even if that is the only way your team can win it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]You return an 8-8 that played in worst division in perhaps the history of the league.  We bring back an 11-5 team, with the return of the one of the greatest QBs in history, supplemented by additions at RB, TE, WR, and DBs.  Nearly every magazine picks us as favorites, and for good reason. Your analysis is why Chargers fans are recognized as the know-nothing jokes they are.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

But we don't have super-coach Norv Turner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]THE CHARGERS ARE BETTER THAN THE PATRIOTS, STRAIGHT UP. To much relying on rooks and free agents in New England this year.

The Chargers blow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]GENIUS? I believe you give that vaunted 'Fins coaching staff way too much credit. It was an earlt season gimmick that worked. Didn't do too well thereafter, did it? As for you contention that it cost the Pats the division, I know tha statement is less shallow than you are. For a refresher, the two games (either one of which would have given the Pats the division when the games REALLY mattered) were the OT loss to the JESTS! and the game they gave away (late) to the Dots in Indy (stupid/dumb penalty on Thomas VERY late in that game). As for that "genius" coaching staff, tell us all how the #6 seed punked the 'Fins in the playoffs? Did you enjoy that stellar "one and done"? I know I did, as well as the MILLIONS of Patriots Nation citizens. 'Fins in 2009: packed in light oil or water?
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

It all failed in the playoffs because of one guy......Rex Ryan. Whoops, sorry about that, fans.

Sections
Shortcuts