Big O's prediction on WEEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Big O's prediction on WEEI

Josh McDaniels will be back in 2011 as the Patriots offensive coordinator.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Re: Big O's prediction on WEEI

I voted "No", but it's not because I think McDaniels is worse than O'Brien. It's because he won't want to come back under BB's shadow.

Who's not going to agree that McDaniels is better???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I take it this means McDaniels gets fired by Bowlen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Big O's prediction on WEEI:
    [QUOTE]I take it this means McDaniels gets fired by Bowlen.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

I don't think that will happen.  What, based on one lousy game?  He's still highly regarded and Bowlen is a patient guy, he's not Dan Snyder.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Muzwell. My point exactly. You could make the argument that Mcdaniels has not been given the players he needs to succeed and there is still plenty of season left.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would have voted "no, he is better than O'Brien but won't come back."

The Denver thing might be a good learning experience for him. He made many personnel mistakes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

" He made many personnel mistakes. "   Like getting rid of Cutler???  Here in Chicago, that was a stellar trade... Good thing I am not a bears fan!

(I hear you , I know what you mean!)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

He will nto get fired, so no chance of next year. 2012 maybe. Even BB went back to Parcells..... and BB seems a bit more stubborn than Josh...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

mcDaniels isn't going anywhere.....he is a good coach...he has just had some bad luck this year with injuries.

Anyone who picks Orton over Cutler is ok in my book!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]mcDaniels isn't going anywhere.....he is a good coach...he has just had some bad luck this year with injuries. Anyone who picks Orton over Cutler is ok in my book!
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

He's certainly been proven right on that one. Cutler is a good example of  of a QB with great physical skills but lacks the intelligence and mental maturity to ever be a good QB.

As for McDaniels I was thinking that the other night after listening to the usual pundits but coordinators who leave for head coaching jobs never seem to go back to their old teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

McDaniels left on OK terms if I remember correctly.  While I could see him coming back and rebuilding his reputation if fired, I don't think his time in Denver is quite over yet. 

I don't get some of his personnel moves and it's clear that he may be lacking the cred with his players to be the authoritarian type of coach that BB is.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

If McDaniels is fired which I highly doubt as he has already began to build a team that he wants in the long term and firing him would just set back that franchise 2-3 years.

If hes fired hopefully he ends back up with the Pats. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

I don't like either of them.  Let Tom call his own plays.  He is more than capable at this point.  Coach Scar is Assistant HC and he could perform some of the OC functions along with Tom.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I didn't vote because I did not like the options.  He is better than O'Brien, but he is not coming back, IMO.

First, what can he gain? He is more likley to be a HC somewhere else.

Second, I believe BB likes to develop coaching talent and probably has an established pecking order for emerging talent. Bringing back the departed would upset that system.

Also, I think McD can turn it around.

As for Orton, he is a well-liked cerebral guy who usually finds ways to win. He is not the reason the Broncos are losing.  Cutler, however, is an immature, selfish, disagreeable, bad teammate who ruffled feathers in the Bears' lockerroom post-haste upon arrival. He is not a quick thinker.  He is not the only reason the Bears are losing, but he is a major part of it.  Give McD credit for reconizing the differences and values of the two QBs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

MCDaniels is HATED by the fans in Denver. Not that the fans will make the decisions for the what's best for the team, but I think he's on very thin ice and could be out of a job next year, and don't be so sure Orton is that well liked. They're calling for Tebow to play.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_16431972

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

That Broncos team is good but just completly dialed out with all the injuries.

Josh will be given one more year by the denver broncs organization, I just don't see him getting fired yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big O's prediction on WEEI : I don't think that will happen.  What, based on one lousy game?  He's still highly regarded and Bowlen is a patient guy, he's not Dan Snyder.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Uh, he's 4-13 since starting off 6-0 last year. Included is a copmplete AFC West flop, plus demoralizing losses this season. The Denver press is all over him. The big question there is "Who gets it's first? Haskins at Coloradu U, or Daniles with the Brokebacks?"

It's not a good football situation there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Muzwell. My point exactly. You could make the argument that Mcdaniels has not been given the players he needs to succeed and there is still plenty of season left.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

McDaniels shed players that Shannahan won with, to make the team in his own  image. THAT'S not playing well in the Mile High City, especially when they see Shannahan at 4-3 in the NFC East. I believe he's "lost" his team. He's gone, probably not till the end of the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]MCDaniels is HATED by the fans in Denver. Not that the fans will make the decisions for the what's best for the team, but I think he's on very thin ice and could be out of a job next year, and don't be so sure Orton is that well liked. They're calling for Tebow to play. http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_16431972
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I mean Orton is well-liked by his teammates.  Cutler was reviled.  He's supposed to be a huge jerk. He was bumping heads with Urlacher in a New York second when he got to Chicago.

Orton has some of the best stats of any QB in the league, so I don't understand how Tebow is going to do better. But I do not doubt the stupidity of the Denver fans.  Tebow is a raging Bible-thumper and Colorado is thick with Bible-thumpers.  Orton, by contrast, is a fish-out-of-water raging liberal who drives a Prius.  No surprise the SUV-driving, conservative, Chistian Bronco fans can't stomach him. Stupid reasons to reject a QB, but it can't be related to Orton's performance. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

It's unlikely to happen, but he'd better improve in a hurry.  Bowlen and the Bronco fans will not stand for mediocrity.

For those who say "he won't come back because it is a step down" ... that happens plenty of times.  There are always former HCs going back to their roots (Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou), et al, while waiting for another opportunity or whatever else come along.  And that doesn't even count those that are in the broadcast booth, taking college jobs, or working in inferior leagues (Jim Fassel).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]MCDaniels is HATED by the fans in Denver. Not that the fans will make the decisions for the what's best for the team, but I think he's on very thin ice and could be out of a job next year, and don't be so sure Orton is that well liked. They're calling for Tebow to play. http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_16431972
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put a whole lotta stock in this.  Any body who's a fan of the team should know the Bronco's have a way to go before they start winning the way they use to.  Just a NFL fan in general would tell Bronco fans to settle down a bit.  This franchise was in bad shape when McDaniels took over.  You have to look at it as a rebuilding project and that takes a while.

I'm sure McDaniels is on a time line of sorts.  But he does have time to get this thing on track.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big O's prediction on WEEI : I mean Orton is well-liked by his teammates.  Cutler was reviled.  He's supposed to be a huge jerk. He was bumping heads with Urlacher in a New York second when he got to Chicago. Orton has some of the best stats of any QB in the league, so I don't understand how Tebow is going to do better. But I do not doubt the stupidity of the Denver fans.  Tebow is a raging Bible-thumper and Colorado is thick with Bible-thumpers.  Orton, by contrast, is a fish-out-of-water raging liberal who drives a Prius.  No surprise the SUV-driving, conservative, Chistian Bronco fans can't stomach him. Stupid reasons to reject a QB, but it can't be related to Orton's performance. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

chrisrian Bronco fans HUH???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The issue is McDaniels made some questionable strong-armed personel decisions that you get away with if you have the reputation of Parcells or Belichick. You get held accountable if you're a rookie head coach, whereas, someone with a serious rep gets more leeway. Ultimately, though, if you fail you will be shown the door. I always liked Bowlen  as an owner and Shanahan definitely had a number and is widely respected as coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

No thanks he blew the Super Bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts