Big O's prediction on WEEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Big O's prediction on WEEI

I think McDaniels is done in denver. If they end up with a losing record, he will be an offensive coordinator again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It's not McDaniel's that we want from Denver, send Champ on over.... like now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I said early on that I thought he needed to bake in the oven a little longer before becoming a HC.  I said he reminded me an awful lot of Cam Cameron.  I think he has the smarts, but not the personality.  He made some pretty bizarre statements.  Of course, then they came out and won a bunch of games in a row and made me prepare a plate of crow.

Moral to the story - sometimes you look wrong in the short term but you're not.

If he is fired, he'll get another chance down the road.  He's real young and has plenty of time to pick up the pieces for another try.  I just think he left the nest a little too early.  He should have stayed on a few more years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Even if he gets fired, which is likely, he has what 4 years left on his contract?? He would lose that if he took another job which would be at a much lower pay scale. I would think he would sit back, lick his wounds, collect his checks and come back to the NFL somewhere after his Denver deal is paid out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He is under scrunity in Denver that's for sure. The Oakland debacle has caused him some serious damage to an image that was already being questioned.

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-broncos-debacle-txt,0,5200476.story

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I always thought the McDaniels hire was a head scratcher, but as someone pointed out above, the Broncos got off to a fast start that may have raised expectations higher than they should have been, given Denver's personnel. History suggests that Bowlen does not run a knee-jerk operations, and let's not forget, they wheeled and dealed to draft Tim Tebow -- a down-the-road guy if ever there was one. I don't really think McDaniels' job is in any jeopardy at all, but even if it is, going back to an offensive coordinator's position would not be the end of the world for him -- but he can't do it in New England. That would look too much like crawling, and I don't really see Belichick making room for him in any event.

Sections
Shortcuts