Big Play Brandon McGowan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Big Play Brandon McGowan.

Is it just me or does it seem like we got a very quality player in the FA signing of Brandon McGowan.Dude is always a turnover waiting to happen on defense.He has been around at least 3 turnovers this season so far.He was in on the leodis McKelvin fumble, Micheal Turner fumble and another against the Titans.looks like a good pick up so far. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Big Play Brandon McGowan.

he has been huge for us

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

He has played great. Notice you hardly even see Sanders on the field anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Who did Pat Chung replace while he was in the game yesterday? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Chung came in as the the Nickel back yesterday, so he was most likely replacing a linebacker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Brandon has been especially good at shutting down tight ends, and we've faced some pretty good ones so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

When people point to Belichick's mistakes (Galloway, Lewis) I am always quick to point out that his personel successes surpass the # of mistakes by a wide margin. MacGown and Bodden (take a look at what other teams #1 WRs have done) have played very well (exception Denver) and our young players are showing great promise and poise early on (Butler, Edleman, Pryor, Chung....even Hoyer). The young D just keeps getting better and better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I agree about McGowan, the guy seems like he's always around the ball.  Whether it's a tackle, fumble, or pick.. he's always right there. 

I saw a great comment he made a couple weeks ago, more or less saying that he'd put his body through whatever punishment is necessary to make a play for this team.  He is apparently really enjoying the team (coach, teammates, atmosphere, etc).  So, hopefully he'll be one that they'll resign. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_439198. Show user_439198's posts

cannot wait to add sanders back to the group especially before indy.
    with mcgowan on dallas and merriweather playing FS we need our big play stopper.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Bruschi said that the two Brandons are emerging as one of the best safety tandems in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

In Response to Big Play Brandon McGowan.:
    Is it just me or does it seem like we got a very quality player in the FA signing of Brandon McGowan.Dude is always a turnover waiting to happen on defense.He has been around at least 3 turnovers this season so far.He was in on the leodis McKelvin fumble, Micheal Turner fumble and another against the Titans.looks like a good pick up so far. 
    Posted by PatsBBBrady

I agree ..he seems to always be in the right place at the right time........making big plays..........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

what about meriweather??? he was beastly back  back picks with 1 brought back to the house, future ed reed?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

McGowan replaced a man that cannot be replaced- Rodney Harrison. He has done an admirably job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

yes. he's been playing good so far. James Sanders can't get onto the feild because he's been so good! Nice. Meriweather looks to b coming into his own too! I think the "elite" comments are premature but, he's been very very good!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Sanders is actually pretty good so Brando is doing very well to replace him. Never hurts that he is a heavy hitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

does anyone know his contract status? i hope he's locked up, because he could be tough to resign. meanwhile, sanders can kiss that new contract he signed this year goodbye after this season!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from khiro822. Show khiro822's posts

He has been a beast.  I am LOVING our defense so far this year.  We are very young after losing Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, and Seymore.  Young and fast.  We seem to improve and become more cohesive every week.  If we can develop a little more in the pass rush, we will be very hard to beat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

Im gonna go out on a limb and hope we sign McGowan to a longer deal because i think he is playing on a 1yr deal. i watched him play in Chicago and he was very good.the only knock on him then was that he couldnt stay healthy(probably because of his admirable reckless style of play).other than that the combo of him and Meriweather is looking good back there. how about meriweather's burst on the ball people? dude flies into your screen like he got shot out of a cannon. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, he is solid and is standing out.  I like the combination, like Bodden, Springs is so so for me, hoping Wilhite gets in there more.  The D is gelling up nicely.  BB once again proves he has a plan, and its a looooooooooong season

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustaThought5. Show JustaThought5's posts

Bruschi is right they are becoming one of the league's best tandems. I think that he has been a very pleasant surprise, and that the Patriots would be smart to lock both McGowan and Meriwether into long-term deals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i bought a Brandon meriweather jersey the first or second year after he was drafted, i always use to get the whos that from people when i would wear it. now people know. i think meriweather can be compared to ed reed and troy palamalu, he is fast and has fast closing speed like palamalu and lays the lumber like ed reed.  he is definitly coming into his own, it will be fun to watch what he does the rest of the year.

Sections
Shortcuts