Big Trade Coming from CHI?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Big Trade Coming from CHI?

Greg Olsen is on the block, Martz doesn't use a pass catching TE, Cutler couldn't use his in DEN.  Most of the Chicago message boards don't think they can get that much for him.

Alex Brown DE, is being actively shopped in the wake of having to give peppers 20mil this season alone.  It is likely that he will be released if they cannot trade him soon, he is due 5mil this season and next.

They have no picks in the first 2 rounds and are reportedly pick hungry.  

Guess what we have a bunch of?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Re: Big Trade Coming from CHI?

So basically speculation + hyperbole + rumor = Possibility...  not fact, 

If it was a fact the trade would have already happened.  Nobody wants to talk about facts, they have already happened.  Talking about possibilities is really what people are here to do.  You want facts read (some) Newspapers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

The Patriots just signed a high profile TE and Brown is a DE in a 4-3 and wouldn't fit in for you guys. Have you been drinking all day or do you just have no clue about your own team. Maybe you should head back to the Chicago board and have another beer and a Bratwurst. As an Indy fan I wish you were the GM for NE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Guess what they can get a bunch of at a much lower price in the draft?  DE & TE especially

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

dogg as long as you can accept your qb as the worlds greatest choker your welcome here anyday:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Crumpler would seem to indicate that the Pats want a blocking TE. If they go with a two TE set, they could easily draft a decent TE in the 4th. If Crumpler can see seal the edge and negate the pass rush (or blitzing OLBs) what more would the Pats need from the TE spot. If were talking trade I'd rather have John Carlson. More speculation....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

In Response to Re: Big Trade Coming from CHI?:
    So basically speculation + hyperbole + rumor = fact?
    Posted by murghkhor

Hey Murgkhor;  why doi you always misread the thread ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

luv the picture of Manning picking his nose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

dogg as long as you can accept your qb as the worlds greatest choker your welcome here anyday:)
    Posted by HOTBLITZ

yeah it must be hard for him though to know across the nation he's always viewed as a choker, a big ol' watermelon forehead and oreo licker, LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

MVP you might be a little harsh with that assessment. I don't know if the olsen move is that bad, having a pass catching TE with a great blocking TE wouldn't be that bad, assuming BB uses 2 TE sets. If we can get Olsen for a 2011 conditional 3rd i don't think it would be that bad of a move.  But if it were for a 2nd this year no thanks. he is a very talented TE afterall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

MVP you might be a little harsh with that assessment. I don't know if the olsen move is that bad, having a pass catching TE with a great blocking TE wouldn't be that bad, assuming BB uses 2 TE sets. If we can get Olsen for a 2011 conditional 3rd i don't think it would be that bad of a move.  But if it were for a 2nd this year no thanks. he is a very talented TE afterall.
    Posted by natesubs

I agree Subs, 
    Just because we cut Dave (wendy's) Thomas last season, which turned out to be a huge mistake imo, doesn't mean we don't use pass catching TE's.  While BB likes his blocking TE like Graham and Big Crump we've always had guys like watson and thomas who primarily pass-catchers.  Now that we have a blocking TE I think our team needs a pass catcher.  
    This guy is young, proven and talented.  I know we usually try to get guys who are over the hill, but this would be a step in the right direction.  We flirted with getting Gonzo when he was available last year but the price was a very high second and we didn't want to give up the cassel pick.  

I don't buy the BB doesn't throw to his TE's argument.  Despite drafting two TE in the first people don't think he likes the position.  Unfortunately those guys haven't lived up to what he wanted.  A combo of Olsen and Crump can do it all and grab a lot of those over the middle passes while wes is on the shelf.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

if anyone watches football greg olsen is ridiculous pass catcher ...... would spread the middle of the field on plays they use the running back to block . we could also go two tight end sets . everyone is head over heals about drafting a tight end which we will but they are unproven. Olsen has proven he is good and bailed cutler out numerous times last season . cutler probably would have had like 654687448444 INTs instead of his 30 or whatever he had lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I like Olsen but I think I have come to the point where I would rather spend a 4th round pick on a TE that could develop with Crumpler. Crumpler is a good teacher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I like Olsen but I think I have come to the point where I would rather spend a 4th round pick on a TE that could develop with Crumpler. Crumpler is a good teacher.
    Posted by DaBlade

I agree with you Blade. The Pats should draft a TE if they want one. This is a deep draft. With so many holes for the Pats to fill, I wouldn't want to be giving up many draft picks in this years draft. Between this one and next years, we are gonna have a lot of young talent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Olsen is young talent.  Actually the best kind, that which doesn't have to sit on the shelf for 2 years to "learn the system"...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I agree a TE will be drafted and Olsen stays in Chicago hating live, though I don't think one is drafted with the first 5 picks.  There are some TEs in later rounds who are an option and still get a player who can catch the ball.

Kid who the Pats already scouted is Scott Sicko UNH 6'4" 251 4.56 40.  After his pro day numbers came out more teams started to bring him in for visits but the Pats were the only ones at his pro day.  Very productive at college and a guy similar to Olsen.
    Mickey Shuler Penn State 6'4" 251 4.64 40, can catch the ball well but is also a good blocker. 
    Both of these guys are projected as 7th rounders, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats draft a couple of TEs late and let them compete for a spot.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Wonder if that is Mickey Shuler's son who played for the Jets? I believe he went to Penn. St. too.
    Posted by bobbysu

yes he is, his dad Sr still covers the Jets if I'm not mistaken.  Could be this kid ends up in Jersey, I like what he brings to the team.  A combination of good size, hands and blocking abilities. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

As a side note, if we draft a TE I like the kid McCoy out at USC.  Solid all around guy, can catch and block.  Great project for next year.  Plus Crump is great guy to "groom" a young TE.  We would still need a guy to catch passes this year thou, which is why I was advocating the trade for olsen...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

the trade is possible,but i wouldnt call it big.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

WE'VE KNOWN THIS FOR A LONG TIME MORON

Sections
Shortcuts