Big Trade Coming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Big Trade Coming?

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I wanted Phil Taylor in the draft so naturally I'd still want him. My only two question would be why the Browns would give up on a productive 25yr old kid unless they are worried about that ankle and is Taylor and Vince enough to generate pressure up the middle? The one thing about Taylor was he was a better gap plugger then a pocket pusher. Mallett for Taylor though I would take in a heart beat, toss in their 3rd and that turns into Sanders and Taylor for Mallett, now that's a deal

Trading him for a potential franchise QB is not giving up on him. It's getting value, trading an asset for another one. Giving up would be dumping him for nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, and a 3rd rounder. I know what your saying, but mallett has a chance to be a franchise QB, and this draft is deep in DT talent. Lombardi could use his first on Richardson, Star or whoever, and he gets his potential franchise QB. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Plus the browns just signed Bryant and have rubin inside as well who,is roughly the same size as Taylor..both could be nt's. I think Lombardi already filled the Taylor gap if this is what is up..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Dennis Farrell ESPN @Dennis77Farrell

I don't know any names yet... I'm working on it. And I'm working on a time table... I have a Front Office contact . And I'm working it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

@bmanning93 I was told it was to another GM and they been going back and forth . Trust me it a good source

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

I don't know any names yet... I'm working on it. And I'm working on a time table... I have a Front Office contact . And I'm working it.

huh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Why would Lombardi give up a draft pick PLUS Taylor?  Taylor alone is more than fair.  

From a Pats perspective, this would remove a big draft need so if they wanted to then give up a third for Sanders, it's more palatable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

huh?

According to this guy (who is a Pats fan), he has a good contact in the FO of the Pats and has been told they are working on a trade. However, his friend has not released details to him yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

huh?

According to this guy (who is a Pats fan), he has a good contact in the FO of the Pats and has been told they are working on a trade. However, his friend has not released details to him yet.

i see, post is about a trade is in the works

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I wanted Phil Taylor in the draft so naturally I'd still want him. My only two question would be why the Browns would give up on a productive 25yr old kid unless they are worried about that ankle and is Taylor and Vince enough to generate pressure up the middle? The one thing about Taylor was he was a better gap plugger then a pocket pusher. Mallett for Taylor though I would take in a heart beat, toss in their 3rd and that turns into Sanders and Taylor for Mallett, now that's a deal

Trading him for a potential franchise QB is not giving up on him. It's getting value, trading an asset for another one. Giving up would be dumping him for nothing.

give up was maybe the wrong choice of words but Taylor is a proven starting DT/NT Mallett has high potential. That's why taking Mallett for picks makes sense (potential for potential) but potential for a starting caliber player value is not quite the same which makes me wonder about Taylor

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

You also gotta remember that value for a DT/NT is quite different than a QBs value. QB is the most important postion in the game. If they were both the best at their position, who would you take? The QB or the DT? I think thats why this makes alot of sense. I just dont now about getting a 3rd with Taylor. Maybe a 4th or lower. 

I would generally agree but Mallett is still potential at this point and Taylor is proven talent which gives him more value imo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

would anyone be in favor of this hypothetical scenario???

Arizona receives:

• QB Ryan Mallett
    • WR Brandon Lloyd
    • 2013 1st round pick
    • 2014 1st round pick
    • another 2nd or 3rd round pick

New England receives:

• Larry Fitzgerald
    • 2013 5th round pick
    • 2013 6th round pick (from Titans)
    • One or two more late picks in 2014

http://thenosebleeds.com/why-larry-fitzgerald-to-the-patriots-makes-perfect-sense/

I'll take Larry but this will never happen the pats would get fleeced. Where do you come up with this crap?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

mallet for taylor straight up. then draft peter Lalich QB california (PA) in the 6th or 7th to replace mallett as our backup QB.  I would be very happy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I would trade Mallet for Taylor. We need a young space eating DT next to VW. I doubt cle would give a 3rd too though. i think Sanders is in for leverage against Lloyd to resructure. No f-ing way we give up a 3rd for a scrub receiver with potential.

You think Sanders is a scrub receiver? Pioli (not that I really value a thing he says) said this would be a steal and that Sanders is a good player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

mallet for taylor straight up. then draft peter Lalich QB california (PA) in the 6th or 7th to replace mallett as our backup QB.  I would be very happy.

Lalich is a great prospect with a lot of confidence.  Would be a great pickup.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I would trade Mallet for Taylor. We need a young space eating DT next to VW. I doubt cle would give a 3rd too though. i think Sanders is in for leverage against Lloyd to resructure. No f-ing way we give up a 3rd for a scrub receiver with potential.

You think Sanders is a scrub receiver? Pioli (not that I really value a thing he says) said this would be a steal and that Sanders is a good player.

I read Pioli's comments. I guess scrub sounds harsh but my point was judging by what he has done in a pass heavy offense he only has potential. I wouldn't want to give up our 3rd rder for a guy that is in no way proven. Now if Lloyd is cut then our backs are against the wall a little....but that isn't how BB operates. I really think it's due dilligence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

You also gotta remember that value for a DT/NT is quite different than a QBs value. QB is the most important postion in the game. If they were both the best at their position, who would you take? The QB or the DT? I think thats why this makes alot of sense. I just dont now about getting a 3rd with Taylor. Maybe a 4th or lower. 

[QUOTE}

I would generally agree but Mallett is still potential at this point and Taylor is proven talent which gives him more value imo

Think of it this way, what would a QB needy team give up to get Geno Smith or whichever rookie QB they think could be their franchise guy?  Probably value equal to Taylor or more. If Mallett turns out to be that good, they'll forget about Taylor in a hurry.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I read Pioli's comments. I guess scrub sounds harsh but my point was judging by what he has done in a pass heavy offense he only has potential. I wouldn't want to give up our 3rd rder for a guy that is in no way proven. Now if Lloyd is cut then our backs are against the wall a little....but that isn't how BB operates. I really think it's due dilligence.

We haven't had much success drafting receivers in the third round...I know what you're saying, but it looks like decent value to me. These outside receivers are getting paid too much right now, chances are we can sign him to something reasonable that the Steelers can't match.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We haven't had much success drafting receivers in the third round...I know what you're saying, but it looks like decent value to me. These outside receivers are getting paid too much right now, chances are we can sign him to something reasonable that the Steelers can't match.

to be fair, short of Moss and Welker we haven't had much luck in FA or trades for WRs either

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I heard it was Jints Fan, Leon and UD6 to the New York Post for "wannabes to be named later"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

would anyone be in favor of this hypothetical scenario???

Arizona receives:

• QB Ryan Mallett
    • WR Brandon Lloyd
    • 2013 1st round pick
    • 2014 1st round pick
    • another 2nd or 3rd round pick

New England receives:

• Larry Fitzgerald
    • 2013 5th round pick
    • 2013 6th round pick (from Titans)
    • One or two more late picks in 2014

http://thenosebleeds.com/why-larry-fitzgerald-to-the-patriots-makes-perfect-sense/

God, I want some of the stuff you be smokin'

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

i really doubt mallett would make a big trade

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

This lady's Twitter is getting a ton of attention right now.

https://twitter.com/_ErikaLeigh

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts