Big Vince to Buffalo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Big Vince to Buffalo?

The Bills are switching to the 34 defense along with just about everyone else in the nfl (one reason I think the Pats should go to a 43), obviously the Bills are going to need a nose tackle. Would Bill have the guts to ship him to a division rival? I think he wouldn't think twice if it were the Bills, he did it with Bledsoe and I'd rather see him there than in Miami (Parcells said while Vince was playing with the Hurricanes that you could build a defense around this guy). Plus I may be a bit cynical but I'd rather see Vince freezing his gut off on a 5-11 team than whooping it up with his boys down in Miami. Plus the Bills havn't beat us in something like 13 tries. The Bills are picking somewhere around the top ten this year and if you can't sign him, enjoy the Buffalo wings big guy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Big Vince to Buffalo?

i bet he gets traded to st. louis plus our 2nd rounder. we get Suh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Big Vince to Buffalo?:
    The Bills are switching to the 34 defense along with just about everyone else in the nfl (one reason I think the Pats should go to a 43), obviously the Bills are going to need a nose tackle. Would Bill have the guts to ship him to a division rival? I think he wouldn't think twice if it were the Bills, he did it with Bledsoe and I'd rather see him there than in Miami (Parcells said while Vince was playing with the Hurricanes that you could build a defense around this guy). Plus I may be a bit cynical but I'd rather see Vince freezing his gut off on a 5-11 team than whooping it up with his boys down in Miami. Plus the Bills havn't beat us in something like 13 tries. The Bills are picking somewhere around the top ten this year and if you can't sign him, enjoy the Buffalo wings big guy!
    Posted by mthurl

Bill's would be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Big Vince to Buffalo?:
    i bet he gets traded to st. louis plus our 2nd rounder. we get Suh
    Posted by kansaspatriot
    Well that would be a nice trade if the Rams didn't need a QB so badly! I'd trade them Big Vince for Stephan Jackson and their 2nd round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

See I wouldn't want to give up Vince and a second rounder for a unproven DT, even if Suh is as good as he seems. But it will be interesting to watch, Vince has got temendous value at this point; his age and production are perfect and he has no off field issues. I think if we had all the pieces in place around the guy I'd break the bank for him, however if you do that as we are now then expect to see more of the same on defense. Unless we hit it big in the draft. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

kansaspatriot...a proven star defensive lineman and a second round pick for an unproven defensive lineman with a bloated rookie contract?  Big no thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You don't break the bank for a nose tackle, even one as good as Wilfork. All this hype that you need a super incredible nose tackle to play a 3/4 is complete crap. You need a big body who can block some lanes and you can draft that mid first round and below. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Big Vince to Buffalo?:
    kansaspatriot...a proven star defensive lineman and a second round pick for an unproven defensive lineman with a bloated rookie contract?  Big no thanks.
    Posted by pyegian

i think Suh would flourish and bring immeadiate dividends to the Pats, whereas he would flounder on a team like the Rams.

VW has proven himself, but i say if the Pats give to his demands, he'll go the way of seymour.

BB has to gamble this year, and get a decent player in the 1st round even it costs a bloated rookie contract

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Big difference between Bledsoe and Wilfork....Bledsoe was all done when we traded him, and Vince is one of the best at his position in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I don't see him being traded I think it is cheaper now and in the long run to just keep him but if we do trade him it won't be inside the AFC East.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Within the division... not likely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

yea.......thats what were going to do with our best defensive player in a contract year.........trade him  to the Bills in our divison..........what a joke of a post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Suh is a 3-4 Defensive End. Suh is a 4-3 DT. He is a richard Seymour clone to a degree

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

If the Pats franchise VW and there's no progress towards a long-term deal by the time of the NFL draft, they'll consider trading him.  However, it will not be to a team in their division like Miami or Buffalo.  I also don't think BB could get a 1st round pick for him, much like last year he preferred the value of a high 2nd rounder.  With all that said, I think the best option would be trading VW to Tampa Bay for their 2nd round pick(35th overall).  Tampa Bay had the worst run defense in the league last year and they're not in a position to draft either Suh or McCoy with their 3rd overall pick.  Therefore, they getting VW for their 2nd rounder is a great deal for them.  The Pats get a 1st round talent at a reduced pricetag in a draft that's deep with D-line talent.  Win-Win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

What has Vince done in his 6 years here that warrants all of this hate? He honored his bogus 6 year deal on the cheap, while the entire time playing at an elite level. He deserves a good contract. The Pats need to start taking care of those guys that have allowed them to be the success they have been for the past decade. The Pats arrogance has cought up with them, and we now see the result; an average football team. Brady's window is closing ladies and gentlemen, lets stock pile now, not for the future!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

He's not worth the  money. It's a passing league now and he's a two down player. O by the way how many rushing yards did the Ravens get with VW playing nose & end? Colts center Jeff Saturday owns Wilfork.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

What has Vince done in his 6 years here that warrants all of this hate?

He reportedly turned down $23 million guarenteed on a long-term extension back in October.  That's partly the Pats' fault for waiting that long on an offer, but it's still way more $$$ than guys like Kris Jenkins, Casey Hampton and  Jamal Williams make.  It's clear that VW is looking for Haynesworth neighborhood $$$ and I think most would agree he's not worth that much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

I'd take Kris Jenkins over VW in a heart beat and Jamal Williams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Your right Eason11, what a dumb thread. It's not like Belicheck would ever trade a 31 year old franchise QB 1 year after signing him to a 10 year 112 million dollar contract, like he did to Bledsoe. And they had to wait a year to get their first round pick. I'm sure Belicheck would be to crazy or scared to do the same to Vince, especialy when you consider how loaded and close Buffalo are to a championship. 

Sections
Shortcuts