Big Willie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Big Willie

So Willie came out last week and said he is very open to ending his career in Foxboro while he was a guest on the NFL network. I know many people dont want to bring in older players but at the same time how many times have we heard someone say that we need to bring in "another Willie to make big plays the way he did" plus you can never have enough depth, if he took a friendly contract would you want to see him back in a Pats uniform?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Re: Big Willie

Nope.  Willie would be good to have on call incase of injuries but I dont think the Patriots should waste a roster spot on him right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

The heart says yes, the brain says no. There comes a time when you have to let go and move on....that said I (we) all love the real #55

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would bring him in and let him try and make the team if he is still good enough to be at least a back up i would be ok with that as he would help police that locker room. plus he coudl retire a pat and i would love that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Killa, I can go along with that, if he can come in and win a job then great love to have him..also agree with you on seeing him retire a Patriot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I wouldn't mind it at all...of course, he'd have to compete for a roster spot like anyone else. Especially if they pick up an OLB in the draft. Another good mentor now that Vrable is gone. I still don't forget all those huge plays he used to make in the postseason. Mostly when they needed one badly late in a close game. They haven't won a SB since Willie Mac left. But the deal would have to be a minimum salary, possibly with some incentives. I suppose it will come down to how many possible openings they might have on the 53 man roster. I wouldn't want them to lose someone promising, but he would truly be another leader in the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

That dog has lost it's bite.  I'd much rather remember him as the great player he was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Bring him in to compete for the position.I feel this way about a lot of the players that are out there in the free agency.there is no harm in that.if he wins it.its a plus for the pats,and he can retire on a good note.if he dosent beat out whoever,again it would be no loss to the pats,and when that day he does decide to retire.he can sign for one day,and do so if he chooses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

I would like to have him retire a Patriot, but thats it. The best case scenario is he makes the team and sits on the bench. I would much rather have a young player with alot of upside in that role.  Big Willie just doesnt have the wheels anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Who wouldn't love to see Willie retire as a Patriot. But with the young linebackers we have now and who knows what will come during the draft, I would have to overrule my heart and say no. But in a way, I hope I'm wrong. I will always remember Willie making that 4th down stop in Indy! What a play! Maybe one of the greatest plays in Patriot history. I mean, how big was THAT win. Then to see him tearing off his helmut and running right down the middle of the field. I was in a sports bar here in Atl watching that game. I started jumping up and down, running around in circles. Never ever forget that play!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Did anyone see him in NFL Total Access last night?  He was talking how he helped BB change the way he uses OLBs.  I think if he can earn a spot he'll be an on the field coach and teach those young guns we have how to play the game. 

I think he'll make the team as a backup, specially since Jason Taylor is not making up his mind and will probably end up in Miami.  Willie would be a good addition and play his last year where it all started for him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

So Willie came out last week and said he is very open to ending his career in Foxboro while he was a guest on the NFL network. I know many people dont want to bring in older players but at the same time how many times have we heard someone say that we need to bring in "another Willie to make big plays the way he did" plus you can never have enough depth, if he took a friendly contract would you want to see him back in a Pats uniform?
    Posted by MVPkilla

I believe your the Same MVP that said, the Pats have no interest in signing a 37 year old receiver. Good thing BB is in Charge, and signed Galloway anyways. Let's bring back 37 year old Willie "What a Genius Move" Why not Deacon Jones also. Boy Genius

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Pats44,

I would rather see the Pats sign Carl Eller, man this guy still looks like he can play....mean, mean dude...LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Pats44, I would rather see the Pats sign Carl Eller, man this guy still looks like he can play....mean, mean dude...LOL!
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

You don't know the half of it.

When Minneapolis police attempted to subdue an enraged Eller during a recent DUI arrest, tasers had no effect on the 66-year-old ex-Viking.

30 years later, this guy is still the baddest motor scooter on the block.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Prairiemike, He's all that and probably never did 'roids. I saw that story on the news witnesses said he was throwing cops off him like jet offensive linemen...LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts