Bigger chocker, Favre or Peyton Manning?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

Bigger chocker, Favre or Peyton Manning?

its a tough call

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Bigger chocker, Favre or Peyton Manning?

This is an interesting question, insofar as whenever you see Favre commit patented bonehead maneuvers -- like he did at the end of the NFC Championship game two of the last three years -- it is usually because he is trying to do too much and you will hear people defend his "gunslinger" mentality and "boyish love of the game."

These are the kinds of comments that make otherwise rational people want to smack pundits (particularly John Madden) upside the head to try and rattle a little sense into them. That "gunslinger" mentality lost Favre more big games than it ever won, and yet you don't hear Favre labeled as a "choker" the way you do Manning. I think this is primarily because Manning is supposed to be the lead cog in some mythical well-oiled machine, whereas Favre has always been presented as a kid on a playground, drawing plays in the dirt. Neither of those personae are remotely accurate -- but that's the media for you -- and so, when we feel, as I do, that Manning is a far bigger choker than Favre, that is partially because I hate the Colts more than any other team, and partially because the media has spent so much time trying to convince me that Peyton is God, his repetitive failure in the clutch is magnified out of all proportion to reality.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Favre is not a choker.  What he is however, is a very reckless player who takes BIG risks; often to the detriment of his team.  Sometimes those risks pay off for him too.  He will take these risks in any game, big or small.

BTW, do you think maybe this whole Peyton choking bit is being overplayed and blown up just a tad?  I mean really, I wonder how the guy even got drafted...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

Jim Kelly, John Elway, Donovan McNabb all have resumes that trump the 2 mentioned in the discussion title.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'd say manning, he had more chances to take his team to the SB than Favre has in the last decade

Sections
Shortcuts