Bigger Metltdown This Week

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Bigger Metltdown This Week

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

"leaves with a lead"?

Yeah, he left his game in the locker room, TWICE!

LOL!

He gave Eli and the Giants two gifts for crying out loud simply because he didn't want to hand it off much, if it at all.

In 2007 TFB hit Moss with a go ahead TD with just minutes left.... Did you forget about that?

14 points will never be enough to win a playoff game or SB in this era.  Brady was awful as was NE's offense in SB 42. Hence, the loss.

brady left both sb's winning

ur d choked twice

hence the losses

:  )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Well, it's surprising and there are many spammed threads on here because of them.

I am just shocked they each loved Welker that much to still not see the forest for the trees.

Hey Rusty, you talk about many spammed threads in a spamming thread that you just created.  No wonder people can't take you serious.

But hey, I'm flattered you created a thread about me.  Through the years I have had fun on here, not taking anyone or anything to serious.  Not to toot my own horn but I think I have provided some solid entertainment here over the years as well as joining in on some good discussion.  I that PatsEng has done that too.  And there are many people on here who I enjoy, I'm not going to name names, but I do hope they know who they are.

The whole thing about the Welker deal is so many people wanted him back but wasn't willing to pay $8-$9 million or more to do so.  That was fair, that would have been a ton of money!  He was a solid player for the Pats, he put up monster stats year in and year out, he was the most dependable receive the Pats had.  He was a proven player on the team in a position that is important to the offense thet BB and JMcD run.  He was a go to guy.  It was reall a position that didn't need messed with, there are many more that need help. Amendola has been on all our radar's for several years, mine included, and we knew there would be a day he came here.  We don't know if he can stay on the field, history shows he can't.  Why risk it at such an important position especially as important as it is to our franchise QB?

Well it wouldn't have taken a bunch of money to get him to return, just a solid, fair amount and he would have been back.  The Patriots are famous for making these moves, they still haven't replaced the deep threat that has been missing since they let Moss go. I really hope that doesn't happen here.  To top it all off, it's just not the Welker deal it's the lack of going out and getting solid players during the off season, especially now where there have been a bunch of quality guys who have signed for much lower $ than anticipated yet the Pats have not addressed the WR position or any of the defenses position.  It gets tiring year after year to see them take the same approach over and over again and falling short.  If they just would have made that one or two solid moves instead of picking up a dozen "value" players then they would have had a few more rings.  Time is short for TFB, I want his to get a couple more rings but I don't like what I am seeing... The Welker move being one of them.

That's it! I don't think I have said anything that isn't true in this post. That's where my thoughts are. 

Again, you're wrong. There was a lockout in 2011, which meant they couldn't wildly do what the Jets just did.

Welker didn't do much in either SB he played in.  Truth hurts.

Welker had 17 catches for 170 yards in the SBs. So you could argue he was the only player who did anything on offense.  Regardless something had to change weve scored 14 ppg in 2SBs and a home afc championship game. Not very good....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

both are great posters, but its easily TFB12. hes been acting like he lost a son or something..

Nope!  The team I am a fan of just lost it's most productive player.  You don't find that a problem?

well brady is the most productive player, but with that being said, if the pats had done nothing about the loss of welker, i would be p.issed....but they signed a guy prior to wes' departure and the guy is 5 years younger with a similar skillset.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Amendola. Show Brady2Amendola's posts

"leaves with a lead"?

LOL!

He gave Eli and the Giants two gifts for crying out loud simply because he didn't want to hand it off much, if it at all.

In 2007 TFB hit Moss with a go ahead TD with just minutes left.... Did you forget about that?

14 points will never be enough to win a playoff game or SB in this era.  Brady was awful as was NE's offense in SB 42. Hence, the loss.

But 17 was...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Too much. Overkill.

I said in 2010 it needed to be scaled back. I thought they had it when they dealt Moss, but Brady snuck back into it thinking too much in the playoffs. 2011 came and then he acted up again in the SB and the AFC title game this year.

Get out of the shotgun base spread.

Trust me. I have no idea how on god's green earth it's gone on this long, but maybe it was because Welker was seen as too valuable and under contract under market, but it's over. It's all over. They'll be no more fooling around now.

What?  You need to explain this one some more!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Brady2Amendola's comment:

"leaves with a lead"?

LOL!

But 17 was...

CHA-CHING!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Winning SBs is not about overloading production or counting stats. You lost.

hahaha, okay.  I lost your argument that doesn't make any sense. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I saw it, called it out and was bashed and banned here for sticking to my guns.

Yes, you lost.

Hahaha, you should be bashed and banned more often.  Someone who posts about 500 posts a month (probably more under other screen names) should be banned.  There is only two reasons to have that many posts... trolling and doing nothing but arguing.  If your keeping score on how many arguments you have won and lost I would say you are probably on the losing end of it.... by a lot.  So okay, I will let you win whatever argument you were arguing about with me so you can get your win % up since you seem to be keeping track.  LOL!! The funny thing is, I have no clue what you were arguing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I've explained it enough. The "Elephant in the Room" thread after Week 3 in Buffalo in 2011 should suffice.

Oh, that thread!!  I'm not sure I read that thread, I thought it was a thread about your dating life.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I've explained it enough. The "Elephant in the Room" thread after Week 3 in Buffalo in 2011 should suffice.

Oh, that thread!!  I'm not sure I read that thread, I thought it was a thread about your dating life.

u have to simplify things for rusty tfb...like this:

tom brady here: pats win 12 games

tom brady no here: pats win 9 games

defense in big spot: pats win 0 games

this he can grasp

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

u have to simplify things for rusty tfb...like this:

tom brady here: pats win 12 games

tom brady no here: pats win 9 games

defense in big spot: pats win 0 games

this he can grasp

You are the enemy but this made me Laugh!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pretty weak, dude. Your unhealthy Brady and Welker man lust over what they do on a football field apparently supersedes what you SHOULD want for the TEAM.

Sad, really.

You said you started following this team in 2001, right?

Please clear this up for me.. Which nut sack do you swing from, BB or Kraft?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pretty weak, dude. Your unhealthy Brady and Welker man lust over what they do on a football field apparently supersedes what you SHOULD want for the TEAM.

Sad, really.

You said you started following this team in 2001, right?

Please clear this up for me.. Which nut sack do you swing from, BB or Kraft?

Both. Without either, we aren't where we are as fans following this. If you were a fan pre 2001 or pre Kraft, you'd know this.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.  Now I know why you get so bent out of shape when coaching is scrutinized.  The reason I became a Pats fan was because of BB, my Father was a Browns fan so I liked him then.  But this doesn't stop me from being critical of him.  He's one of the greatest coaches I have ever seen, doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws and that I have to agree with his moves all the time.  As for Kraft, well I don't think enough good things can be said about the guy.  I met him once and seemed to be a class act in person.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Not a classy thread Rusty. 

Those who think they know with certainty whether losing Welker or not is a good or bad thing are both speculating. We'lll know in a year or two but right now it's fair to have just about any view on it.

From my vantage point it looks like a mistake but I'm keeping an open mind partially because we didn't win a ring with Welker so we'll find out.

Eng and TFB have been a bit high strung and overly definitive on this issue but you've been pretty similar on the other side, so not sure you can argue you have handled this with any more maturity than they did.

I think it's incredible you insist on blaming Tom Brady for the last two Super Bowl losses.

I know you only like to look at numbers that support your position, but when you look at the scores of the last 12 or so Super Bowls,

http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/scores.php

In the vast majority of games 20 points was enough to win. Sooner or later a defense is going to shut you down a bit. 

There is a big difference between walking off the field having thrown the interception that was your team's last chance (something both Favre and Manning have done in the playoffs), versus walking off having led your team to a scoring drive and with your team in the lead (Brady in both Super Bowls). 

If you can't acknowledge that distinction you have a serious reality problem. 

This notion that you can hang these Super Bowl losses on one person is absurd. 

It's baffling why you can't accept it was a team loss and stop grinding axes. Defense didn't force the turnovers we needed and didn't make the last second stops. Offense didn't put enough points on the board. Dominated at the line, and outplayed and outcoached. Not that hard to understand though it doesn't give an easy scapegoat which simpletons probably need.

If TFB and Eng are belly aching about Welker a few months from now it will be tiring but I can understand why they are upset even if I think they are going too far arguing that the team will definitely be worse. We just don't know....

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

First I like to thank everyone for the defense

Second Rusty you have no right to talk the way you spam the thread about Brady and the O and then trying to get RKarp to admit he's wrong

Third I made 2 posts one a active list of startig caliber DB on the market and the other about Washington signing. I'd hardly call that spamming the board in my case

Sorry I over reacted because I sae the team I'm passionate about get worse because of 1mil a year and walking solutions leaving FA quickly. As of today they still haven't resigned Talib or Vollmer as far as I know and rumor is Talib is gone to Washington with leaves our secondary in a wordt state then it was last year. Until that's fixed you can't claim victory towards anything. Yes he got us a gret returner, though I'm not sure Demps wouldn't be great in that role, and it looks like he's going to fix the pass rushing problem off the dge with Abraham but what about the other problems? Going into the market they called it correct that contract demands across the board would be down and they set themselves up nicely with the 9th highest cap space to take advantage, instead they still waited to get the bargain prices they looked for last year so in turn they didn't take advantage of young talent in their prime in a market they called. We should all be upset by this if these players they sign are gone in a year or two while the younger players they didn't go after turn out to be #1 starters in other places for cheap contracts compared to other years. So you'll have to forgive me if I over reacted but there was a reason for it and you should be upset more wasn't done too if things turn out like they did last year with FA

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's really not terribly shocking that they let Welker go.  The use of the franchise tag last year suggested they didn't want to do a long-term deal, and they weren't going to eat up large amounts of cap space this year to sign him to a short-term deal.

Replacing Welker with Amendola is a solid move--it doesn't, however, clearly improve the team.  We lost one good slot receiver and picked up another who at least has the potential to be similarly good. Really, though, we're at best treading water at receiver with this switch. 

We still have a number of holes to fill because of the players we are losing to free agency . . . and based on last year's performance there are also positions that could be improved.  Eng's point is simply that we've done nothing so far in free agency that clearly fills holes or improves the team, other than at kick returner. The holes at CB and WR are pretty large, so there is some legitimate concern if the Pats let free agency pass without doing anything more in those positions.  Sure, we still have the draft, there wil be UDRFAs, and cut veterans to look at later, but finding enough quality talent through those avenues can be a challenge.  I don't think it's time to panic yet.  There are still a few good corners available.  But if the Pats don't do anything more at corner (and maybe WR) in free agency I will be disappointed because there are significant needs there, especially given the small number of signed players we have at those positions. 

I think there's a good chance we sign Wilson and Abraham . . . those are two old guys that could help us for a year or so in positions where we lack depth. I'd like those signings.  Mostly, it's corner I'm concerned about because we just are so thin there and it's a position where quality really matters. The good news is there are still a few good free agents out there.  If we sign even just one of them, I think the free agency moves will be successful.  On top of that, I'd also like to see Vollmer re-signed (I'm not as sanguine about Cannon as some) and I wouldn't mind seeing a WR (though I think there are other options to find a wideout later in the year--and the FA quality at that position doesn't impress me all that much).  

Overall, my sense is the key goal in free agency should be to get at least one good starting corner, maybe a right tackle (Vollmer or some decent replacement for him), and then build depth at other positions.  We will still have other needs to fill after then (some wideouts, depth at corner, safety, DL, LB, O-line), but those can be addressed later in the offseason through the draft or by picking up rookie free agents or cut veterans.