Biggest issue on Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3860569. Show user_3860569's posts

Biggest issue on Defense

I think the biggest issue on Defense to me doen't seem to be a player, but from the sidelines Dean Pees has been terrible!!!!! You can tell when Belichick takes over calling the Defense, we get pressure to the QB and make big plays, Pees seems to play to conservative and our players seem a liitle sluggish when Pees calls the D. Bottom line is Pees needs to go and, needs to be replaced be it bring back Romeo Cornell or try to bring in Teddy Brussci as Defensive coordinator. You can have all the right personel on the field but with out the right guy running the D on the side it's all for nothing, Belichick can't do everything and it's a big area in need of an upgrade. Any thoughts?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Biggest issue on Defense

Teddy Bruschi defensive coordinator?  If he was interested in coaching he would probably have to start out a lot further down the chain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmrstrm. Show hmrstrm's posts

Maybe you should be pointing your finger at Belichik....he's the one stinking up the joint...isn't he supposed to be a "defensive genius"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

When you look at the Pats' losses this season, they've really blown some coverage in pass defense, esp. in the secondary. 

The Saints ran some crazy confusing pass routes against a young, relatively inexperienced secondary.  Right now, if you're an opposing team, put the ball in the air.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'll go pass rush then defensive coordinator. Plus lets face it we have a bunch of young guys playing. They are going to make mistakes. With more playing time they should improve. The one's that don't will get cut. Still thinking next season will be kinda like this season on the defensive side with a little more pass rush. It's going to take a few years but by 2011 could easily see a Super Bowl caliber defense out there. IMO next year we have a new offensive and defensive coordinator.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Pass rush has killed them all year, it has to improve if the D wants to remain upper echelon.  Play calling has been a bit timid at times, and Wilhite is much better suited to be a slot corner with his quickness and fluid hips.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

A strong pass rush solves alot of problems.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I love how someone watching on TV can tell which plays Pees is calling and which ones are Belichick's.  Face it.  You have no idea how the play calling responsibility is divvied up.  I believe they decided earlier this yr that they were better off with Pees up in the booth.  Pees just represents an easy target for blame.  If Belichick had an issue with the play calling, Pees would not still be DC.  This is Belichick's D, not one designed by Pees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

BB got rid of Seymour, and downgraded many draft picks that couldve helped us - particularly in the secondary...and what you are seeing is the logical result of his moves -  a mediocre defense that cant stop anyone. If we used all of our picks last year, and kept Seymour, we are looking at a 13-3 team at the worst.  I hope BB & Kraft are happy with their cheapness.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Zero pressure on the QB. Alllllllllllllllllllll dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooooo throwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Easily the Pass rush. When we maybe get to a QB once a game, and give him 10 seconds to pass every play, they are going to pick the Pats CBs apart.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

All I can add to this is one game during the season, BB was repeatedly, play after play, yelling at the DB's to play tighter coverage. I think it was the first game Pees was in the booth. Anyway, a head coach probably doesn't have to repeatedly yell at his db's to play tighter coverage unless his defensive coordinater has drilled it into their heads to do otherwise.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

It starts with the D-line. Noone is getting off their blocks and pressuring the QB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I did not watch this game, thankfully. First off, if you let Butler play LCB do you think Brees and Manning(and most veteran QBs) won't light him up and expose him ? I agree that Wilhite is, at best, a nickel and dime game guy, however, rookie corners get burnt all the time in the NFL. Second, yes Virginia we do need a pass rush, but in 3-4 alignment that usually comes from the OLBs and Burgess and AT have not cut it this year. Suh is so good he'll be top ten at worst top 15 so the Pats would have to trade multiple picks to get into that range when they clearly need players (see FA OLinemen and current DBs and OLBs) on both sides of the ball. The Seymour pick HAS to be a stud, whether its a stud OLB or stud DE/DT makes little difference....pro bowl caliber player with this pick. This is a transition/rebuilding year. You can't expect rooks and second year players to pay instant dividends....seldom works that way...realistically.

Of major concern is that the playcalling has been atrocious. You play right into a team like New Orleans hands when you let them get the lead and you throw the ball all the time because your down a TD (predictable offense that will be stopped by opposing defense). BB has to be calling at least some of the plays so there are some issues there.

What p--ses me off is that now Simmons, Tomase and every other f----t media pundit will talk about how Belichick and Brady are done. It's tantamount to some dude dishing dirt on Walsh and Montana when they MADE that franchise just like BB and Brady made this franchise. The party is not over gentlemen; we just fell short on the drinks and hor d'orevres. Unless you think Kraft will be pleased with a 1st round exit (and he won't be), they'll be some serious personel changes.

Sections
Shortcuts