Biggest Keys to beating Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Biggest Keys to beating Ravens

I'll get it going;

Stop Ray Rice, it's clear that this team feeds off him first and then Flacco. Put the heat on Flacco to win it, make contact with Boldin off the line and get the same pressure as last week.

I think the other is get up early, force their play calling.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Biggest Keys to beating Ravens

Based on what BB did with the D Saturday night against the Broncos, who led the league in rushing, I like our chances.  On another discussion I also posted the fact the Ravens offense only gained an average of 22 more yards per game in total offense than the Broncos.  Does that surprise you?  Flacco is not going to run like Tebow and the Pats can focus on bottling up Rice.  When you have one less threat out of the backfield, the job is somewhat less complicated.  You won't see too many option calls from the Ravens.  Lastly, the Ravens haven't faced an O any where near like the Pats.. they are in for an eye opening experience the likes they have not seen this season.  Every team comes in with some plan to slow the Pats down, rarely works!  Pittsburgh did, but the Ravens D is not Pittsburgh!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Most important thing is our Oline play. If they get to Brady, we don't play well. If Brady has the time he needs....we score points....lots of points.

I think our D proved they they play more than well enough to compete with good teams. They may give up a few, but it all depends on the Offense being productive, and the Oline is the key to it all.

This game is won in the trenches....plain and simple. Win that battle, and we will be in the big show...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

I think if we can get out of the gate quick and get them behind they will have to abandon the run game. I am not particularly scared of their QB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

agc,
    I don't see them running any options either but they are more dangerous throwing the ball. I also like our chances....if we can slow down Rice.

bobby,
    Looks good, I agree

tanbass,
    I agree, Lewis, Suggs and Reed are the leaders on this team and if you protect TB and give him time to dissect that D it demoralizes the rest of the team because the leaders can't do anything.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

What about Josh? What do you see him bringing to this?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Texans basically gave the game away with those stupid turnovers (some were forced, but the first one was not and was a huge momentum swing). Texans had only two legit weapons and a 3 string QB and lost by one score. The Patriots should do better than Texans if they avoid stupid mistakes. That's the biggest key. A lot of experts say that the Ravens match up well to the Patriots. I do not see that. Patriots lost 3 games to teams with a good passing attack. The Ravens passing offence is in the bottom half of the NFL.

Baltimore O is one-dimensional because it goes thru Ray Rice. Pats D-line is looking good this time around due to shrewd roster management and FA signings. BB stashed 2 DL-man to PUP and kept Ellis fresh for the playoffs. Our front 7 should know where Rice is at all times. If Flacco feels pressure, he is looking for Rice.

Baltimore D is good, but they will not be able to double cover everybody. Foster was able to run on them, Pats should be able to run on them too. Throw Ridley, Benny, Danny and Hernandez at them then go no-huddle and shred the tired D. Nobody was able to stop Gronkandez this year. Pats O-line is deep this year too, which is a huge plus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Why do people always say "we need to get out to an early lead"?  Like the other team is so weak-willed they will give up if the Pats start scoring early?  Or the Pats are so incompetent they can't play without a lead?  Just play well the whole game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

1) O - Line plays well
    2) No Turnovers
    3) Slow down Rice

The game won't be all that competitive if they do those things IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I think we will have to be patiant early in the game... I expect Baltomore to come after Brady early so we should be prepared to run the ball a little more even if it means going 3 and out a few times in the first half.... No team can play at maxium effort for all 60 mins. and their defence will give up some big plays in the second half if they try.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

If the Pats play like they played last week they beat anybody. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest Keys to beating Ravens:
    [QUOTE]Why do people always say "we need to get out to an early lead"?  Like the other team is so weak-willed they will give up if the Pats start scoring early?  Or the Pats are so incompetent they can't play without a lead?  Just play well the whole game.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. SF was ahead by 17 quickly, but the game was competitive until the very end. I see no advantage in scoring first.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

My 3 Keys.

1) Win turnover & penalty yardage battle

2) Keep Brady from being under Duress

3) Hold Ravens to under 23 points

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

On Defense: Stopping Ray Rice, and keeping the speed burner Torrey Smith in front of them. The Texans put Johnathan Joseph on Smith, letting Boldin have freedom to roam, and the world even saw a rare Lee Evans sighting. Still, the Ravens' passing "bread and butter" is actually a low percentage pass, deep down the field. That is set up by Ray Rice. Under no circumstances can he "get going." He is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Not if the game is close. If Baltimore wants to run while NE has a big lead, let them. They would be doing NE a favor.  

Matchups I will watch: Arrington vs Torrey Smith, NE's defensive front vs Baltimore's extra large offensive line. 

Player who can make a difference: Linebackers/DE's ... Flacco is terrible when under even small amounts of pressure, getting him into 3rd and long early and often will be key.  

On offense: Keeping Tom Brady clean. Last week was an amazing performance by the offensive line. NE lined up in 27 empty backfield sets, and were in shotgun more than they had been in any game this season (50%). Against Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller, they basically kept Brady spotless. It will take another effort like that from the offensive line. NE's TE's and WRs match up rather well with the Baltimore defensive backfield, which is typically at it's best against deep downfield passes. The key then lies in two things, getting open against coverage (either finding soft spots in the zone or beating your man) and protecting against the 4 man rush. If Balitimore cannot get pressure using only Suggs, Ngata, Redding, and Cody it will be a long day for the rest of their defense. 

Matchups I will watch: the old battles, Light/Mankins vs Suggs/Ngata. The new battles, NE TEs vs Ray Lewis/McClain/Reed. 

Player who can (again) make a difference: Hernandez.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I'd like to see them run a lot out of the hurry up offense to start. Wear those old geezer thugs on D down even if success is limited early, as one other poster already said. Then move to play action and eventually full tempo shotgun - this keeps Brady protected and etablishes the Pats O's physical dominance before they light up the scoreboard like a thousand suns.

On D, bring the intensity from last week into this week and put some pressure on Flacco. Ideally they would gang sack him and shave half his ridiculous moustache off in the pile up before the officials clear them out just to mess with his head. 

The obvious key is Rice. Gap and lane discipline plus swarming to him on every play and gang tackling him should do the trick. I think they ought to test Reed early too. That ankle injury will affect him - might as well try to exploit it. If he's not at 100%, Brady ought to have a fun afternoon.

The STs have been excellent all year - wouldn't it be nice to see them force a turnover early? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest Keys to beating Ravens:
    [QUOTE]Why do people always say "we need to get out to an early lead"?  Like the other team is so weak-willed they will give up if the Pats start scoring early?  Or the Pats are so incompetent they can't play without a lead?  Just play well the whole game.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Mighty, my thoughts are if the Pats can spot 10 or 14 points on them it will change the play calling away from Rice. Maybe it would put it on Flacco's arm a little more.

I never said or thought they'd lay down and cry if it happens.