Biggest Needs To Address In 2014 Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Biggest Needs To Address In 2014 Draft

I think defensive tackle is at the top of the list and then the interior of the offensive line

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Biggest Needs To Address In 2014 Draft

DT and Safety, of course CB could be a big need too if Talib walks. I also think they pounce if a TE of a similar skillset to Hernandez is available to them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Guard and/or center too

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Center, DT is second and SS seems like it's still a weakness.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

A lot of the same as the last 3 seasons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

interior o-line

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would say, DT/NG, OG, then SS and last OT. Oh, in the last round, a QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

too soon to say.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

too soon to say.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  How about we see how this season ends first, before we start putting together a wish list for next season?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

2014 Pats draft picks in priority position:

Round 1 - DT

Round 2 - OG

Round 3 - TE

Round 4 - SS

Round 6 - WR

Round 6 - WR

Round 7 - Tavon Wilson 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Would think Welker would net a third or fourth at worst as comp?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Priority #1-I have to think Connolly and Wendell both are questionable to return. Depending on how the season plays out, Cannon most likely is a candidate to start at G. I also like Svitek as depth, and there is some developing talent on the PS. I do not think there is a first day talent in the draft at C, but I do think there are C that will be available in day 2 that could play. 

Priority #2- a decision needs to be made on Talib and eventually McCourty. They both are playing very well, which means big money. Gregory's salary far exceeds his production. On a team with tight cap space, will he re negotiate? If Talib does leave, I am ok with Dennard and Ryan! but the team cannot live with Arrington on the outside and Cole getting steady snaps at CB. 

Priority #3- Vince, Kelly and now Sopoago are all over 32 years old, and all making more than their production will warrant at their age. Jones and Vellano are nice rotational players to man the 3, 4 or 5 th rotational DT spot. Pats need to bring in a young 2 gap DT. 

Priority #4- Mallett entering his walk year. Does the team draft a QB for development, meaning carrying 3 QB on the roster?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think defensive tackle is at the top of the list and then the interior of the offensive line

[/QUOTE]

Your intelligence or lack of it needs to be addressed.

[/QUOTE]

Did you wake up and decide to be a d!ck today? Looks to me like most responders agree with him....Oh and thanks for your brilliant contribution to the thread.

OL....DL.....CB.....SS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe but they signed Amendola to a similar deal so it might actually mean we get no compensation for Welker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depending on who we signed last year. I think becasue we signed Amendola, T. Kelley, Leon Wahington, and Will Svitek (and several others no longer with the team) taht it will be a wash and we will get no comp picks. Hope I am wrong becaseu WW is certainly outplaying our entire FA class. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wendells actually been performing better as of late and given the players at C in the draft this year you might be looking at more of a long term project than someone who can step in right away. But there are some decent ones in the mid rounds that if given a couple years can take over the role nicely.

For me it goes:

DT/NT - Wilfork is in the last year of his contract and even if they extend him Kelly won't be around past 14', esp if his knees are starting to go. Armstead is still a huge question mark and we have no clue what he'll become so finding a long term solution to eventually replace Wilfork should be priority #1 and there are a couple fo good canidates that have to possibility to be around in the mid 20's to 40 rang

TE - To me this is the second priority on the list. Gronk is oft injured and we've seen the difference when we have a good TE vs when we don't so getting another good pass catching TE that can block to me is #2

G - Connolly is just about done and Cannon is better suited as a emergency RT if Vollmers injures continue. mankins contract is coming up too so we might have a need to double down on G's. Now I hope they get a RG this year in the mid rounds and target a LG next year in day 1/2 but you never know with BB

SS - Gregory is a decent one, the Wilson's need to be shown the door, and Harmon looks like a great nickel and dime option or possible swing CB but they need a true starting caliber SS. Preferable a larger one SS/LB hybrid that can flex in and out with Harmon and cover TE's

CB - Ryan looks good that has talent to develop into a starting CB (good call MB), Dennard is a good #2 the question is if Talib sticks around. If he does then I would just add some vet help (not named Cole) and see if you can get out from under Arringtons contract. If Talib can't be resigned it looks like the what 5th year in a row they need to grab a CB?

WR - Now some might call me crazy but there is a reason we haven't seen Boyce yet and I have a hard time believing it's because of a hammy or that the Pats are saving him to be a secret weapon in the playoffs. I think they are disappointed with his performance so far. Dobson hopefully continues to develop, Edelman is a good option but not a starting caliber WR long term, Amendola......................., Thompkins has disappeared, and the WRs they have on IR are unknowns. If they sign a vet this offseason no need to draft a WR otherwise I'd look to add a body with #2/3 potential at worst

QB - Mallets contract is coming up and we are starting to see Brady decline. It still might be a couple years away but if a good QB falls might be worth taking a look at them

RB - Blount and Bolden are kind of just JAGs at this point and it seems like BB doesn't trust Ridley at all. Vereen is oft injured (seems to be a pattern with Pats players) so who knows what this RB core will look like a couple years down the road. Might be good to look for a developmental RB in the mid to late rounds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Depending on who we signed last year. I think becasue we signed Amendola, T. Kelley, Leon Wahington, and Will Svitek (and several others no longer with the team) taht it will be a wash and we will get no comp picks. Hope I am wrong becaseu WW is certainly outplaying our entire FA class. 

[/QUOTE]

It's completely dependant on contract signed, value of the player signed, and what they gave during the year. Don't forget we lost Woodhead too so since Svitek and Washington have given basically nothing and cost nothing they might not even be considered as washes. Woodhead and Kelly might wash each other out so it comes down to Amendola and Welker. Because their contracts are similar it might make it a wash however, since Welker was a probowler and still is performing like a probowl and Amendola well hasn't we might end up getting something for Welker afterall, but it's up in the air.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

How about the Pats draft some fans that know an iota about football?

[/QUOTE]

Why bother coming here then tool? You are useless here....so please just go back down to the basement, and continue your uselessness on your own. Miserable pr!ck...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

DT/DE, OL, CB (if Talib not being re-signed and another "shut-down CB not picked up in free agency), DBs, OLB, TE.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]

So, who's a dick here?

[/QUOTE]

Still you d-o-u-c-h-e....have you kicked you dog yet this morning in all of your glorious misery?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Hey 1966....

F U C K YOU!!

Sections
Shortcuts