Biggest Needs To Address In 2014 Draft

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Biggest Needs To Address In 2014 Draft

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As it stands, both lines could use a good boost of talent and depth.  A big interior DL to take the torch from Wilfork eventually, and O line could use some help too.  Other than that, maybe a hard hitting SS with solid defensive run/pass skills. 

Like you're an expert on that?

[/QUOTE]

No more or less of an expert than the hundreds of other people on this forum to talk and speculate football.  Is that not why you're here?  Or are you just here to troll?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No more or less of an expert than the hundreds of other people on this forum to talk and speculate football.  Is that not why you're here?  Or are you just here to troll?

[/QUOTE]

There'a a point to speculating?

[/QUOTE]

Indeed, for what is speculation but opinion?  And what is 99% of all posts here, but opinion?  It seems you have close to 5,000 posts, so I'm guessing you never cease giving your opinions.  Granted though, that's just me speculating... 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

fat guys on both sides, big TE that can block, db/saftey

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Where is the room for speculation in being a football fan?  It's not like one's opinion matters to the team.

Did you pick my name out of a hat this morning as someone to mess with?  How is anyone elses post here any different from mine?  In fact, why the hell am I even feeding you?  I was wondering how you have so many posts, now I know.  Shoo fly.  Go seek life elsewhere. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rame-

what you want to do is admirable, but the Pats simply do not have the cap space.

if Vince is cut, the dead money hit is $3.6, but the cap savings is $8m.

it is flipped for Mankins, dead money is $8m, but savings is only $2.5

I would have concerns extending them both 3-4 years out into their 34 and 35 years of age.

Talib, McCourty and SPikes numbers presented are really meaningless, what is the guarantee for each player?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info on Vince. If he was going to be on PUP and the team saved 8m in cutting him then it would make sense for some sort of restructure, even if only for 2-3 years, where he made less than the 3.6 we'd pay him if he were cut in '14 but recouped some of the 8m he was hoping to have in '15 and maybe 2016. This is obv all health dependent.

Mankins will be an effective player until 34-36 in my mind. It obv makes no sense to cut him, but if her were tp sacrifice 1-2 million guaranteed money in the next 2-3 years, to sign a team friend;ier deal (knowing we want a player like Mack to put beside him at C) and make the same in he long-run, perhaps he would do that.

I would say 5/50 on a 100% healthy dominant Talib but only 20 million guaranteed, or 15m guaranteed with games played and conduct incentives that could push the overall guaranteeed $ to 30m if he is a boy scout playing 14+ games a season.

Same deal with Spikes at 6/26 perhaps with 9m guaranteed that could double to 18 if he isn't tweeting swear words or jokes about blowing lines and/or missing big chunks of seasons with injuries.

DMC deserves the largest % of his deal guaranteed 6/36 with 22m or so signing bonus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Where is the room for speculation in being a football fan?  It's not like one's opinion matters to the team.

[/QUOTE]

Did you pick my name out of a hat this morning as someone to mess with?  How is anyone elses post here any different from mine?  In fact, why the hell am I even feeding you?  I was wondering how you have so many posts, now I know.  Shoo fly.  Go seek life elsewhere. 

[/QUOTE]

Look at this thread and all the others.

He is doing this to everyone. In fact, you saved him. I think a few went without reponses, and he started typing responses in bold face, likely because he is soooo incredibly desperate for a response. 

Just .... click ... ignore. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Projected Potential Positions of need/depth: DT, OG/C, TE, CB, SS, ILB, QB

Potential Top 100 Overall Players that I like at each Position:

DT:  Ego Ferguson LSU, Timmy Jernigan FSU, Kelcy Quarles South Carolina, Danny Shelton UW, Ra'Shede Hageman Minn, Dan McCullers (PE's boy), Da'Quan Jones PSU

OG/C: Zack Martin ND, David Yankey Stanford, Gabe Jackson MSU, Anthony Steen Alabama, Xavier Su'a-filo UCLA

TE:  Jace Amaro TTU, CJ Fiedorowicz Iowa, Arthur Lynch Georgia,

CB: Bradley Roby OSU, Darqueze Dennard Mich ST, EJ Gaines Mizzou, Wayne Lyons Stanford

SS:  Antone Exum VT (also a CB), Craig Loston LSU, Jordan Richards Stanford

ILB:  AJ Johnson Tenn, Max Bullough Mich St, Chris Borland Wisc, Shayne Skov Stanford

QB:  AJ McCarron Alabama, Aaron Murray Georgia, Derek Carr Fresno State, Tajh Boyd Clemson

[/QUOTE]

Would it make sense to draft a DT with the first name of Ego?..Bad form

[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone name his kid Ego? Real or nickname.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Safety,  Linebacker that can cover,   a TE to replace some of what Hernandez did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A couple of UNDER THE RADAR QBs

Mannion, Oregon State: 6'5", 69% Comp rate, 30 TDs to 1 INT (this kid may be a 1st rnd surprise). I have my DVR set for their game tonight.

Petty, Baylor: 6'3", 69% Comp rate, 18 TDs, 1 INT

[/QUOTE]

I don't normally respond to my own post. I just had to, given Mannions 3 INT game. USC teed off on him. I would still check on him... see whether he can bounce back from this.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts