Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

There is something wrong with the NFL when I have to turn to the Nascar Race in 10 minute intervals just so I don't throw something at my TV.

Let me give full disclosure- I did not bet on the Jets / Chargers game..DID NOT.

I've never seen a worse officiated game in my life and the Refs obviously have the word straight from Goodell. " The Jets are Going to the playoffs and I don't care how we get them there". Phantom flags on the Chargers that require a degree in advanced Trigonometry to calculate and defensive backs for the Jets that Hold on "EVERY" Single play yet they have only been flagged twice for it all game.

What a Joke..That is all..Thank god the late games are here. I think I'm through watching Jets games this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

The Jets are the new Colts.....absolutely horrible.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The biggest disgrace I saw in that game was Rivers throwing the ball away on 4th and 3 with 3 ticks on the clock.

Was it consequential? Probably not.

But it is the perfect example of why this team routinely hands wins to their opponents. Poorly coached and undisciplined players. 

Just laughable.

Oh, and yeah. The Jets interfere on every play ... it's called the scattergun approach ... they know the refs won't throw a flag every single time. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

As T-Cal said it was similar to watching the Colts during their undefeated 14-0 romp 2 years ago and I thought even worse today.
    How can you call PI on one team when it doesn't happen and then on the flip side let Revis and Cromartie Hold, Chuck and interfere with maybe one or two flags on them all day. And make no mistake about it, Cromartie's whole game revolves around his ability to hold and interfere with little repercussion.

I honestly very rarely call out officials because calls go both ways over the course of the season but this was a joke.
    And how about the announcers showing Revis' Blatant interference last week on Marshall when he returned the int for a td..There take- "It was a Good call"
    Unbelievable crap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time:
    The biggest disgrace I saw in that game was Rivers throwing the ball away on 4th and 3 with 3 ticks on the clock. Was it consequential? Probably not. But it is the perfect example of why this team routinely hands wins to their opponents. Poorly coached and undisciplined players.  Just laughable. Oh, and yeah. The Jets interfere on every play ... it's called the scattergun approach ... they know the refs won't throw a flag every single time. 
    Posted by zbellino

I don't think the Chargers are going far for that reason.

Tough game for me watch today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

sancheeze did not run for that first down he was at least a foot short and the side judge had it right but he was overruled by the referee who came running in and signaled first down F'in BS

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

you could see it going that way in the first half, the jets were going to win this game one way or another. it was patriots at colts 2006 all over again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The Jets go to Buffalo next week. I'm interested to see if this continues when they go out on the road. Then Of course the week after that we have to play in Jersey. That should be an interesting game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

The Jets go to Buffalo next week. I'm interested to see if this continues when they go out on the road. Then Of course the week after that we have to play in Jersey. That should be an interesting game.
    Posted by Rerun85

YOu can bet we see the same crap when we go down to NY.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time : I think this is the one gift NY gets in this area this year.  They're barely winning must win games, so it's a good sign in the end. Anyone watching this game cannot walk away saying NY deserved to win it.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

You're probably right.. I think Buffalo will take the run approach next week with Fred Jackson. They have enough of a threat with their passing game to keep the Jets "Run Stoppers" off balance. Buffalo should win that game at home. They certainly have looked to be the better team this year so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

I thought the worst were the defensive line penalties where TV clearly showed Jets' offensive linemen moving first.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

It was Philip Rivers doing his Tony Romo impersonation (or is it Tony Romo who does Philip Rivers?) that cost SD the game not the Refs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

It was Philip Rivers doing his Tony Romo impersonation (or is it Tony Romo who does Philip Rivers?) that cost SD the game not the Refs.
    Posted by Patsman3

My rule--never put yourself in the position that will allow the refs to affect the game's outcome. In that regard you're correct. But Rivers and the coaching staff sucking still doesn't excuse the officiating and vise versa.

On a good note the Chargers pick up their second loss and the officiating looked so bogus it will be hard for the NFL to pull a repeat when we go down to the Meadowlands.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time : My rule--never put yourself in the position that will allow the refs to affect the game's outcome. In that regard you're correct. But Rivers and the coaching staff sucking still doesn't excuse the officiating and vise versa.
    Posted by Evil2012

Agree but my point is if there were zero penalties on the Chargers they still would have lost this game.  Its who and what they are.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

At least we don' have to worry about the Chargers being for real.  They have not idea how to win a ball game against even mid-level teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Glad ya started this rerun, b/c I was gonna myself...yes, After ALSO simply turning the game off, while laughing.  And tcal nailed it as well...  Indy's in shambles...too much so.  League realized that Indy's Owner lost much of his power sway, and Peyton's league every-commercial-good-guy-coverboy (the image "We want to sell", so let's completely alter the way The NFL is played, while p!mping the Colts towards the playoffs by just sliiiightly altering every single penalty count in The Colts favor, for every...single...game)-THESE aspects are now coupled with the worrisome potential RE: Peyton's injury & his future NFL career, and subsequently Manning's playoff busts, become a bigger detriment...

Buuut, We got ourselves 1 Team from THE Biggest city & just an ENORMOUS market + A Coach who's words and actions are just a Media's Dream + A young QB who, even though he doesn't play quarterback very good, he HAS graced the cover of GQ magazine + A Team that your's trully (Mr. Roger Goodell) was once employed by...(+ mayyyybe, a team who's divisional success would sorta hinder other, perhaps-less like by the League's FO head honcho, b/c they're divisional teams and huge rivals) + They even offer a bit more of what traditional NFL Fans enjoy seeing played moreso (that is to say, A hard-charging defensive system as oppossed to Boring or downright mediocre style of football Defensive play, that gets superceded by a Big point scoring Offense)...
    ...Hmmm, well now- this might be something that we can work with. 

It'd be 1 he!!ofa headline, IF Rex came through with that guarentee of a SB Championship for the Jets, in an interesting parrallel to the way ole Crazy Joe Namath did for NY, when the League just started coming into it's own, 4 decades back...  Wouldn't it now?

Yup...It appears that The NFL is gonna hopefully do anything they can in order to help the Jets outta this minor little slump they've recently had (Whether the actual NY Jets Team, Players or Coaches will do the same...well, this part of Goodell NFL-success, is pretty minor and getting towards being entirely unneccesary & incidental, to the "Larger GamePlan").        

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time : How about the intentional ground not called right after that? They were about to call it and you could see Sanchez pointing to try to sell the idea he had a target in play. lol The guy was caught in the pocket and no one was in 20 yards of that ball. All I could think of was a Polian Special with non calls on Indy and the PI calls to help the Jets on 3rd downs. Regardless of Phat Rex whipping in here as "Patsman3" defending it by deflecting to CHargers pathetic Norv Turner inevitability, it doesn't change the fact the Jets had no penalties in the 2nd half and SD had about about 5 bogus ones.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

WHAT?!? There was More???!!! 

Sheez, I just turned it off after the insane 3rd-1st down PI call on San Diego's CB...<See, it's pretty sad, when even from a tv screen at home, and in real-time, You start laughing about a PI call where the covering CB played just TEXTBOOK coverage...and I don't mean "textbook" pass-coverage of 10 years ago, I mean textbook "not even 1 single hair of the defender even touching NY's receiver"- THIS type of pass-coverage />  

I laughed for several minutes...Until Sanchez's 3rd down and 1 yard, slide to get the first.  No review available apparently (No chance to even challenge the spot, according to announcers, As the 1st down markers were moved immediately, Once the side judge, ran up and with ZERO hesitation, gave NY a 1st down).  <Actually, pretty hilariously perfect replay shot angle which showed not simply Sanchez's knee down on 1 side, thigh down on the other, and the football, right there and directly & fully visible length-wise towards the slowmo-Stop camera...A foot and a half before the very start of 1st down line />

~Oh!  But you guys are sayin' there was plenty more...?  B/c I heated up a slice of pizza, and turned the game on for all of 5 minutes, prior to apparently just this small portion of comedy.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

I've never seen a worse officiated game in my life and the Refs obviously have the word straight from Goodell. " The Jets are Going to the playoffs and I don't care how we get them there".

could be true. NY has a much larger tv market. the nfl has changed the rules for their own beneifit....money

its all about the money.........moneyball

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't believe in getting caught up in officiating in most instances, and I'm not prepared to say this is some grand conspiracy to get the Jets to the playoffs, but: that was a horribly officiated game. I remember the Jets scoring at one point and Nantz was like, "what a great drive by the Jets" and it was all PI calls and cheapskate penalties. The Chargers are horrible at closing games out and it was great to see whiny Rivers yipping after throwing the ball away on the last play of the game (WTFF?) but still, the Jets didn't deserve that one. It was hard to watch.

Sections
Shortcuts