Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time:
    Are you kidding, Panties? NE is flagged constantly for illegal contact and PI. Leigh Bodden had to absolute phantom PIs in the SD game extending drives.  Sergio Brown got flagged for a suppsoed faceguard on Gates in the same game.  Jammer was called on a play on Holmes where he didnt' turn, but he made no contact with Holmes, so it's a dead play. Nothing. But, wait!  Here comes the yellow flag! NE plays mostly zone anyway, but even still NE is flagged a boatload for barely even doing anything. Meanwhile the Jets' Revis and Cromartie play a lot of man and clutch and grab constantly. Cason, Jammer, etc, were called all game long to the point it became laughable. Did you watch that game, big mouth? Even ESPN's Greenberg was on this morning completely embarrassed how the game was officated. He called out Goodell saying that the fans don't want this. The fact Sanchez slid late and dove for a 1st with under 2 minutes to go and they quickly spotted it poorly (in favor of NY) and didn't review the spot, proves something was up. The spot was iffy, the call was borderline, but the head ref just quickly signals 1st down. Everyone was just stunned.  It's beyond uncomfortable. Meanwhile, ol' Rogie is over in London selling his sport for offense and parity. Hmmmmm. Turner didn't challenge and I think it's because he was told he didn't need to with under 2 minutes. But, where is the review from the booth??!! Why do rules get altered for certain teams during games?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

The crying is beyond pathetic.  Every week the NFL is filled with bad calls, non calls that should have been called, questionable calls that should have been non calls and a few good calls.  Every week we benefit from the invisible bubble protecting Tom Brady, while other QBs get hit in the head with no call.  This sort of blubbering is why fans all around the country hate us.  Get over it.  Notice how this huge conspiracy is only being mentioned here and by the guy who got flagged... only two times from what I saw.  Somehow your crazy conspiracy involves every media outlet in the country along with the entire officiating union.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If its close, its usually reviewed and the coach can ask for a spot to be reviewed if its consdired close enough as well.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

If that's the case can't any team stop the clock during a time crunch by asking for a measurement and basically get a free time out?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

if you look at it that way, yeah, but it has to be a close enough spot to warrant a measurement....anything over a half foot would probably be denied.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

B.B. is a master at it.  He hasnt done it lately, but he has asked for measurements a lot. It lets you get your playcall ready in case you want to go for it..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Will you write a letter to Goodell complaining about them running up the score? Or do Payton and Brees make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

Would you please stop acting like a whiny baby along with the others complaining about the same thing. 

1.  Your team resides in one of the largest markets in the country and thus the media reside there as well. 
    2.  Your team was the most successful team of the last decade which creates interest. 
    3.  Your team has a lightning rod for a coach who used to treat the media poorly. 
    4.  Your lightning rod coach was caught with his hand in the cookie jar after being warned, probably multiple times. 
    5.  And subsequently took a dominant team and ran the score up on many teams the following season including taking the starting QB in a thrashing only to put him back in when the score was still out of reach.  

Some of you guys are so stinking insecure (and Russ you are at the head of the class) that it is incredible. 

You love the fruits of your big city (e.g. an owner who doesn't need a municipality to pay for stadiums, a huge population so there's never a worry about filling seats, baseball and basketball teams who will spend to win, etc.), and yet you can't handle the little bit of attention that comes with the territory.  Get a backbone.  You root for a team that requires one.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

King

You are so right on the Refs
    When you have even Phil Simms questioning calls
     you know its bad-
    The blown Offsides/ the PI's / the 1st down call by the wrong official
    and the non grounding call - just horrible

At the same time I thought Rivers looked putrid
    And I did not understand the routes they were running

In the end  i thought both teams to be SB frauds

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a5db634c2-4bd9-467e-9e3f-8ad004dbf924

Has anyone said, "Fire Goodell" ?   lol

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Cripes Russ - please don't challenge me on the population question.  We've been through this so many times and you have been slapped each and every time, but I guess we'll have to do it again. 

The population market for the pats is approximately 1.5 times larger than the population market for the lions. 

For the purposes of fan draw, using CSA statistics, Boston is 5th (4th in the NFL) behind only NY, Chicago, DC, LA (not an NFL market). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Combined_Statistical_Areas

With size comes attention whether you like it, want it, or not.  consider your teams like celebrities with Paparrazi following your every move. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It was 100% clear that was going on. I was at my in-laws (who already think I'm insane) and every time a Bolt got called for jumping I screamed at the TV for the Jet Lineman pulling him off. Then, all Homles has to do apprently is throw up his arm every time he misses a ball and the refs will ablige.
    Cromartie and Wilson are ridiculous with how much they get away with holding jerseys and Plax does a great job of pushing off but the cat's meow was that bogus first down run............how does the official on the back side of the play over-rule the side judge (who's sole function is to mark the spot) on the right side of the ball three yards away?

Rivers is over-rated and Turner is a joke, really.......why didn't he challenge that spot?

Anyway, the Jets have already dropped three so maybe this was better that they hand the Bolts with another one? The last thing the Pats need is to fly to SD for a play-off game.

If we can get some help from Buffalo this week than when we get down to that cesspool we can knock them out of the race alltogether with back to back division losses.

JETS BLOW

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

It was 100% clear that was going on. I was at my in-laws (who already think I'm insane) and every time a Bolt got called for jumping I screamed at the TV for the Jet Lineman pulling him off. Then, all Homles has to do apprently is throw up his arm every time he misses a ball and the refs will ablige. Cromartie and Wilson are ridiculous with how much they get away with holding jerseys and Plax does a great job of pushing off but the cat's meow was that bogus first down run............how does the official on the back side of the play over-rule the side judge (who's sole function is to mark the spot) on the right side of the ball three yards away? Rivers is over-rated and Turner is a joke, really.......why didn't he challenge that spot? Anyway, the Jets have already dropped three so maybe this was better that they hand the Bolts with another one? The last thing the Pats need is to fly to SD for a play-off game. If we can get some help from Buffalo this week than when we get down to that cesspool we can knock them out of the race alltogether with back to back division losses. JETS BLOW
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Be prepared for more lousy officiating when we go to NY.  I could not believe what I was watching yesterday.  Every single Jet score was gift wrapped by the officials.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The Lions? The Lions have been arguably the worst franchise in the NFL. FAIL! Michigan, almost 10 million.  Take out half of Connecticut west of Hartford, and NE is about 12-13 million.  It's not much different and this doesn't even count older Lions fans in northern Indiana or Ohio. Boston is a top rate sports town and has been for over 100 years, dumbo. That's why it's like that.  FIrst successfull MLB franchise, first successful NHL American franchise and Auerbach basically built the NBA here out of this market. New England isn't this mass populace.  SF/SJ has more people in Northern Cali than NE does, for example. It has nothing to do with population density, etc, it has to do with the passionate fan support for pro sports. Atlanta/Georgia, Dallas, Houston, etc, are much marger populations, Einstein. They're also AWFUL sports towns.  That list you have combines population and franchise support. LA blows, but they clearly pull from a larger population.  NY is a strong market for fan support and has the population. So, NY is the leader and always will be. Philly is like Boston, but there is likely less to pull from even based on density based on the proximity of Philly to NY. Chicago is huge and has good fans. Get it? YOU are the one who has been slapped on this topic.  You act like Boston and NE is over-populated and by population alone puts them in the top category, and it isn't. Boston is the best sports town on the planet, not just int he country. It's somewhat isolated, pulling from a region, yes, but the longstanding tradition of the franchises, espeially Sox, B's and Celts allow for an entrenched base to take shape over decades. Top 5 sports towns: Boston NY Philly Chicago Detroit Boston is a boon for the media due to demand of the fanbases' support, not just population totals. You live in a mickey mouse market, so you don't get this concept.

I had you pegged as a deflector but you've proven that you are just a dum bass.  Stay on topic, Russ. 

Here are your comments:

"Boston isn't a bigger market than NY or Philly or even Detroit."

This is what I responded to.  I wasn't responding to a topic about "best sports" towns that didn't exist at the time. 

Oh - and your SJ/SF comment above is also wrong based on the CSA info that I provided and that you obviously didn't look.  SJ/SF ranked 6th.  Boston 5th. 

And one last thing - SJ/SF/Oak - split fan bases due to 2 franchises whereas the Boston area only has one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Look on the bright side guys. The officiating was so bad and looked so fishy that they'll have a hard time reproducing it without attracting attention when we play the Jets in two weeks .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Officiating sucked but that didn't make the Chargers drop a donut on offense in the 2nd half and run one of the most laughable 2 minute drills I have ever seen. At least I got to see QB throw the ball away on 4th down. That was a first.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Officiating sucked but that didn't make the Chargers drop a donut on offense in the 2nd half and run one of the most laughable 2 minute drills I have ever seen. At least I got to see QB throw the ball away on 4th down. That was a first.
    Posted by tompenny

They ran a 2 minute drill? First time Ive ever seen a QB who was behind throw the ball out of bounds as the last play. One would almost think the Chargers were competing against the Fins and Colts for that 1st draft pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

UD, I don't what's a bigger disgrace the poorly reffed game or the way the Colts are tanking. I was waiting for some old timer to yap about the Bears crushing some team 72-0 when the Saints were up 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.

As previously stated, Rivers and Turner had the chance to beat the Jets, they didn't. It's as much their fault as the refs. Explain to me again how a team can drive 60+ yards in two minutes by throwing screens and short routes (some to Revis' side of the field). The Chargers had an opportunity to win this game and they didn't. Which is why teams like the Patriots and Ravens are much better than them; because both seem to know how to close out games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

UD, I don't what's a bigger disgrace the poorly reffed game or the way the Colts are tanking. I was waiting for some old timer to yap about the Bears crushing some team 72-0 when the Saints were up 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. As previously stated, Rivers and Turner had the chance to beat the Jets, they didn't. It's as much their fault as the refs. Explain to me again how a team can drive 60+ yards in two minutes by throwing screens and short routes (some to Revis' side of the field). The Chargers had an opportunity to win this game and they didn't. Which is why teams like the Patriots and Ravens are much better than them; because both seem to know how to close out games.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Even worse was short routes to the middle of the field to keep the clock running. It almost looked as if they just wanted the game to end so they could get out of town.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It was the most poorly run 2 minute drill I've ever seen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It was the most poorly run 2 minute drill I've ever seen.
    Posted by shenanigan

They wasted over 30 seconds to run one play then ran multiple 3 yard passes to the middle of the field giving them no chance to get out of bounds. Who has a 2 minute drill involving no out patterns when you have not timeouts ??? If your going to throw in  middle areas of the field you have to try to hit a big gain then spike the ball. It was absolutely atrocious. I believe they ran 5 plays total including the " oh it's fourth down. My bad I gave us zero chance at all " play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time : The YETS will lose in Buffalo.  Why we should care which one loses should be meaningless to a PATS FAN but I think we all really dislike the YETS more.
    Posted by Dessalines

I'm a Buffalo fan next week Des. Let's see what the refs have to say about it.

Sections
Shortcuts