Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time

Just saw the half-time show on Fox and no mention of the penalties which aided the Jets win.  Made it all look like good plays all around!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time:
    [QUOTE]Just saw the half-time show on Fox and no mention of the penalties which aided the Jets win.  Made it all look like good plays all around!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah- pretty solid football game by a gritty Jets team.Wink
    I won't be tuning into NFL Radio for a few days because they'll be buffing the Jets rep too.  I don't want to beat the proverbial dead horse but not just the penalties on the stat sheet but the lack of calls was hideous. I wouldn't expect any less from the media.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

All this BS evens out by the end of the year...the Jets D came to play, or what passes for them being there to play....just a classic choke by SD in the 4th Qtr, and the last drive by SD, when they wasted so much time calling plays at the line, and then when Rivers didn't know what down it was...LMFAO...Brady would never do that....that's why Rivers and the Bolts have never won anything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe in getting caught up in officiating in most instances, and I'm not prepared to say this is some grand conspiracy to get the Jets to the playoffs, but: that was a horribly officiated game. I remember the Jets scoring at one point andNantz was like, "what a great drive by the Jets"and it was all PI calls and cheapskate penalties. The Chargers are horrible at closing games out and it was great to see whiny Rivers yipping after throwing the ball away on the last play of the game (WTFF?) but still, the Jets didn't deserve that one. It was hard to watch.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I was all over that quote also BTS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The biggest disgrace I saw in that game was Rivers throwing the ball away on 4th and 3 with 3 ticks on the clock. Was it consequential? Probably not. But it is the perfect example of why this team routinely hands wins to their opponents. Poorly coached and undisciplined players.  Just laughable. Oh, and yeah. The Jets interfere on every play ... it's called the scattergun approach ... they know the refs won't throw a flag every single time. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    Everything you've said is exactly what I've believed for years about SD. First half 4 neutral zone infractions by their DLine alone. Not sure if they lose once to the Pats in the last 3 years if not for their undisciplined bone head mistakes and penalties. BB would never tolerate that type of unruly play. Norv is another Tito. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]sancheeze did not run for that first down he was at least a foot short and the side judge had it right but he was overruled by the referee who came running in and signaled first down F'in BS
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE
    I sense a tremor of trepidness in those remarks. I don't think you want to face the Jets or the Ravens come playoff time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

The refs were a damn joke in this game.  They should be suspended.  This crap has got to stop!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I've been saying it since the Steelers got Bettis his Superbowl. The NFL has gone NBA as far as officiating is concerned. They vote on an agenda in the offseason, determine which teams are losing fans and make them win games to bring the fans back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

As bad as the refs were, some of the blame (actually most of it) should be pinned on Norv Turner and Rivers. The last two quarters of playcalling were atrocious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]As bad as the refs were, some of the blame (actually most of it) should be pinned on Norv Turner and Rivers. The last two quarters of playcalling were atrocious.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    Very good point as the penalties are but one play.  The Chargers still had plenty of opportunities to win the game since it did not hinge on one penalty call.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

I don't believe I have ever posted about poor NFL officiating at least a half dozen calls against S.D. and a equal number of blatantly obvious non-calls against the Jets made watching this game almost impossible.I seldom yell at my TV(I found out long ago that my TV doesn't care what I think of the officiating of a game,or anything else for that matter)but the officiating in this game had me shouting an impressive string of explitives.It was so horrid that it should embarress the officials who should have donned the Jets green jerseys and league as a whole.I lasted until the fourth quarter started when I just couldn't watch it a second longer after three consecutive clear defensive holding calls against the N.Y. secondary were ignored like it would sinfull to even consider throwing a flag against the Jets.Pathic and that's being kind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Biggest NFL Disgrace I've seen in some time:
    [QUOTE]There is something wrong with the NFL when I have to turn to the Nascar Race in 10 minute intervals just so I don't throw something at my TV. Let me give full disclosure- I did not bet on the Jets / Chargers game..DID NOT. I've never seen a worse officiated game in my life and the Refs obviously have the word straight from Goodell. " The Jets are Going to the playoffs and I don't care how we get them there". Phantom flags on the Chargers that require a degree in advanced Trigonometry to calculate and defensive backs for the Jets that Hold on "EVERY" Single play yet they have only been flagged twice for it all game. What a Joke..That is all..Thank god the late games are here. I think I'm through watching Jets games this year.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

standard operating procedure for the jets (grabbing holding receivers where they are not allowed to ,etc). they did that against us too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Quentin Jammer agrees with everyone...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/24/chargers-jammer-says-refs-gave-jets-the-game/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The biggest disgrace I saw in that game was Rivers throwing the ball away on 4th and 3 with 3 ticks on the clock. Was it consequential? Probably not. But it is the perfect example of why this team routinely hands wins to their opponents. Poorly coached and undisciplined players.  Just laughable. Oh, and yeah. The Jets interfere on every play ... it's called the scattergun approach ... they know the refs won't throw a flag every single time. 
    Routinely employed by the pats. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Anyone that hasnt figured out that MR. Go-d ' Hell is some sort of evil dictator sent to ruin the NFL hasnt been payng attention.  I havent liked this guy since he was hired. (from the Jets organization I might add) so any bias towards the Jets and hatred for the Pats is to be expected. I get that, but on top of that, he is just a racist idiot.

How in the world did he screw up that postgame coaching tirade?!?!?  He had the perfect timing to slap their wrists and show all is fair, but he does NOTHING and makes it look like a double standard. Last year he was on a tear fining players left and right, and if 2 players got in a scuffle, surely they would be fined or maybe ejected too.

These 2 clown *ss coaches who were white behaved like children , chest bumping and running after each other swearing and acting like girls and he DID NOTHING /> and then next week goes on and fines Polomaulo 10 g's for using a cell phone to call his wife during a game cuz he was hurt?!?!?

This dude needs to be stoned!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I said the same thing

It was 4th down - put the ball into play at least

As for Rivers, I have to think that he was one of those players who got lazy during the lockout because he just looks... off... this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Some bad calls, I've always thought PI should be reviewable. In a game of inches a 50yard penalty with a new set of downs can be a deciding factor. It has in too many games. As long as it's not reviewable refs have the power to swing any game any time they want. Does anyone know what the rules are for measuring for a first down? I found it curious it wasn't done yesterday. Then I've seen it done for no reason. Remember in the 07 SB on the last drive when the ref stopped the clock to measure a ball 3 yards short? Never seen that before or since. Is there any rule or just when the ref feels like it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

If its close, its usually reviewed and the coach can ask for a spot to be reviewed if its consdired close enough as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'm pretty sure that Indianapolis topped that disgrace last night. That team is absolutely pathetic. Uttlerly embarrassing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Is it a coincidence that Tom Moore, the master bogus PI call recipient, is now a consultant for the Jest?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]The Jets go to Buffalo next week. I'm interested to see if this continues when they go out on the road. Then Of course the week after that we have to play in Jersey. That should be an interesting game.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

The YETS will lose in Buffalo.  Why we should care which one loses should be meaningless to a PATS FAN but I think we all really dislike the YETS more.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that Indianapolis topped that disgrace last night. That team is absolutely pathetic. Uttlerly embarrassing
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]
    The truth. 

I was going to leave it at that, but I can't.  Last night was utterly embarrassing.  I don't want to hear about the "pride" that the team has, because if they had any, they would have shown it. 

And I am not putting ANY of this on Painter.  He's a back up QB and frankly hasn't played all that badly. 
    *  You can't drop easy catches guys (I think 3 last night). 
    *  The oline started 3 UDFA's (saturday is one), a 2nd rd bust, and a 5th rdr they picked up who was out of football. 
    *  The defense was awful.  Terrible.  They couldn't tackle worth a damn.  Sure they are missing starters straight down the middle of their D (Foster, Brackett, Bullitt), and Sure the Saints have as many weapons as any team in the NFL, but for goodness sake, Stand up a bit. 
    *  And where was any inspiration from the coaches? 
    *  And what does Polian think of all of this? 

total disgrace by this team.  I blame defensive players first, coaching second, FO 3rd for the pisss poor oline and a defense that reeks. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts