Biggest Steal of The Draft...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Biggest Steal of The Draft...

Beanie Wells of Ohio State going to the Cardinals.  He's a better back than Moreno, faster, bigger, stronger.  The RB market was low this year in the draft, otherwise on a normal year, Wells would have went top 15.   Plus he's going to the Cardinals w ho now with Anton Boldin returning with have only 7 in the box.  Beannie Wells if he stays healthy for 16 games with rush for 1,200 yards and get themback into the playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Biggest Steal of The Draft...

definitely was a steal. the three first round backs though are very different in what they give a team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

If he gets injured he won't be a steal at all.

Like total evals, steals kind of need to wait. At first blush I would think the biggest steal of the draft is Maclin. He and Wells fell about the same distance from where they were projected to go, but he didn't fall for any injury concers. Only because the team that needed a wideout before him took DHB.

But in a few years we will see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Obviously it's impossible to know right now, but when I think about the injury concerns about Wells, I got to thinking about how he got injured. If I remember correctly there was no contact on the play. He essentially stubbed his toe and it cost him a season. Only time will tell, but I think at least part of the trepidation over Wells was because there is  concern in some quarters he might be a p*ssy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Three years from now, the Pats stole the 2nd round.  All 4 2nd round selections will turn out to be steals even the big German.  Come on, 6'8" tackle!  When he's protecting that left side forget about it.  Guys will need to run 5 yards the oposite way just to get around his wingspan.  This guy is mobile and has the foundation to be a really good player for us for a long time and who's better than NE at creating good OL/DL?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No way in hell taht he is better then Moreno, Wells has a insane injury history and he is hurt every other game. He slipped for a good reason. moreno wa sthe most pro ready back in the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

The Cardinals had intended to take Donald Brown but the Colts took him a few picks ahead. Wells had injury and 'guts' concerns that drove him down the board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Pats7393 has it right,the New England Patriots stole this draft and set themselves up to steal next years as well...These guys Chung,Brace,Butler,Vollmer,Tate,Ohrnberger and McIntyre will all bare fruit for the Patriots some will be effective this season but the others will follow in either yr 2 or 3...What a brilliant draft!

9. This post has been removed.