Biggest takeaway from Buffalo game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Biggest takeaway from Buffalo game.

Third-down defense 
    This week: 
    Tied-6th (opponents 4 of 13) 
    Last season: 22nd (82 of 205, 40.0 percent) 
    Jets in 2013: 12th (opponents 6 of 16) 

Hopefully they keep it going Thursday.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Biggest takeaway from Buffalo game.

We shall see in about 36 hours, won't we?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wish it was 36 minutes away... I need a life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Not sure what the gameplan on D will be against Smith, but I have to think we'll see some more pressure since they don't have to worry about containing a guy like Spiller.  Smith got sacked 5 times against the Bucs who weren't good at rushing the passer last season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Not sure what the gameplan on D will be against Smith, but I have to think we'll see some more pressure since they don't have to worry about containing a guy like Spiller.  Smith got sacked 5 times against the Bucs who weren't good at rushing the passer last season. 

I'm just hoping I see some consistant pressure from out D.  I like the third down stats, but now I want to see if we can get after the passer.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

There are some good things I saw and some not good things. The first 3 games against weaker O's is going to be extraly helpful imo but they need to find a way to get pressure on the QBs. This vanilla D isn't going to work and the lack of depth at DT is going to cause major issues if Kelly and Wilfork wear down. I see a lot of upside but they need to make some depth moves if they want to stay in the top 10

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Third-down defense 
    This week: 
    Tied-6th (opponents 4 of 13) 
    Last season: 22nd (82 of 205, 40.0 percent) 
    Jets in 2013: 12th (opponents 6 of 16) 

Hopefully they keep it going Thursday.  

If they can stay down in the 30% range this year we will be looking at a top ten D in most categories.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

There are some good things I saw and some not good things. The first 3 games against weaker O's is going to be extraly helpful imo but they need to find a way to get pressure on the QBs. This vanilla D isn't going to work and the lack of depth at DT is going to cause major issues if Kelly and Wilfork wear down. I see a lot of upside but they need to make some depth moves if they want to stay in the top 10

exactly what i was saying on my thread about being thin at DL. we dont have enough subs on the inside. We for sure should bring a mix of blitzes from guys like Hightower, Spikes, maybe Mayo and i think Arrington. He was doing a great job of getting his hands on the  ball last week maybe a blindside nickel blitz on Geno and he can force a fumble back there. just a thought

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Yea I think they may let some of the dogs loose. May see a J.Collins sightings for spying purposes as well. I predict a big game from Hightower and Jones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I the O had played at peak efficince we would  have won 35-7

The O has upside

The D has upside

The looks to be ahead of the O ffor the first time I can remember

It will be much  harder until we are fully loaded and on track

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

exactly what i was saying on my thread about being thin at DL. we dont have enough subs on the inside. We for sure should bring a mix of blitzes from guys like Hightower, Spikes, maybe Mayo and i think Arrington. He was doing a great job of getting his hands on the  ball last week maybe a blindside nickel blitz on Geno and he can force a fumble back there. just a thought

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've been saying this since predraft because I thought they should have gone DT early. once they released Love and Deadrick I knew we were in trouble because the depth just isn't there 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

If jones plays  some d tackle, he will have fewer sacks

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I continue to be frustrated by things that the Pats used to be brilliant at but seem to struggle with these days.

1.    Adjust to the flow of the game

2.    Perfect half time adjustments

3.    Play to your strengths

4.    Use your bench-rotate players

5.    Killer calls at the perfect time

6.    Wide open play book

Say what you will but Crennel and Weiss were pretty darn good co-coordinators. They had 1 thru 6 down PAT.

Now I’m just making a comment here so no worries……

Anyway…right now the strength of the PATS team is their O line, veteran RBs and veterans on D. The PATS simply must game plan to those strengths and go back to numbers 1 thru 6 and as LT used to say “let’s play like a bunch of junk yard dogs”

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts