Biggest Weakness(es) Going Forward?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Biggest Weakness(es) Going Forward?

At the beginning of the year, I recall a good handful of concerns going into the season and maybe even into the first half of the season.

- Bad/average offensive line
    - No pass rush
    - Too many rookies/youth on defense
    - No running game; injury concerns with Fred Taylor
    - Bad play-calling
    - Tough schedule

Now, we're clearly part of the elite group of teams this year even with our youth, injuries, and sometimes iffy play-calling.

What's the biggest concern moving forward?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Biggest Weakness(es) Going Forward?

Keeping everyone healthy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest Weakness(es) Going Forward?:
    Keeping everyone healthy.
    Posted by Tcal2

This is key, and probably the most important thing from here on out. We've already lost a lot to injuries this year, and we really can't afford to lose more, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Can you imagine if McCourty or Wilfork went down for the year?

I'd also say our RBs need to stay productive. A respectful running game adds an entire dynamic to an offense, and we've all seen what happens to teams without the balance that a running game brings (Indy certainly comes to mind). Plus, a big part of this team's offense is the play-action pass, and if there's no run game to respect, the play-action suffers as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Still need to apply pressure on the QB is one, and stop the WR's opposite of McCourty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Still need to apply pressure on the QB is one, and stop the WR's opposite of McCourty.
    Posted by maine12

I was really concerned about this two weeks ago but after the Jets game, I'm building much more faith in Arrington. He hasn't been talked about much, which is great but he's now making some plays for us too. As long as he can NOT screw it up, we're good. We have a shutdown guy on the other side!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'm not worried about the team.  It goes into every game thinking about its strengths and if they execute and play well, they will win games.  I don't think the team goes into a game thinking of weaknesses.  The fans need to be the same way, think of the good things this team does and not worry about the weaknesses as they are overcome.  Why do you even want to think of weaknesses and invite negative thoughts?

If there is a weakness, the happiness of the fans being maintained each week is the biggest.  Be happy they are 10 - 2, playing their hardest every week and there is a very good chance we will continue to enjoy this success.  I am a positive person day to day and some of you may pound me for being that way.  I do not worry about things I can't control and feel all will work out eventually.  Why even think negative thoughts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Biggest Weakness(es) Going Forward?:
    At the beginning of the year, I recall a good handful of concerns going into the season and maybe even into the first half of the season. - Bad/average offensive line - No pass rush - Too many rookies/youth on defense - No running game; injury concerns with Fred Taylor - Bad play-calling - Tough schedule Now, we're clearly part of the elite group of teams this year even with our youth, injuries, and sometimes iffy play-calling. What's the biggest concern moving forward?
    Posted by apdynasty23

Bad/average offensive line
    - /> I'd say the Pats are getting the most out of their linemen.  Having Mankins back really helps, especially after Neal went to I.R.

No pass rush
    - /> No argument here.  An elite pass rusher would take this defense to another level.  They do a good job of disguising coverages recently and they do a good job of moving the quarterback off of his spot with hurries and hits even when they don't get sacks, but there's nobody in pass rush that forces teams to alter protections and keep more players in max protect.  Hopefully the Raiders crash and burn or some team wants lots of draft picks in exchange for their elite pass rusher.

Too much youth
    - /> They have to get their experience somehow.  This is how.  Plus the more they play the better they'll get.  And they're FAST.  I view this entirely as a positive.

No running game
    - /> They don't have to run for 100-150 yards.  They just have to get 4+ yards per carry so teams have to respect when they do run or respect when they play-fake.

Bad play-calling
    - /> Could still rear its ugly head, but I was incredibly pleased by the preparation for the Jets yielding great results.  They caught us with surprise blitzes three times, but we shredded them otherwise.

Tough schedule
    - /> Yes.  The Bears and Packers won't be easy.  The Bills almost beat us in Week 3 and we have to go to Buffalo for the rematch.  We will also still need to beat the Dolphins in Week 17 because divisional record is one of the most important tiebreakers when it comes to home-field advnatage in the playoffs, assuming the Patriots earn the right to worry about such things (a reckless assumption with four entire games left in the season).

Health
    - /> Always a concern.  I do think the Patriots will do the best job of adjusting if this does become an even bigger concern, but I still worry about things like Chicago cold December rain on their re-sodded field.  Nothing they can do about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I also don't view Shayne Graham's kickoffs as a strength.  His hangtime was definitely better against the Jets, but I think Hester could take one to the house against Chicago.  Perhaps it's better to squip it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Biggest Weakness(es) Going Forward?:
    [QUOTE]At the beginning of the year, I recall a good handful of concerns going into the season and maybe even into the first half of the season. 

- Bad/average offensive line 
    I would rank this offensive line ahead of most but slightly behind the elite...., Cleveland, Minnesota, Atlanta and the Jets are the only O-Lines better or more consistent.... PLUS for us is that our line is healthy and Connoly is not a hindrance by any means....

- No pass rush 
    The stems, slants, audibles, schemes, and movement created enough confusion to create three interceptions last week.... BUT you are right TBC is average and Cunningham is a work in progress.

- Too many rookies/youth on defense 
    The young legs give us an advantage and they all have 12 games under there belts so the rotation, substitutes and schemes that take place keep a young fresh team.... fresher than most veteran teams.... i beleive this will work in our favor down the stretch.

- No running game; injury concerns with Fred Taylor 
    I am fine with 60 yards out of the law firm and 60 yards out of Woodhead... Taylors absence is not a negative it is a positive as he has been ready to play since thanksgiving and he has been practicing for three weeks.... he is getting his conditioning down for the playoff push... this is a win/win as well.

- Bad play-calling 

bad play calling gone good since the detroit game... hopefully the last two games were a sign of things to come.

- Tough schedule Now, we're clearly part of the elite group of teams this year even with our youth, injuries, and sometimes iffy play-calling. What's the biggest concern moving forward?

If the Pats and Jets both go 500 to end the year we still win the tiebreaker because we beat the Jets last week and the Ravens.... Who beat the Jets week one... So we have a firm grip on Home field @ the moment even if we go 500.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Keeping all healthy-- Assume seeing Jackson in there at the end of the Jets, means he is 100%, or close to it- I am very fearful re running back injuries to Law Firm and Woodhead, so let's see FJ in there to start Sunday, and, what about Morris? Seems he has been relegated to the special teams?? He should  be in that mix as well. So far,  scouting reports Bears have lots of speed at receiver. BB better have them ready for that. Patriot O was 150% vs Jets. Perhaps a flea flicker, or 2, would keep the Bears a bit  looser.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Weaknesses ... hmmmm

Not enough room in trophy cabinet for 4th Lombardi
    Duckboats need to be renovated
    Not enough time in Super Bowl for each player to score a TD
    Not enough time from February-April to prepare for draft
    32nd pick in 2011 draft is kinda low
    Parade route not planned yet
    Only six fingers will be left for rings

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Keeping all healthy-- Assume seeing Jackson in there at the end of the Jets, means he is 100%, or close to it- I am very fearful re running back injuries to Law Firm and Woodhead, so let's see FJ in there to start Sunday, and, what about Morris? Seems he has been relegated to the special teams?? He should  be in that mix as well. So far,  scouting reports Bears have lots of speed at receiver. BB better have them ready for that. Patriot O was 150% vs Jets. Perhaps a flea flicker, or 2, would keep the Bears a bit  looser.
    Posted by jaycee1m

Well keep dreaming man because Fred Jackson plays for the Bills and hes not being traded anytime this year. But yes it was nice seeing Fred Taylor but I still don't think he's going to become a huge factor in our offense until the last couple weeks he'll start to get 10-12 carries a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Weaknesses ... hmmmm Not enough room in trophy cabinet for 4th Lombardi Duckboats need to be renovated Not enough time in Super Bowl for each player to score a TD Not enough time from February-April to prepare for draft 32nd pick in 2011 draft is kinda low Parade route not planned yet Only six fingers will be left for rings
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Now these are some weaknesses to consider!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Weaknesses?  I eat too much junk.

Patriots weaknesses... 

Well, a couple of defensive linemen aren't practicing, and BB likes to use his linemen 5 or 7 deep if he can get them.  

They're a little thin at running back.  Benny and Woody are fine for now.

Their replacement for Gostkowski can't kick it out of the end zone.  He's a bit subpar.

They barely have a first guy, Tate, who can stretch the field, although in this kind of weather the long ball isn't that useful anyway.

The defense has been badly maligned by statistics.  The defense gave up three points and gathered in three interceptions on Monday, but that moved the defense from 32nd to 31st in somebody's statistics.  They're tied for 17th in points allowed but they're also tied for the AFC lead in interceptions.  However, a huge number of those yards and points were given up after the game was in the bag, playing prevent.  They might be a top ten defense and they're also on the rise with all those rookies.  Looking for a small weakness, they might be thin at cornerback. 

A hoodie is kind of inadequate in January.

Sections
Shortcuts