Bill being Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Bill being Bill

Well, I'll be. An honest answer from ud. 

It is refreshing, but as he is 1 for 632, I can't be all that impressed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Bill being Bill

bn34 - Not sure with the playoffs coming up why people are debating Colts decision about milestones.  Who cares?  It's a common practice and smart business since it creates goodwill between player/management and bonus incentives are peanuts compared to overall cap.  Players who are denied opportunities for milestones sometimes hold grudges that negatively impact future negotiations.  

I think Colts management took greater risk and was stupid for playing guys in snowy Buffalo.  If the milestones were that important, they should have kept them in game week before.  

Pats fans have to remember BB put Testaverde into late game blowout to reach milestone of TD pass in consecutive seasons.  I think its hypocritical to bash Colts when BB did same thing in year
    s past.    

You are missing the point. No one really cares if the Colts rest their starters for the playoffs or if they keep players in to achieve milestones. It is common as you state.

The point is they rested their starters when they had a chance to go undefeated. Then, after explaining they did it to keep players healthy towards the goal of winning the SB, they played them the next week in a blizzard to reach those milestones.

I actually think underdoggg's post on the possibilities of why they played them this past week is the most rational of explanations.

Sections
Shortcuts