Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator:
    @ Jimmy42jack0~are you two lovers?
    Posted by harleyroadking103

???? What does this have to do with anything????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : Bla Bla Bla  your a poor silly soul  Jimmy 4 Jack . I guess you and Ricky love gettin high together.
    Posted by hoyle

sure do...whats the problem with it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

root - Sorry buddy - I thought that had all been put to bed but then bubba throws it out.  I'll be happy to put that away. 

As for the colts strategy, I think it worked perfectly.  They got to the playoffs healthy and rested and won the first game (which is ultimately what the strategy proposed to do), and made it to the Superbowl.   

Finally, I am happy for you.  If a mental image of Manning losing in the Superbowl provides some cover for the wretched brain stain of Brady and the Pats debacle vs. the Ravens in Foxborough, then good for you.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : he got caught, he got fined, he got a draft pick docked...he cheated its like saying andy pettite only took HGH to recover from an injury...just like all the other guys who did it for that reason...it doesnt matter...they still cheated do i understand gamesmanship? absolutely...but what BB was doing was cheating...and im sure you can find a way to rationalize it or condone it to a way...but this die hard dolphins who can whole heartedly admit that Shula slanted the rules commitee for years will just as surely call out a cheater when i see one...fair enough?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Now I see the problem; Patriot jealosy.

As a "die hard dolphins" fan, you'll go to your grave denouncing the Pats because the team of the decade showed the fins to be an also-ran organization who've not even sniffed a super bowl in almost 40 years.

The "cheaters" business is nonsense and you know it but it provides a convenient excuse for all you haters. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Alfie the moron strikes again. The Dolphins were in the 1983 super bowl...let me see that's what 27 years ago not quite 40 but close right alfie?......moron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : Now I see the problem; Patriot jealosy.   As a "die hard dolphins" fan, you'll go to your grave denouncing the Pats because the team of the decade showed the fins to be an also-ran organization who've not even sniffed a super bowl in almost 40 years.   The "cheaters" business is nonsense and you know it but it provides a convenient excuse for all you haters. 
    Posted by unclealfie

give me a break...im not a bitter red sox fan hoping my team would win after almost 90 years and beat those f*ckin yanks

i root for my team irregardless of whether they are 1-15 like a couple years ago or whether they win the division like 2 years ago and everything in between (although i have a hard time rooting for A-holes like joey porter)

im not bitter, im not jealous as the phins are the thorn in the side of belichick and always have been...i take pride in that

great, the phins havent been to the superbowl since i was a year old...that doesnt change how i feel about my team and i just hope they get to win a superbowl someday in my lifetime...but jealous? good lord some pats fans are insecure about their winning, nevermind their losing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Alfie the moron strikes again. The Dolphins were in the 1983 super bowl...let me see that's what 27 years ago not quite 40 but close right alfie?......moron.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

too bad the score wasnt closer like in ace ventura...oh well...we will get em next decade

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm losing interest in predicting what BB does, and to whom, simply because if either Die go's Nor v Tur ner or the Je ts' Mike Tan nen baum spots me laughing, holding my head, rolling on the floor and pointing a finger at him, he might have second thoughts and he will not make the next trade.  And the same goes for the Redskins, Green Bay, Tennessee, Jacksonville and some 80 year old guy way out west.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Now that's funny.  Alfie calling out someone for being a "diehard" fan while calling his team's "cheating business" nonsense.  Who's the diehard fan?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

root - Sorry buddy - I thought that had all been put to bed but then bubba throws it out.  I'll be happy to put that away.  As for the colts strategy, I think it worked perfectly.  They got to the playoffs healthy and rested and won the first game (which is ultimately what the strategy proposed to do), and made it to the Superbowl.    Finally, I am happy for you.  If a mental image of Manning losing in the Superbowl provides some cover for the wretched brain stain of Brady and the Pats debacle vs. the Ravens in Foxborough, then good for you.  
    Posted by underdoggg

A bit revisionist there - Polian said they rested the starters in order to WIN the SB, not just get to it or simply win the first playoff game. It was in all the papers. Not sure why you misremember it so.  

I guess it is just one of those things you have to tell yourself when you root for an Indy team.

Oh, I see the problem - it is just you being you. In much the same way that you re-represented my thought from my previous post. It must be in the salesman's blood to just lie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root, I am sure you have saved the polian quote, so I won't doubt you, as I know you hang on his every last word.  And it doesn't surprise me that you would interpret his words absolutely literally, regardless of whether or not additional quotes of his demonstrated a different meaning.  Hey, he said it, right (as you say he did)?  

I understand your jealousy.  What did you have to look forward to other than trashing the team that has demonstrated nothing short of dominance over your team for the last 5 years?  Last year, your team only proved that proved that they were much less than the heavy favorites to win the Superbowl that the vast majority of pundits deemed them to be.  What a letdown. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogggg. Show underdogggg's posts

Root, I am sure you have saved the polian quote, so I won't doubt you, as I know you hang on his every last word.  And it doesn't surprise me that you would interpret his words absolutely literally, regardless of whether or not additional quotes of his demonstrated a different meaning.  Hey, he said it, right (as you say he did)?   I understand your jealousy.  What did you have to look forward to other than trashing the team that has demonstrated nothing short of dominance over your team for the last 5 years?  Last year, your team only proved that proved that they were much less than the heavy favorites to win the Superbowl that the vast majority of pundits deemed them to be.  What a letdown. 
    Posted by underdoggg

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You have a complete inferiority complex going here. Who cares about beating the Patriots? It's about winning championships. When the Patriots start beating us again( Which will happen) Are you going to start posting on a Houston board to tell them how much better we are than them? Most likely

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

4g - I thought we were posting on another thread.  Actually, I thought you'd accuse me of a superiority complex.  Anyway - I care about beating the patriots. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Why are Dolphin fans and Colts fans even here? Because they have Pats envy and are preoccupied with all things New England. Dolphins fans would love to be us, they celebrated a 10 win season two years ago like the won the Super Bowl. In NE a 10 win season last year was a down year. Colts didnt have the balls to go for 19-0 and used rest as an excuse. Peyton has Brady envy, like y'all got Pats envy. Oh yeah Dolphins fans.....you got the gayest fight song in Professional sports history!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator: BB has blown the last several drafts and allowed other teams in the division to come from way behind us, to even or better status. The entire NFL had Gholston ranked that high, and BB would have taken him at 7, had he been available. Other than that, it is very difficult to criticize Tannenbaum and his draft moves over the last four years. Meanwhile, BB keeps trading down for more mediocre bodies, passing on impact draftees, and merely getting the level of players he could easily get in free agency. And as for the "In Bill We Trust Crowd" and all those ridiculing non-believers with, "So you think you know more than BB, Huh?????".... keep drinking the kool aid. BB is better to trade picks for younger veterans with known talent, like he did with Welker. Many of his draft picks have been total busts for the position he picked them. This is another of those years in which we passed on great talent(last year Oher and Mathews were obvious choices at our slots, and we dealt them) to get extra picks. BB better make them count. The belief that BB is duping Parcells and Tannenbaum is a joke. Where were we when it came to trading up to get Shaun Greene last year? Better to stay with the dancing bear, I guess.
    I got this off www.profootballtalk.com .... Actually, we believe that Parcells was duped into taking Pat White in 2009 due to the widespread belief that Patriots coach Bill Belichick would select White with one of the umpteen second-round selections that New England had -- just as we believe Belichick's rope-a-dope in 2008 cajoled the Jets into taking Vernon Gholston at No. 6 overall, when Belichick actually coveted the far superior Jerod Mayo. And also dont forget when BB punked the Jets into trading 2 first rounders to move up to draft Dewayne Robertson at #4 who was a bust! Therfore, I believe all this Tim Tebow stuff is another smokescreen.......or is it?
    Posted by timsandra

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator: The Colts owe all their fans a rebate on tickets for Polian's "strategy" last year. They could have been one of these "America's Teams" going for once-in-a-lifetime glory. The bum robbed NFL fans the opportunity to experience a unique event, and gave fans who know these whining babies best a chance to get some redemption in an otherwise disappointing season. The sad part of it is how many NFL "experts" took Polian's side when this happened? Polian is a doooooche, and their fans should revolt. Poor l'il Peyton. Weenies.
    In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : Wow, still upset over the Colts "strategy" to win the SB, huh? You really should be mad at them, you know. The best part about this is now when you throw your petty tantrums, I picture Manning being blocked to his azz on his ultimate interception then sitting there pounding the ground with his fists. No wonder you like him.
    Posted by EnochRoot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

And yet in 2008, the Fins finished ahead of the Pats and in 2009, the Jets went deeper than the pats.  Maybe Bill was duping them for the future, and that is what I will always hope for, because I'd always rather have the certainty of a win today than the possibility of one tomorrow.  We can call it the "Wimpy theory".  I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
    Posted by underdoggg

Dog...I had the pleasure of visiting the Lucas Oil Dome to watch my team WV play Dook in the final four. 
    Great sight lines for football but there is a definite shortage of rest rooms.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Jax - What did you think of the venue for basketball? 

I am not a fan of stadiums for basketball, but apparently the architects tried to build it with an eye on making it decent for Bball. 

Would have liked to have seen WVU win.  I didn't used to like Huggins, but I am changing my tune a little, and not because of the oncourt lovefest he had with D Butler.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Why are Dolphin fans and Colts fans even here? Because they have Pats envy and are preoccupied with all things New England. Dolphins fans would love to be us, they celebrated a 10 win season two years ago like the won the Super Bowl. In NE a 10 win season last year was a down year. Colts didnt have the balls to go for 19-0 and used rest as an excuse. Peyton has Brady envy, like y'all got Pats envy. Oh yeah Dolphins fans.....you got the gayest fight song in Professional sports history!
    Posted by timsandra

Well im a dolphins fan and im here because i was relocated to massachusetts by being in a military family...not because of some inherent jealousy

and im a diehard...so i celebrate every win and mourn every loss...what of it? you got a problem with that?

the song was written in the 60's...oh golly...you made fun of our fight song...im goin to go cry now tough guy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : Well im a dolphins fan and im here because i was relocated to massachusetts by being in a military family...not because of some inherent jealousy and im a diehard...so i celebrate every win and mourn every loss...what of it? you got a problem with that? the song was written in the 60's...oh golly...you made fun of our fight song...im goin to go cry now tough guy
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Hey Mr Sensitive, its one thing to be a die hard fan  its another to be trolling on  this board! If your that interested, go to your hometown newspaper message boards and talk some good fish talk there. Ironically I am a die hard from Mass and military commitments have me living in Florida. Like you I still follow my home team religiously, unlike you I am not in the Florida newspaper chats trolling. And your fight song is still gay no matter how old it is  lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"Alfie the moron strikes again. The Dolphins were in the 1983 super bowl...let me see that's what 27 years ago not quite 40 but close right alfie?......moron.
    Posted by harleyroadking103"

I see you're still sniping behind my back, phonyroadking. The perfect style for a ignorant hick like you. FYI, the fins have not won a SB since 1973. 2010 - 1973 = 37 years. 37 years = "almost 40 years".

Of course, if you had the stones to post your address, we could meet and discuss your attitude problem personally when I visit NE this summer. But mano a mano probably isn't your style either, is it granny?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : Hey Mr Sensitive, its one thing to be a die hard fan  its another to be trolling on  this board! If your that interested, go to your hometown newspaper message boards and talk some good fish talk there. Ironically I am a die hard from Mass and military commitments have me living in Florida. Like you I still follow my home team religiously, unlike you I am not in the Florida newspaper chats trolling. And your fight song is still gay no matter how old it is  lol
    Posted by timsandra

trolling? what have i said that would be considered trolling? are you that obtuse?

ive said nothing that could be considered trolling...i disagreed with the notion that belichick manipulated parcells into taking pat white...which is a tremendous crock...

mr. sensitive? good grief, take a look in the mirror...pats fans are the most sensitive fanbase in the world

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

mr. sensitive? good grief, take a look in the mirror...pats fans are the most sensitive fanbase in the world
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Folks, we have a winner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belicheck: Master Draft Manipulator : Quoted for truth right here, folks. It's fear.  Jealousy. Anger their own organization, at varying degrees, is not on NE's level.
    Posted by russgriswold

whats the pats record against the dolphins in the last 20 meetings? because i believe its 10-10...what is there to be jealous of?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

James - here is the thing that I think I have learned about pats fans.  I fully understand that I could be wrong and that my theory doesn't apply to all, but only in general. 

If one is a pats fan, he/she is very possibly also a Red Sox fan.  Red Sox fans suffered longer than nearly any and every franchise in the history of major sports in the US without a championship.  So it can be understood that when a championship is won in boston they hold onto it like a child holds onto her stuffed bunny in a thunderstorm, even when it is evident that the storm has long passed. 

Sections
Shortcuts