Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Bill Belichick and Jim Brown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Bill Belichick and Jim Brown

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

By page 2 of the thread Jim Brown became an afterthought.

You're right and I am as guilty as anyone of derailing the thread.  Apologies to the OP and those interested in the original topic.

As I am

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

In response to Section136's comment:

Also, this TEAM (not Brady - the team)  has won 100 games more than it has lost under this staff. Again, don't take my word - look it up.

I looked it up. This team is .500 with BB and no Brady.

You can't really count the first year BB was the HC and GM in 2000. It wasn't "This" team yet. 

Oh really? Then are we going to remove the years he had Law, Bruschi, McGinist, Vinatieri, Faulk, Milloy, Johnson, Jones and Woody from BB's record of accomplishments in this as well?

Because that would be the objective thing to do based on your premise.

Who's on the team has nothing to do with it. It takes at least one year to make any team "yours". One year to put in the structure of how you want the team run, how you want everyone to play, how you want everyone to practice and how you want everyone to coach. One year to find out who "your guys" are and who isn't worth the air they breath. And that would be for a normal team not one that was left in the mess that Carrol left behind.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm not going to stop telling it like it is.

I have thoroughly discredited the criteria those articles used. Further, the articles were written by nobodys, with little stature in the field of punditry.

Their criteria were things like how many drafted players remained in the league. That is a joke. How many guys that you draft who may be able to hang on as a scrub on some terrible team is no real measure of what builds championship teams through the draft. Ridiculous. And other criteria was the av ratings of PFR. Another joke. As I pointed out those tools give Fetus Head an av of 235 and Brady a 177. You really want to hang your hat on idiocy like that? Other criteria were how many pro-bowls people made. A guy like Brandon Meriweather had 2 pro-bowl years and Ed Reed had 9 (and five 1st team all-pros). You really are going to try to tell us Ed Reed is only worth 4 Brandon Meriweathers??? Another joke.

If a team has not won a SB in the last 8 years despite having the best coach in the game and arguably the best QB, then the GM MUST be average. Point out the flaw in that. 

[QUOTE]

Well, I have no credentials in punditry, but I don't know how you can possibly argue that winning a SB is what defines a successful GM. It's almost entirely random. 

Look at the Giants. They're a mediocre NFL team and have been for a long time, look at their record. They just got hot and very, very lucky. If their GM is an ace, which he must be based on your criteria, how can that team be so bad now?

If they miss the playoffs this year, that will be four of the last five years. He should be fired. 

So Ozzie Newsome won two SBs a dozen years apart. Is he a great GM because his team got incredibly lucky last year? If the answer is yes, was he a lousy GM all those years in between?

Ted Thompson's Packers snuck into the playoffs as a wild card in 2010 and went on a roll. So that makes him a great GM? 

I could go on and on. The best a GM can do is give his coach the players that suit the style the team plays and then hope for the best. But the guys who do the best job don't always win championships. Winning year after year and having a chance is the very best you can ask for.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment to Babe Parilli:

Well, I have no credentials in punditry, but I don't know how you can possibly argue that winning a SB is what defines a successful GM. It's almost entirely random. 

Look at the Giants. They're a mediocre NFL team and have been for a long time, look at their record. They just got hot and very, very lucky. If their GM is an ace, which he must be based on your criteria, how can that team be so bad now?

If they miss the playoffs this year, that will be four of the last five years. He should be fired. 

So Ozzie Newsome won two SBs a dozen years apart. Is he a great GM because his team got incredibly lucky last year? If the answer is yes, was he a lousy GM all those years in between?

Ted Thompson's Packers snuck into the playoffs as a wild card in 2010 and went on a roll. So that makes him a great GM? 

I could go on and on. The best a GM can do is give his coach the players that suit the style the team plays and then hope for the best. But the guys who do the best job don't always win championships. Winning year after year and having a chance is the very best you can ask for.

Credence

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

All Weiss said is that BB and Pioli sent Rehbein to look at SIX QBs imbecile.

And what did you think BB went by to choose from the 6 QBs numbnuts? His intuition? You're a moron.

You lose, just like every other day for the last 3 years. LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

I figure you must have a pounding headache, by the time the day is coming to an end.  From your first post this morning to your most current posts this evening, it's just a constant flow of hostility and negativity.  That's a hard way to live. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.