Bill Belichick apologizes to Wes Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Bill Belichick apologizes to Wes Welker

ok so the article is written in jest, but I agree with it and it is funny as heck!!!!

http://www.sportspickle.com/2013/08/bill-belichick-apologizes-to-wes-welker-i-would-have-been-nicer-if-i-knew-he-was-such-a-sensitive-pussy

Bill Belichick Apologizes to Wes Welker: “I would have been nicer if I knew he was such a sensitive pussy”

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said today he wants to “sincerely apologize” if he did anything during Wes Welker’s six years with the team that hurt the receiver’s feelings. Welker expressed this week to Sports Illustrated that Belichick had been mean to him.

“I had no idea the little fella was such a delicate flower,” Belichick told reporters today. “If he was here right now, I’d pat him on top of his head and say: ‘I truly hope I didn’t hurt your feelings, chief.’ It’s just that I’m used to dealing with grown men. I’m not used to the fragile psyches of small boys. If his mom wants to call me so I can apologize for mistreating her special little guy, I will definitely do that.”

Belichick then called his team around and addressed them.

“Men, it turns out I hurt Wes Welker’s feelings when he was here,” he said. “Do you remember him? The tiny pussy that used to drop passes in playoff games? Him. So let me ask this now: Do any of you feel the same way? Do you feel like I’m being hard on you or negatively impacting your self-esteem? If so, please feel free to leave the team now. I’ll help you pack up. I wouldn’t want your precious lil’ hands to get callouses.”

Welker was later told of his coaches apology and said he “greatly appreciated it,” but then was informed that Belichick may have been sarcastic in his statement. The pint-sized Denver pass catcher then ran off the practice field and bawled on the bench for, like, 45 minutes until he fell asleep in an adorable little pile.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Bill Belichick apologizes to Wes Welker

I'm kind of with russ here.  I will not disparage him because he played like a man for so many years and did what he was supposed to do, but he's kind of coming off badly here.  Wes, just shut up and let us miss you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Since his big chokes in big games, and his whiney comments since putting on the donkey costume, it is remarkable how the high esteem most fans held for him has plunged so badly, so quickly. You really have to do some drastic things for that to happen.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. Good one Quag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Welker does come off like a little girl. ANd, I hate saying that because I have a lot of respect for what he accomplished here. 

It kind of reminds me of when Johnny Damon left. He didn't want to leave at all, but the money element with the ego joined forces and made the decision for him. Once he left, he was constantly talking about the SOx, even years later. He then claimed it was never about the money. Please. 

Welker spend 2 years trying to make it about him and money.  BB held firm and then said no at the end.

The fact is, if you have any kind of success in this town as an athlete and go somewhere else, even NY, it's just not as good.   We've seen countless athletes storm out of here in a tizzy after wanting their cake and eating it too. 

He loved playing here, he and Brady are almost married, and he wanted to stay here but I don't think he realizes now it's much less about he and Brady, and Welker wasn't able to accept that.

If he had taken the 5 million and stayed, his role still would have been reduced and there is no way I want to see that guy not making that key catch in January again here either. Kind of cruel, but it is what it is with him.  He had 6 years, 5 with Brady to get a ring, and he just really never made a difference against the better defenses in the postseason.

I mentioned that 2-3 years ago in a thread with guys like Mankins, too.  It wasn't just Brady underperforming. 

I suspect he'll fade in Denver and then he'll regret SB 46 for the rest of his life.

It is embarrassing how unappreciative so many Patriots' fans are regarding Welker. The Patriots never would have made it to two SBs without his production. I have little doubt that Welker will perform the role that Manning has planned for him exceptionally. Of course,  Welker will be more of a role player in Denver because they already have (2) 1000 yd. receivers - whereas he was the main man for Brady in NE.  Blame Belichick for not providing Brady more weapons than Welker and two TEs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

To a couple of you who write that we are being to hard on Wes or forgetting his comtributions here, I say "lighten up Francis!" The article is a joke, its funny! I appreciate Wes and all he did here, but it still funny!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Belichick should apologize to the fans for doing such a terrible job with drafting and free agency that he can't win a Superbowl in almost a decade.

With Tom Brady at QB.

What a joke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Belichick should apologize to the fans for doing such a terrible job with drafting and free agency that he can't win a Superbowl in almost a decade.

With Tom Brady at QB.

What a joke.

Yeah I agree Brady, Ridley, Vareen, Gronk, Vollmer, Mankins, Solder, Vince, C Jones, Hightower, Mayo, Spikes, Dennard, McCourty, Ghost, Mesko...   All crappy picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

All I can say is that it's good thing Wes didn't play hockey....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yeah I agree Brady, Ridley, Vareen, Gronk, Vollmer, Mankins, Solder, Vince, C Jones, Hightower, Mayo, Spikes, Dennard, McCourty, Ghost, Mesko...   All crappy picks.

Brady:  Total luck

Ridley:  Great year last year.  Let's see it again

Vareen:  457 total NFL yards...and?

Gronk:  Great player, always hurt

Vollmer:  Good

Mankins:  That guy was awesome.

Solder:  Not convinced yet.

Vince:   Wilfork is one of my favorites of all time.

C Jones:  Need more data

Hightower:  Need more data

Mayo:  Love that guy.

Spikes:  Not yet

Dennard:  Need more data

McCourty:  He's good.

Ghost: The kicker

Mesko:  The punter

Number of superbowl victories for guys on this list not named Tom Brady:  Zero.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

notashot you have jts gotten yourself a nomination for troll of the year! Congrats you are now in the same league as CC, phatrex, Butchise and others.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

notashot you have jts gotten yourself a nomination for troll of the year! Congrats you are now in the same league as CC, phatrex, Butchise and others.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

So dumb.  I've been a Pats fan for over 30 years.  Because I dislike Belichick the GM, who is approaching a decade without a Superbowl win, I'm a troll.  Tell me how that makes sense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

So dumb.  I've been a Pats fan for over 30 years.  Because I dislike Belichick the GM, who is approaching a decade without a Superbowl win, I'm a troll.  Tell me how that makes sense.

30 years. So in the 30 years have you watched offensive line play?

If you are "not convinced" about Nate Solder then I suggest you go back and watch his play from his rookie year to now.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

30 years. So in the 30 years have you watched offensive line play?

If you are "not convinced" about Nate Solder then I suggest you go back and watch his play from his rookie year to now.

There are 16 players listed there.  You pick one of them that I didn't give high marks to, and talk down to me.

Go f yourself.

Talk down to you? So I ask a legitimate question and it hurt your feelings... Amazing how everyone is a tough guy sitting behind a keyboard.

I'll say it again go back and watch his play from his rookie year to now, tough guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Talk down to you? So I ask a legitimate question and it hurt your feelings... Amazing how everyone is a tough guy sitting behind a keyboard.

I'll say it again go back and watch his play from his rookie year to now, tough guy.

He was pretty bad his rookie year.  The only options were to improve or go sell cars.  Just because a player improves doesn't mean he's great at his job.  He is a starter, but average at best so far.  Maybe he continues to improve.  Maybe he doesn't.  Need more data.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

He was pretty bad his rookie year.  The only options were to improve or go sell cars.  Just because a player improves doesn't mean he's great at his job.  He is a starter, but average at best so far.  Maybe he continues to improve.  Maybe he doesn't.  Need more data.

i don't have qualifications as an NFL scout I can only go what my eyebalss tell me so to be fair I will go by what NFL Personel people are saying.

Pro Football Weekly's player rankings: Offensive Tackles ...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great.  He's a starter.  Let's not hang Belichick's legacy on him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Great.  He's a starter.  Let's not hang Belichick's legacy on him.

Who is hanging BB legacy on him? So because he not an All Pro yet he is a failure?

That was just one example of your critique of the list. I don't believe anyone here even the biggest BB supporters doesn't believe he hasn't made mistakes in the draft and free agency. My point is his drafting and FA acquisitions  are not as putrid as some have made them out to be and his team building skills as a GM most likely put him somewhere in the top 10.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who is hanging BB legacy on him? So because he not an All Pro yet he is a failure?

Who said he's a failure?  What is your deal?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[/QUOTE]

That was just one example of your critique of the list. I don't believe anyone here even the biggest BB supporters doesn't believe he hasn't made mistakes in the draft and free agency. My point is his drafting and FA acquisitions  are not as putrid as some have made them out to be and his team building skills as a GM most likely put him somewhere in the top 10.

[/QUOTE]

Ghost you are absoloutely right! Not -a-shot is nothing but a troll on the same level as the others. If he was a "fan of 30 years" he wouldnt be whining because his team hasn't won a super bowl in the last decade, he would be remembering the first 20 years of 2-12, 1-15 teams and counting his blessings how lucky we are no to be competitive evry year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ghost you are absoloutely right! Not -a-shot is nothing but a troll on the same level as the others. If he was a "fan of 30 years" he wouldnt be whining because his team hasn't won a super bowl in the last decade, he would be remembering the first 20 years of 2-12, 1-15 teams and counting his blessings how lucky we are no to be competitive evry year.

I remember listening to them on the radio because the game wasn't on TV in the 80's. I remember the 1-15 and the 2-14 in the early 90's.  Just because I'm not thrilled with not seeing them win the Superbowl for almost a decade, I'm a troll.

Sure.  That makes sense.  Let's ignore the fact that I'm a huge Pats fan that hasn't missed many games in the past 20 years.  Let's ignore everything but the fact that I'm not overly impressed with Belichick's performance as the GM.

I'm a troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Brady:  Total luck

Ridley:  Great year last year.  Let's see it again

Vareen:  457 total NFL yards...and?

Gronk:  Great player, always hurt

Vollmer:  Good

Mankins:  That guy was awesome.

Solder:  Not convinced yet.

Vince:   Wilfork is one of my favorites of all time.

C Jones:  Need more data

Hightower:  Need more data

Mayo:  Love that guy.

Spikes:  Not yet

Dennard:  Need more data

McCourty:  He's good.

Ghost: The kicker

Mesko:  The punter

Number of superbowl victories for guys on this list not named Tom Brady:  Zero.

Did Vince give his SB ring back?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are many threads and many posts regarding the Pat's failures (can you believe AFCCG's & SB's are considered failures) that infer or blatantly blame either BB or TB. These 2 people are most directly repsonsible for the sucess of this franchise. It is mind boggling that we can be that criticial. Don't get me wrong neither are perfect and they both have made mistakes but until someone can produce a perfect QB, HC and GM I am perfectly happy with the 2 we have . So call me a homer or whatever you want but I just can't be critical of the overall performance of these 2 guys.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Did Vince give his SB ring back?

Error.

It happens.

Sections
Shortcuts