Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

Just announced on NFL Network. Awesome. Well deserved.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!

Tom E. Curran
    Billy Belichick is the AP Coach of the Year. 30 of the 50 votes. Raheem Morris second with 11.

Chuck Knox and Bill Belichick are the only three-time COY winners. Don Shula won it four times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss
    Belichick, with his cell reception fading: "Let me say thank you to the voters. This is a case where credit goes to the players. ..."

Bill Belichick to NFL Network: "I accept the award on behalf of the entire organization. ..."

Belichick to NFL Network on the team's high draft picks: "We've already had a couple of offers on them."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Leftovers from Bill Belichick

February, 2, 2011 By Mike Reiss
    DALLAS – After Bill Belichick spoke about winning the Associated Press Coach of the Year award and trade offers for the team’s top draft picks, he was asked a few other questions during his NFL Network interview.

What was the biggest challenge to getting your team up each week while winning 14 games with so many moving parts and so many young parts?

“It was interesting, we faced a lot of different challenges this year, both in the AFC and of course the NFC schedule where we played Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay and Minnesota. It was really a different challenge every week and I just have to give a lot of credit to the players. They adapted, they adjusted to tough weather conditions, like the snow out in Chicago, for example. The players did a good job of staying focused and playing through those conditions. We were able to get a lot of turnovers defensively at the end of the year, and offensively we had a lot of points and special teams scores early in the year, so it all kind of balanced itself out one way or another during the course of the season.”

Two historical franchised are meeting in the Super Bowl. What are your thoughts on the game? What do you anticipate happening and who do you anticipate winning this game?

“They are both excellent football teams and we played them both in the second half of the season. I think Green Bay is very explosive offensively and they have excellent coverage people in the secondary, along with a good pass rush. I think getting [Cullen] Jenkins back is a big boost for them defensively, and of course, we didn’t play against [Aaron] Rodgers [who was injured]. The Steelers are solid. They are a very experienced team, especially on defense. They have a lot of veteran players. They’ve been in these games, these situations before, so I think the experience edge might go a little bit to Pittsburgh. The overall performance in the last 5-6 weeks of the season, probably Green Bay. It should be a heck of a game. Both are very well coached teams.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2011/02/02/bill-belichick-wins-ap-coach-of-the-year-honors/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Belichick to NFL Network on the team's high draft picks: "We've already had a couple of offers on them."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Isn't that illegal????????? against the rules????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: COACH OF THE YEAR!:
    Belichick to NFL Network on the team's high draft picks: "We've already had a couple of offers on them." ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Isn't that illegal????????? against the rules????
    Posted by Getzo

Talking about trading draft picks?   Not sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

I do not agree- unforgiveable- his 100% responsibility for the Pitt loss- not the players- his alone. Now- he better get cracking--- #1- sign Mankins before anything else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Roger!  F Goodell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Belichick to NFL Network on the team's high draft picks: "We've already had a couple of offers on them." ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Isn't that illegal????????? against the rules????
    Posted by Getzo

ABSOLUTELY NOT ! Since when has it ever been so ?  Team are always able to discuss trades for player's and picks and picks for picks jockying for possition. Teams can't contact players with out the teams permission, if that is what you are thinking about. Or maby you are trying to start some ****.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Way to go coach! Best coach in NFL history!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

I do not agree- unforgiveable- his 100% responsibility for the Pitt loss- not the players- his alone. Now- he better get cracking--- #1- sign Mankins before anything else.
    Posted by jjaycee

Ummm...we didn't lose to Pitt this season.

Anyways.....congrats to BB. He absolutely earned it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Posted by jjaycee

What is your problem? The Pats beat Pitt. If you were a Pats fan you would know where the two season losses came from.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brughj121212. Show brughj121212's posts

Good. Hope he gets the record (4)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Very well deserved! I also thought what he did with the team the year that Brady was out, was an amazing job. With all the injuries, and the loss of Tom Brady, the Patriots still went 11-5 (if they would have gotten into the playoffs, they could have beaten any of the other teams, without a doubt.) He really earned my respect that season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I bet he would trade it for another super bowl ring. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Congrats BB.

We got the best QB and the best coach still people complain and question em.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Very well deserved! I also thought what he did with the team the year that Brady was out, was an amazing job. With all the injuries, and the loss of Tom Brady, the Patriots still went 11-5 (if they would have gotten into the playoffs, they could have beaten any of the other teams, without a doubt.) He really earned my respect that season!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

Steelcurtain, I agree about the 08 season. Although Belichick saw Brady's season ending knee injury as just another injury, it was one of his best coaching jobs. Even though the Pats were coming off a 16-0 season, an 11-5 record with a "high school" QB was impressive.

After the Steeler beatdown, where Matt Cassel had 2 picks and three fumbles (damn James Harrison), Cassel settled down and finished the last four games with 8 TDs 1 Int and NO fumbles. I wish we could have seen that team in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I guess that puts all the"he's lost it crap" to rest.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

BB deserves coach of the year.  But if he doesn't win a playoff game next year, Kraft has to seriously consider moving on. 

BB has to win a playoff game next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

This is great news! So hopefully now a few on here will relax about getting rid of BB.

BB did not have the talent on the team to win a SB this year. The record of 14-2 is because the team especially the rookies and 2nd year players improved throughout the season.

BB deserves the award to be able to coach this team up, handle the in season trades (Moss, Maroney, Branch) while also dealing with Mankins hold out. Never mind the injuries and players going on IR.

Now he needs to keep improving the level of the players and coaches to take it to the next level and win the SB!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

So if J. Locker drops out of the first round would BB make a trade with a team thats looking for a QB? Monty Hall got nothing on Bill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

BB deserves coach of the year.  But if he doesn't win a playoff game next year, Kraft has to seriously consider moving on.  BB has to win a playoff game next year.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Don't you think the performance of the team has something to do with this?  I don't recall BB dropping passes, missing tackles, allowing sacks and giving up 28 points to the Jets in that last playoff game.  Amazing you are thinking one more season and BB should be gone!  How about ticking off the names of some of the greatest coaches in history who have NEVER won a SB or even got their team to a SB!  BB has done it 4 times in the last 10 years and you are worried about what he may or may not be able to achieve NEXT season? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

...Kraft has to seriously consider moving on.  BB has to win a playoff game next year.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Move on to who?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am surprised by this board's response to this.  Isn't this kind of an empty, meaningless award?

Sections
Shortcuts