Bill Belichick Dines with Tim Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Bill Belichick Dines with Tim Tebow

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/03/30/patriots-dine-florida-quarterback-tim-tebow-at-north-end-eatery-last-night/

I still think it's a huge smokescreen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Bill Belichick Dines with Tim Tebow

Where there's smoke there's BB with a blanket trying to hide what he's doing. This could be a giant smoke screen trying to drive up the price for a trade or doing Tebow a favor by ramping him up but then again he could be doing this to make people believe it's a smoke screen and he really does want Tebow. We'll never know until draft day but I like to believe he's trying to drum up trade prices.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Belichick: Hey Tim..ok so we're clear on everything, right?

Tebow: Yes, sir. 

Belichick: We're just giving everyone else the impression that we might draft you to boost your stock and, as a result, this will lead to us fielding more trade calls on Day 2.

Tebow: Whatever I can do to help Bill, god willing.

Belichick: Great...so I hear the Chicken Piccata is great here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

They better draft defense with that 22 pick or I will snap...............no trades no trading down.........we have a chance to get a speed rusher to make a huge difference..............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Exactly. Obviously, we'll never know until draft day but to me, this is a polarizing topic because Tebow, the player, is completely overshadowed by the personality that he is so it's going to make almost every team think twice about passing up on him. With so many desperate teams in the draft looking for a savior (pun intended), and with the Patriots sitting pretty with a boatload of picks, it just makes one wonder about all the possibilities. We're clearly at a point where our locker room chemistry needs improvement and we're in need of more high character guys. Tebow certainly fits that bill and if anyone can get some productivity out of him, I know it's Belichick. I've said countless times, I want him on the Patriots if for nothing else than the character and toughness he'll bring. I also think if he could have one mentor in the NFL that would help him along to even come close to maximizing his potential, it's Tommy Brady. He's won championships at this level, he's been hounded by the media, he knows the Patriot Way, and he has the intangibles that you need in the NFL to survive and to win.

I know I'm rooting for the Patriots to draft him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Please tell me this is a smokescreen.  What a complete waste of a draft pick this would be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

This is the worst news since I found out Billy Graham has a ten car garage filled with classic Corvettes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

hey kid...soooooo...do you think you can catch? because you sure cant throw

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm going to head into fantasy land here but I just started a topic about someone trying to move up to Oak's #1 using a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.

So here's my fantasy, BB decides to play chess and sets this all up before the draft. BB talks to Oak and trades #47, #119 and Oak's 1st next year back to Oak for their #8 pick. He drafts JPP/Morgan. As #22 is coming up rumors are heard that BB wants Tebow and starts fielding offers from Buf and Jax. Playing them off each other BB gets an offer from Buf that he can't refuse, their #41 and #72.  BB takes the offer and laughs out loud in the middle of the draft room. With everyone looking at him he says I just traded Seymour, #22, #47 and #199 for #8, #41, and #72 someone give me a high five.

fantasy over

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

The more and more I read into these Tebow stories to the patriots the more and more I start to believe the patriots are playing with the predraft mindset of teams in the NFL. If we have a coach so outspoken of 1 player, a coach that went down to FL to see him workout, that brought him back up to NE for a visit of two days, seems to me like instead of drafting him BB is looking for other teams to "reach" for him before the Patriots at #22. If that happens then players start to fall that were otherwise ranked as top 20 picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

Please don't do it Bill. This isn't the Patriots of 5 years ago when we just drafted for depth or could afford to take a chance on a guy. We have too many REAL needs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Was Jim Kelly buttering their bread?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

This would be the biggest mistake of Belichick's career.  Too many holes to fill to take a chance on a guy who most likely can't play in the NFL. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

This is all a big smokescreen, I hope. Belichick knows that when he sneezes, the NFL catches Pnemonia. If other teams (Mangini) see Belichick looking at Tebow, other teams will be more inclined to draft him to copy the Patriots way(Vernon Gholston)

And can we shut up about Tebow bring a leadership element to the Patriots? The guy couldn't even get a bunch of college kids to show him respect, you want me to believe that he is going to get in Adalius Thomas's face? Belichick needs to stay away from this guy. I've never doubted Belichick before, but this can make a man start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Hey kid...soooooo...do you think you can catch? because you sure cant throw."
    (continuing)
    "...Here then, We'll try it out. See IF you can catch this bread roll I get from the basket that I throw to ya- from all the way across the table we're both currently sittin' at. On 3, alright? Ready, 1, 2, 3 (throw)...Jesus."

"What Bill? I almost had it."

"Tim, I gave you warning, threw it underhanded & it bounced off your forehead... And onto your knee, then you bobbled it before it bounced off your forehead AGAIN. The sad part is, it didn't hit the floor...our 60 year old waitress caught it one-handed and placed it back on your plate before telling you that you s#cked as a QB."

"I'm NOT a product of the system...I'm Not!"

"Mmm-hm. Hey though, maybe you can block...shift your chair in the way of that oncoming busboy comin' down your aisle."

"Whoa...whoaaAA!"

"Dear...sheez! I mean, it wouldn't be so bad IF SHE simply ran ya over, but kid- Ya fell outta your chair before she even got in your path...Then she stepped on your face and told you that you were a bad tipper...And a s#cky QB."

"I AIN'T a bad-tipper...10% straight up, what's wrong with 10%?"

"Get the heck up and just hand me the salt, alright?"

"Sorry...".

"Yea, Overall nice read there...but see Timmy boy, I ain't payin' for you throwing the pepper shaker throw the glass window just because I slept with Urban Meyer's daughter...".

"Look Bill, I really can't Thank You enough. Oh good, food's here...pray with Mr. Belichik."

"I sold my soul to Sat@n long ago kid...with your football skill-set I'd consider doin' the same."  

"HEY, But I'm a Leader, an alpha leader!"

"Do you ever sh^t-up?"

"Yes-sir...sorry." 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

They dined on Breaded Communion Wafers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

I'm afraid this isn't a smoke screen.  This is way too much attention being paid to a guy.  This isn't about a 2nd round pick either.  This is about using #22.  Tebow doesn't last until 44.  You have ARI, MIN, WAS, CLE and BUF picking before 44 and one of them will take Clausen, and another will take Tebow.  I think Colt McCoy goes 4th.

I'm not going to knock Tebow because he will bust his tail off to do whatever it takes.  I'm not going to knock his faith either.  Curtis Martin was a religious guy, he used to hold prayer meetings on the middle of the field following each game and he's a HOF lock as was Merlin Olsen and countless others.  Maybe the Pats become the Football God's favorite team again.

What hasn't been said is BB also commented that if you asked Tebow to play nose, he'd play nose.  That contradicts what Tebow said publicly that he will do whatever it takes to play QB in the NFL.  In any event, BB was probably asking him if he'd play Wildcat, TE, FB or LB for all we know.  If the answer was NO, then I don't think we'd take him.  But if Tebow was told that we'd play him everywhere and groom him to eventually replace Brady, I could see Tebow excited about learning from the best.  If this is the case, we could take him.

I'm NOT SAYING WE SHOULD TAKE HIM, I'm just trying to figure out the logic for the obvious interest and what the heck we would do with him for 4-5 years while Brady starts.  Very strange...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

I'm not buying it, this has more smoke than a cheech and chong sequel, now way would BB got out to dinner in public with a player he SERIOUSLY wanted to draft.  He's doing 2 things here

Helping Tebow who BB respects draft value go up and more importantly hoping to trade one of our picks to a team that may want to draft him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick Dines with Tim Tebow:
    I'm afraid this isn't a smoke screen.  This is way too much attention being paid to a guy.  This isn't about a 2nd round pick either.  This is about using #22.  Tebow doesn't last until 44.  You have ARI, MIN, WAS, CLE and BUF picking before 44 and one of them will take Clausen, and another will take Tebow.  I think Colt McCoy goes 4th. I'm not going to knock Tebow because he will bust his tail off to do whatever it takes.  I'm not going to knock his faith either.  Curtis Martin was a religious guy, he used to hold prayer meetings on the middle of the field following each game and he's a HOF lock as was Merlin Olsen and countless others.  Maybe the Pats become the Football God's favorite team again. What hasn't been said is BB also commented that if you asked Tebow to play nose, he'd play nose.  That contradicts what Tebow said publicly that he will do whatever it takes to play QB in the NFL.  In any event, BB was probably asking him if he'd play Wildcat, TE, FB or LB for all we know.  If the answer was NO, then I don't think we'd take him.  But if Tebow was told that we'd play him everywhere and groom him to eventually replace Brady, I could see Tebow excited about learning from the best.  If this is the case, we could take him. I'm NOT SAYING WE SHOULD TAKE HIM, I'm just trying to figure out the logic for the obvious interest and what the heck we would do with him for 4-5 years while Brady starts.  Very strange...
    Posted by Faucetman

I agree that we pick him up but certainly not at #22. I don't think Belichick is off his rocker to that degree! I know compared to us fans, he believes we're just a few pieces away. He knows more about his mix of players than we could imagine so in his mind, one of his later picks could be used to land Tebow. His team, however, is not good enough to throw away pick #22 on Tebow. No way that happens.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Lmao...Ahhh, that's classic.  Personally, I woulda at least attempted some form of Undead Al Davis being served a bloody mary with maybe a human finger in place of celery...but the alzheimers works very nicely (sadly though, he probably doesn't have alzheimers). 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Wasnt it a special wine as well?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I really can't tell if this is a classic smokescreen but it has all the ingrediants to be a big yield for the Patriots should anyone bite. Because there could be a bidding war for #22, what would happen should both Tebow and Ryan Matthews be available at #22 ?  We pretty much know that Buffalo would take Tim given they don't have to use the # 9 pick in the draft to get him and San Diego came away from Matthews Pro Day extremely impressed,so the only thing BB has to figure out is does he want Buffalo's 2nd round,4th round and a first next year or does he want San Diego's first and third this year! If they got really lucky they could conceivably accomplish both !! By trading with SD first and then hoping that Tebow doesn't get snagged any earlier than 27th it would be a 5 pick gamble! I know everyone here thinks trading out this year is the wrong move but check out the possible benefits to their doing so...Has to be tempting..

Sections
Shortcuts