Bill Belichick: No longer creative

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Bill Belichick: No longer creative

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick: No longer creative:
    [QUOTE]The offense is starting to realize it cannot be pass happy like 2007...
    Posted by fantasyfootball[/QUOTE]

For me personally, that has been the best adjustment/realization in a while.  They went into the SB against the Giants light on TE's, and tried to beat a great defense trying to be pass happy going with light formations.  It didn't work. Let's not forget that the Ravens nearly beat us in 2007.  We faced a very good Jets defense this year and we once again go in light on TE's and try to beat a very good defense being pass happy with light formations.  It didn't work.  Since that game, the Pats adjusted.  We've gone with three active TE's and had a lot of plays with 2 backs in the backfield.  The result was that the Ravens blitzes were fairly ineffective.  So much so that they basically had to move away from blitzing so much.  They had a few moments of glory, but not enough to continue.

As others have also pointed out, the more I see of this years team, the more it reminds me of our teams in the Lombardi years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Bill Belichick: No longer creative

LOL!

Sections
Shortcuts