Bill Belichick quote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bill Belichick quote

From ESPNBoston.com:

Buffalo Bills
    fans are revitalized after watching sensational offensive performances in consecutive preseason games. They might even believe in Trent Edwards again.

Belichick
    Belichick
    New England Patriots fans must be content with their offense, but they have reason to be concerned with what rookie St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford did to their defense.

The New York Jets and Miami Dolphins have had their problems. Their quarterbacks have been erratic, creating uneasiness with the regular season two weeks away.

But it's the preseason, people. No reason to get too worked up one way or the other.

In that regard, I liked this quote from Patriots coach Bill Belichick on Monday and wanted to share it for the sake of perspective. A reporter asked if Belichick feels uncertainties about his team.
    "I think every coach feels like that. I can't imagine that you wouldn't. Regular season and preseason are two different things. Teams start game planning against you. Then you find out a little bit more about where you're really at on some things. Preseason, you're running your plays. They're running their plays. Sometimes they match up. Sometimes they don't. You're playing a lot of people. There are a lot of different matchups.

"It's hard to get a read on it. Once you get to the regular season, nobody holds back. You get their best game plan. You get your toughest matchups. You try to create [tough matchups] for them. Your weaknesses get exposed. You try to get to your strengths, but they don't let you get to them as easily. And you're doing the same.

"It's a whole different game. Until that happens, I don't think you are really sure where exactly everything is. It's different in the regular season."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Bill Belichick quote

I think more important than the gameplan is the substitutions. You can clearly see that coaches (some more than others) do different substitution packages and rotations. Asking players to work out of position, or at least the position they are most likely to succeed in, is a useful exercise, but it skews the results we see. 

People get too high and too low with pre-season affairs. Two weeks ago NE was going 14-2 and winning the super bowl with their young aggressive defense. Now they are an 8-8 team that is too fledgling to compete. 

Take it in stride. By week four we will have an idea what this team is about. By week twelve we'll know for sure. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

People get too high and too low after every play, let alone every pre-season or regular season game.  In week 6 the team will be headed for last place after the opponent converts a 3rd and long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick quote:
    People get too high and too low after every play, let alone every pre-season or regular season game.  In week 6 the team will be headed for last place after the opponent converts a 3rd and long.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

For more on this phenomena, feel free to visit the Red Sox forum just down the hallway on the left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick quote : For more on this phenomena, feel free to visit the Red Sox forum just down the hallway on the left.
    Posted by p-mike

I thought that was the room for an argument, but it turned out to be abuse and then the automatic gainsaying of any statement another person makes. . .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I think the reason people get so excited about pre-season is simply because they are starved for football. Any football. Naturally you want your team to play well and ultimately win, but some fans lose sight of what is most important here. Getting the best possible team on the field for when the games count.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick quote : I thought that was the room for an argument, but it turned out to be abuse and then the automatic gainsaying of any statement another person makes. . .
    Posted by zbellino

Hauling out the Monty Python for +10 points!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

another quote

"keep filming, just cover the red light on the camera"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick quote : Just make sure your camera man is in the right spot. That's something the Jets also failed to do in 2006 at Foxborough, but Goodell did nothing.  Interesting, isn't it?
    Posted by russgriswold

I guess it is too soon to make light of this?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

another quote "keep filming, just cover the red light on the camera"
    Posted by whodeawhodat

You realize this is 2010... 2007 is history!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Belichick quote : I thought that was the room for an argument, but it turned out to be abuse and then the automatic gainsaying of any statement another person makes. . .
    Posted by zbellino

Red Sox fans have become really obnoxious in the last 8 or 10 years.  Not all obviously, but the know-it-alls who tend to comprise the message board crowd seem that way in large part.  They act as if Boston is the mecca of baseball or something.  Far from it.  I remember going to Fenway on many a night in the 70s and 80s and there would be maybe 15,000 on a good night.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I agree with what BB said but I dont understand why posters on this board, I wont mention any names (RUSTY!!!), think this only holds true for the Patriots and not the rest of the league.

The Pats loss to a 1-15 Rams team and its, dont worry its only the preseason.  The same night the Colts give up 59 points to the Pack and its, OMG the Colts are so bad, did you see that game.  There going to stink this year!!!

Same with the Jets.  All you read on here is how bad they look in preseason, but then all I hear is how preseason doesnt matter so its like talking out of both sides of ones mouth.

Sections
Shortcuts