Bill Belichick takes a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Bill Belichick takes a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning

From Jeff Howe's article:

Out of absolutely nowhere, Bill Belichick took a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning at his initial news conference of Week 14.

Belichick, who coached the Browns from 1991-95, was asked if he still had any affinity for the organization due to his time spent there. After all, it was his first head coaching gig, though it came to a close when the organization moved to Baltimore.

"I was there for five years," Belichick said. "It was five important years in my life, for myself, my family and all that. Obviously, we've all moved on, and I have a job to do here and that's where my loyalty is, is to Robert (Kraft), the Patriots organization and this football team. So it's no different than how I feel, honestly, about the Colts, or the Lions or the Broncos. I feel differently about the Jets. We won't put them in that category.

"Good experiences with all of those teams, and we learned from them, grew as a coach, and as a person and as a family. But we're at a different time and a different place. This is where we are now, so I'll try to make the most out of this one."

Belichick famously quit the Jets in 2000 to take a job with the Patriots, and the two organizations have shared a cold-blooded rivalry for more than two decades. Belichick's dig at the Jets this morning was the latest example. It was clearly a joke, but it was a funny shot nonetheless.

I wonder if Bill will be a good foot soldier and bench himself!!!

HA

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

Re: Bill Belichick takes a hilarious shot at the Jets this morning

wow! just read about this! cant believe he channelled his inner wes like thta. he just volunteered it! very unbecoming..

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/12/04/bill-belichick-tweaks-jets-again/http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2013/12/04/bill-belichick-tweaks-jets-again/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It gets better - 

Kellen Winslow - of the Jets - picked the Pats and Broncos in the AFC championship game, even though the Jets have not been mathematically eliminated: 

http://deadspin.com/kellen-winslow-jr-picks-pats-broncos-for-the-afc-title-1476475525

LMFAO

(he has since deleted that tweet)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

after all the "not here to kiss his ring"  Belichick says "kiss my  azz"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

OMG! How awkward. LOL. This topic was already covered a little while ago by a very similar sounding Pat fan idiot.  He went as far as to bump his own thread when nobody would reply.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/lol-bb-slams-jets-publicly/100/6920002

Regardless, to start a thread because of the fact that Belichick offers so little in terms of team insight into the team and the game to the forever yearning Pats fans, that his disklike of the Jets is a news story worthy of posting twice in the same day is plain pathetic.  If only Pats fans knew as 1/2 as much about the game as they do the drama surrounding Belichicks quitting and his resentment of the way that Parcells finagled Belichicks contract.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

OMG! How awkward. LOL. This topic was already covered a little while ago by a very similar sounding Pat fan idiot.  He went as far as to bump his own thread when nobody would reply.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/lol-bb-slams-jets-publicly/100/6920002

Regardless, to start a thread because of the fact that Belichick offers so little in terms of team insight into the team and the game to the forever yearning Pats fans, that his disklike of the Jets is a news story worthy of posting twice in the same day is plain pathetic.  If only Pats fans knew as 1/2 as much about the game as they do the drama surrounding Belichicks quitting and his resentment of the way that Parcells finagled Belichicks contract.   

[/QUOTE]

Yup, another scorned Jets fan. Instead of a HOF head coach who has won 73% of his regular season games, 71 % of his playoff games, gone to 7 AFCCG's and 5 SB's you got a decade plus of mediocrity. You really should seek help for your envy... it's really not good for your mental health.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, another scorned Jets fan. Instead of a HOF head coach who has won 73% of his regular season games, 71 % of his playoff games, gone to 7 AFCCG's and 5 SB's you got a decade plus of mediocrity. You really should seek help for your envy... it's really not good for your mental health.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing.  The Pats owe a huge part of their success in the Belichick era to 1) the increidbly fortunate drafting of Tom Brady and 2) to the Jets injuring Drew Bledsoe to open the door for Brady.  Only some kind of idiot would think that if Belichick had stayed in NY, the superbowl winning teams from... wow, a decade ago... I can't believe it's been that long already.... but I digress... would somehow get moved over.  I didn't care about Belichick leaving then and I sure don't now.   If you knew anything about fanatism, that is, if you were anything other than a pink hatm you'd know that envy is not a part of being a fan.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing.  The Pats owe a huge part of their success in the Belichick era to 1) the increidbly fortunate drafting of Tom Brady and 2) to the Jets injuring Drew Bledsoe to open the door for Brady.  Only some kind of idiot would think that if Belichick had stayed in NY, the superbowl winning teams from... wow, a decade ago... I can't believe it's been that long already.... but I digress... would somehow get moved over.  I didn't care about Belichick leaving then and I sure don't now.   If you knew anything about fanatism, that is, if you were anything other than a pink hatm you'd know that envy is not a part of being a fan.  

[/QUOTE]

Mike the Pats had the top rated or close to defense when we won the 3 SBs, come on only an idiot would give all the success the Pats have had to one player.

This is a legit question.....  Whats the rumor in NY are the Jets going to fire Ryan? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"envy is not a part of being a fan."

It is for you, that's why you are here - envy/resentment. 

If you were totally happy with being a Jets fan, you wouldn't be in here. It's no coincidence you are trolling the most successful team in your division, rather than a Bills form. Envy is the reason.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ImagydBostonOnTwitterYouTube's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"envy is not a part of being a fan."

It is for you, that's why you are here - envy/resentment. 

If you were totally happy with being a Jets fan, you wouldn't be in here. It's no coincidence you are trolling the most successful team in your division, rather than a Bills form. Envy is the reason.

[/QUOTE]

+10.. it wouldnt occur to me to go a jets forum.. whats the point... do you or any pats fan go on other teams' forums?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, everyone should act like you.  Clearly, it wouldn't occur to you to stop worrying about the motivations of people you follow on a newspaper website sports forum, you idiot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You actually make some sense here. Ahhh, truth..... it is so refreshing. You should embrace it more often.

But Brady would have replaced Bledsoe before long anyway. He was already surpassing Drew on the practice field, and Drew's penchant for pickoffs was never going to satiate BB. And then you cannot discount that BB is a great coach and that does add much to a team.

But anybody being honest and objective would have to come to the conclusion that if BB stayed in NY and lucked into a HOF QB there, the fortunes of the jets may well have been similar to his fortunes in NE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mike the Pats had the top rated or close to defense when we won the 3 SBs, come on only an idiot would give all the success the Pats have had to one player.

[/QUOTE]

True enough. I'm quite certain Brady would have 2 or 3 more rings if he had that caliber of defense the last 5-6 years. But sticking with honesty, many of the most key guys on those championship defenses, BB inherited.

The truth will set you free.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only part of your post worhty of responding to is highlighted the rest is utter drivel and nonsense as usual... Really you don't care? Hmmm I would say the majority of your posts prove otherwise. As always you are a funny dude... but as always nobody is laughing with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Babe is spot on. He would have benched or traded Bledsoe just as he did in Cleveland with Kosar. See thta is the beauty of BB he is not afraid to make the tough decisions for the betterment of the TEAM.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Regardless, to start a thread because of the fact that Belichick offers so little in terms of team insight into the team and the game to the forever yearning Pats fans, that his disklike of the Jets is a news story worthy of posting twice in the same day is plain pathetic.

And you spending so much time here just to try and stir the pot for whatever twisted reason isn't just as pathetic? Wake up you foolish turd....

Sections
Shortcuts