Bill Belichicks 10 greatest trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Bill Belichicks 10 greatest trades

I dunno about number 8, I mean, I like Nate, but Seymour can eat his lunch.

Even at Seymour's old age (NFL-wise).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This list only covers about 50% of Trader Bill's greatest work.  He regularly trades a first rounder this year for a second rounder this year and a first next year.  Best example, he traded away a bottom of the first round pick to San Francisco, a team that would certainly make the playoffs next year.  SF tanked.  SF's pick turned out to be #7.  SF might be a slightly rougher team to play against in 2012 but for that trade.  BB has been manufacturing second rounders out of next to nothing again and again and again for a decade.

He regularly trades down. The San Francisco pick at #7 became a #10 and an extra third rounder.  Then BB took Jerod Mayo at linebacker, who has delivered good value.  He positioned himself to take McCourty, who at least is solid at safety, one slot before the Jets took Kyle Mini-Me Williams, who isn't solid at all.

He regularly trades up just a few spots to grab someone good such as rookie Chandler Jones.  Other examples, Hightower, Ty Warren, Gronk. 

Next, Trader Bill goes through a huge pile of free agents sitting at home, waiting by the phone.  Most are useless, and a few are finds.  Jabar Gaffney got the call in midseason. A number of guys on the roster are midseason finds. 

BB stole a linebacker from Denver and a fullback from the Giants.  Somebody in the front office had his eyes wide open.

Then there's the seventh rounder miracle pile.  I would put Matt Cassel in the reclaim pile because he would have dropped into undrafted free agent status except for Trader Bill wasting a seventh rounder on his worthless hide.  The guy had never started a college game!  Also on that list, Julian Edelman, who really wasn't that bad a defensive back last year.  Nate Ebner seems to be making the transition. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Oh, we know what a standing desk is, it's just funny you don't want to elaborate how important it is for you because it will divulge your true occupation.

If you say what it is, it will make the fact your attempts to spin every postive Pats thread, that much more comical since we all know you've really never done your homework on literally any topic here.  This is what makes it so funny. You've lost before you swing in here to try to deflect wildly, stumbling back into the ropes like a tool.

Seeing 10 great trades in print by BB, the guy who SHOULD have been your GM and coach but was blocked by an egomaniac and poor leadership in NY, just makes you squirm, not just before or now, but for years to come.

We're loving it. You need to learn to love it, too, dribblebib.

I just don't think you do.  And why you are so obsesssed with it, I can't fathom.  It's sort of like when TV was described to your relatives in Appalachia. 

In reality, Mike T has made many fantastic trades and fewer bad ones. 

I can see why Jints appears so often on this site. It makes him feel good to gloat about his team's wins over the Patriots. Until the Pats beat the Giants, we can't give him a taste of his own medicine. But why are you such a glutton for punishment and abuse. Do something useful with your life and come back when the Jets start winning SuperBowls, or at least start appearing in them. Until then, you are grist for the mill.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I always liked Seymour but living in LA among raider fans, I can tell you that they are still fuming about the trade. They see Seymour as a guy who is good when he shows up bu most of the time he doesn't. When his first move doesn't work he quits. This isn't coming from me, I haven't watched him much but most Raider fans don't ever want to trade with Belichick again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

wow goes to show that BB knows exactly what he is doing despite what PhatRex might say! And this list doesn't even include the 1st Rounder (Mark Ingram) to NO for a 2nd and 1st the next year (Chandler Jones after a little shuffling) or the late 1st rounder to SF for their first the next year (#7 which we traded down to 10 and still got Jerod Mayo!) Or tading right in front of the TE needy Ravens to take the Gronk rioght away from them! Or trading down twice, (accumulating picks) and still getting his guy McCourty. Love watching BB maneuver on draft day.

Good find on this article MrMojo, thanks for posting!

Don't confuse the quality of the worth of the trade with the quality of the player taken.  That being said, if youre big coup is "still getting his guy McCourty" after trading down to miss some good players that may have helped that horrible D, you've got problems.

Hey phatty what "good players did BB pass on?" Kyle Wlson LOL He sux! Dez Bryant? Nah we dont need a guy who drops balls, or is a thief or a will beat up his mama! We will stick with McCourty (all-pro one year) anD let Talib beat up cab drivers! Your such a tool! Go back to the Jets boards you jealous troll!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

wow goes to show that BB knows exactly what he is doing despite what PhatRex might say! And this list doesn't even include the 1st Rounder (Mark Ingram) to NO for a 2nd and 1st the next year (Chandler Jones after a little shuffling) or the late 1st rounder to SF for their first the next year (#7 which we traded down to 10 and still got Jerod Mayo!) Or tading right in front of the TE needy Ravens to take the Gronk rioght away from them! Or trading down twice, (accumulating picks) and still getting his guy McCourty. Love watching BB maneuver on draft day.

Good find on this article MrMojo, thanks for posting!

Don't confuse the quality of the worth of the trade with the quality of the player taken.  That being said, if youre big coup is "still getting his guy McCourty" after trading down to miss some good players that may have helped that horrible D, you've got problems.

Hey phatty what "good players did BB pass on?" Kyle Wlson LOL He sux! Dez Bryant? Nah we dont need a guy who drops balls, or is a thief or a will beat up his mama! We will stick with McCourty (all-pro one year) anD let Talib beat up cab drivers! Your such a tool! Go back to the Jets boards you jealous troll!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

he only wishes that the Jets had someone worthy of devoting 1/6th of the cap to

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Its a toss up between Moss and Welker at the #1 spot but I would have to go with Welker.  Welker being Welker opened up everything for Moss to have the 2007 season that he did.  Welker has done more for the Pats then Moss did. But man, 2007 was special!  So close to the Perfect season and the way they did it was just amazing to watch.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

In response to Neal Page's comment:

...That's insane. That's a total fleece job deluxe by BB on Mickey Loomis. BB is playing checkers, the rest are playing chess.

you mean he is playing chess, while the others are playing checkers.

No, Neal Page was right.  You see BB had Loomis convinced he was playing chess so Loomis moved his knight into position where he thought he could take BB's queen with his next move.  BB meanwhile, playing checkers but making it look like he was playing chess, simply triple jumped him, got his knight, rook and a 3rd round pick all in one move. Game over.  

Sections
Shortcuts