Bill Belichick's bake sale

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bill Belichick's bake sale

From ESPNBoston.com:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick playfully suggested the NFL hold a "bake sale" to pay for the extra cameras it would take to cover all boundary lines to aid instant replay.

"We just spent however many millions of dollars on the replay system. I mean, there are 1,000 cameras in every stadium, so if somebody spills a beer on somebody, we have it on record, right?," Belichick said Tuesday at the NFL meetings. "Maybe we could have a bake sale to raise some money for the cameras. We could do a car wash."

The Patriots put the replay rule proposal on the table for consideration last week. Specifically, the rule would ensure fixed cameras would be added on all boundary lines -- sideline, end line and end zone -- to be made available to officials for instant replays. One of the gripes about the new rule is the added cost involved with adding the cameras.

Another of the Patriots' proposals would extend the goalposts five feet on each side. In speaking with one NFL general manager on Tuesday, the feeling is that it has momentum to pass at some point.

One of the big topics of conversation among owners, coaches and league executives was the engineering aspect behind a potential change, and ensuring the safety of fans. That appears to be the primary hurdle in play for the rule to pass.

"The goalposts, that's outdated, virtually every kicker at the combine can kick them over the top of the goalposts [and] some of those guys aren't even going to be in the league," Belichick said.

"I don't have a percentage, but I'm telling you, any kick that's not outside the 10-yard line or outside the 45-yard line goes over the top of the uprights. I mean, they all do. So to make the officials have to make that judgment, whether it is or it isn't, the angle and all that, I mean, I think we should try to take that judgment out of the game if we can and get it right."

Belichick went back to his bag of laughs when asked why he was not present for Monday's traditional photo with all NFL coaches.

"I missed it. Maybe they can Photoshop me in there," he joked.

While Belichick had a few witty one-liners ready, there was one point where he trended in the other direction. Asked if there was a timetable for tight end Rob Gronkowski's return, Belichick said, "Are you seriously asking that question?"

He wasn't smiling at that point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Bill Belichick's bake sale

I would give BB $20 to wash my truck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm guessing he's a perfectionist in everything he does, so can I have him detail my car?  I'll pull out the checkbook for that one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm guessing he's a perfectionist in everything he does, so can I have him detail my car?  I'll pull out the checkbook for that one. 

[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a good idea.He'd probably get it cleaner than when it was new.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know damned well that he'd go down to Job lot and get 6 bottles of Gold Class wash and wax for $1.99 ea, a 12 pack of used spounches that fall apart when they run over the door handles and a immitation Chamois made from elephant foreskin instead of going to Auto Zone and grabbing a bottle of Turtle Wax car wash, a bottle of Turtle wax car wax and a sweet cordless buffer to get the job done right.  "Oh, look at all these spounges.  Just in case the first six rip apart before we make it the hood, we still have another six".  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know damned well that he'd go down to Job lot and get 6 bottles of Gold Class wash and wax for $1.99 ea, a 12 pack of used spounches that fall apart when they run over the door handles and a immitation Chamois made from elephant foreskin instead of going to Auto Zone and grabbing a bottle of Turtle Wax car wash, a bottle of Turtle wax car wax and a sweet cordless buffer to get the job done right.  "Oh, look at all these spounges.  Just in case the first six rip apart before we make it the hood, we still have another six".  

[/QUOTE]

So in otherwords:  There'd be a 6 million Car contest with all the budgets budgets being $1000.  Belichick  would spend $8.35, break the backbones of several people, himself included, and get'cha the 2nd cleanest car outta 6 million cars...every day of the year.  The final contest being in the parking lot next door, BB would inevitably hope:  That the guy in 1st on any given day spendin' the full 1k, might ding up, smudge, or what-have-you-his car, en route...or that BB could get or do something, like find THE perfect amount of light in THE ideal space, to have his auto judged in...buffering the ground...sundancing, etc., etc.. 

I'm sorta at odds with this...sort-aaa not.  That just about sums it all up=Bill Belichick, ladies and gentlemen.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So in otherwords:  There'd be a 6 million Car contest with all the budgets budgets being $1000.  Belichick  would spend $8.35, break the backbones of several people, himself included, and get'cha the 2nd cleanest car outta 6 million cars...every day of the year.  The final contest being in the parking lot next door, BB would inevitably hope:  That the guy in 1st on any given day spendin' the full 1k, might ding up, smudge, or what-have-you-his car, en route...or that BB could get or do something, like find THE perfect amount of light in THE ideal space, to have his auto judged in...buffering the ground...sundancing, etc., etc.. 

I'm sorta at odds with this...sort-aaa not.  That just about sums it all up=Bill Belichick, ladies and gentlemen.  

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant post.  Nice to have Laz back . . . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Not doing something that would benefit the integrity of the game to save a few pennies? Didn't see that coming... I hate what this league is becoming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

I'm trying to get you, but I just don't.

I think you and commy are twins.

You two speak Ebonics.

Plim-plizzle, my nizzle, don' foget bouts tha six-fo, chuch, dawg up in da hood, chilly my grilly. fo sho. Word!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

how much would you pay Giselle?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

BB just mocking the league for not wanting to spend a few $$ on some extra cameras. I can see why they might not want to spend the extra $$....as the 11 BILLION they made last year might not be enough to feed their families....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

To ensure the calls are correct, or at least close to correct more often than not, they can install these cameras.  Technology held this idea back in the past.  Now it's possible but they are looking at the costs?

Their bottom line ends with a "B".

"Nah, we'd rather put an inferior production together and save a few bucks."

Sad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

BB's bake sale would be an enormous success if it included brownies baked in the great state of Colorado!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB's bake sale would be an enormous success if it included brownies baked in the great state of Colorado!

[/QUOTE]

That would change it from "Bake sale" to a "Get baked sale"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Some teams can contribute "sour dough" bread!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, many of the NFL players would be lining up to fork the cash if this were the case.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This calls for TB12 photoshop magic... we had the super friends from zoolander in the car together... maybe we can find some bake sale magic... what do you think TB?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

This calls for TB12 photoshop magic... we had the super friends from zoolander in the car together... maybe we can find some bake sale magic... what do you think TB?

He said they could also do a car wash...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yikes !! I think I just changed my mind about letting Belichick wash my car,I'll do it myself.

Nicely done TFB12 !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOLOL.  You have a gif(t)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to fatsam72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOLOL.  You have a gif(t)

[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks dude!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yikes !! I think I just changed my mind about letting Belichick wash my car,I'll do it myself.

Nicely done TFB12 !!

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!! yeah, not something you really want to see..is it!  LOL!  Thanks, Sir!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hilarious! Thanks TB

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

bumping so people can see TFB's GIF

Sections
Shortcuts