Bill Belichick's tone at press conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Bill Belichick's tone at press conference

For those who haven't seen it, here it is: 

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Belichick-98-Wasnt-perfect-but-good-to-win/b81cb395-cdae-4fc4-b728-d6720131463f

Not sure if it's just me, but Belichick seems a bit more chipper than usual -- his tone is somewhat more emotional and inflective than normal. 

My first thought as to why this is...

1.) the team came up with key plays late in the game. They were clutch for the first time in awhile. It felt like an early 2000s performance, in terms of late game execution and situational football. Recent teams have crumbled late in games and have shown no mental toughness. This was the polar opposite. Part of me wonders if Belichick was pleased to see this positive change. 

Am I crazy, or no? Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Bill Belichick's tone at press conference

In response to dreighver's comment:

For those who haven't seen it, here it is: 

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Belichick-98-Wasnt-perfect-but-good-to-win/b81cb395-cdae-4fc4-b728-d6720131463f

Not sure if it's just me, but Belichick seems a bit more chipper than usual -- his tone is somewhat more emotional and inflective than normal. 

My first thought as to why this is...

1.) the team came up with key plays late in the game. They were clutch for the first time in awhile. It felt like an early 2000s performance, in terms of late game execution and situational football. Recent teams have crumbled late in games and have shown no mental toughness. This was the polar opposite. Part of me wonders if Belichick was pleased to see this positive change. 

Am I crazy, or no? Thoughts?

1) His team survived multiple turnovers which is always difficult to do.

2) His team played for 60 minutes and showed heart and never stopped fighting.

3) He knows there are no easy games or guaranteed wins in the NFL, unlike fans. His team got a W and that is always a good thing. (unless you are trying to throw the game in Miami for a more adventageous seed match up in the playoffs. Ha!)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This last game for Bill was like a win win. Not only did they get the W but his team looked a bit out of place getting it. Now he can kill his guys and he's got plenty of things to yell at them for but at the same time it was a come back win against a div opponent away. I bet BB would love to have ever season start out this way because now he has a game he can point out tons of mistakes all season long no matter how much they improve

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

They won a game that could be described as a grinder all the way to the end. They have not shown that ability in a while. This game could very well have played out the way the Arizona game did last year. It did not. That's good thing for any team. That's a good thing for any team. That's better than good for a team with a brand new receiving corps and punter. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He's a realist.  He realizes that 14 of Buffalo's points were due to turnovers near their endzone.  He realizes the defense did what he asked them to do, which was contain the run.  He realizes there were growing pains with the offense and that is going to continue and take some time.  He realized that we were in hostile territory, fell behind, but still won the game and came on strong in the 4th where it counts. 

I'm sure he's going over film today with players and is pointing out an abundance of errors that he's not pleased with and will need to be corrected.  But all and all the Pats are 1-0 and showed heart and determination yesterday for all of their mistakes and miscues. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

He's a realist.  He realizes that 14 of Buffalo's points were due to turnovers near their endzone.  He realizes the defense did what he asked them to do, which was contain the run.  He realizes there were growing pains with the offense and that is going to continue and take some time.  He realized that we were in hostile territory, fell behind, but still won the game and came on strong in the 4th where it counts. 

I'm sure he's going over film today with players and is pointing out an abundance of errors that he's not pleased with and will need to be corrected.  But all and all the Pats are 1-0 and showed heart and determination yesterday for all of their mistakes and miscues. 

Well said.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What I said going into it.  So, they played well.  No big plays, tackle and get off the field. "

And, no pass rush of any kind. 

A seasoned QB would have put big numbers up against us. 

The D played OK against a terrible offense. The offense played OK against a decent defense with some pieces missing. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"What I said going into it.  So, they played well.  No big plays, tackle and get off the field. "

And, no pass rush of any kind. 

A seasoned QB would have put big numbers up against us. 

The D played OK against a terrible offense. The offense played OK against a decent defense with some pieces missing. 

Pass rush wasn't that strong which may or may not have been tied to the gameplan, which is holding down the big play.

Chandler, Stevie Johnson and Spiller are not "terrible" at all. Also, Manuel showed some poise.

You do realize that game is a game where the D was only responsible for the TD Out of halftime, right?

D almost had 4 turnovers if Dennard and Arrington hang on to each attempted pick.  Each were great plays.

I'd say very good D with an down day for the rush or less of a rush due to rushing 4 consistently is a good sign, not a bad one.

I'm not a big student of the game, but I wondered if the lack of an intense pass rush wasn't simply the result of the gameplan.  Knowing that they do have a somewhat mobile quarterback and also that Buffalo was trying to play at hyper-speed, it would make sense not to be overly aggressive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What is there to be gushing about when you have to fight for your f'n life to squeak one away from the Bills in the last minute?

We have a ton of issues, and they need to be fixed pronto.