Bill Bellicheck needs...Help....time for him to admit it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Bill Bellicheck needs...Help....time for him to admit it

The play-calling on one side and the defensive strategy on the other side of the ball is awful...... Certainly this team is obviously lacking in talent on the field also
    but are we placing the blame where it belongs ??? We have a
    1) Offensive coordinator who never coached at this level..and is a glaring weakness
    2) Defensive Coordinator who cannot adjust his strategy when the apposing offense adjusts and cannot keep up with apposing inovative offensive coordinators on the other side of the field.....
    3) An offensive line coach that is 5' 7" 160 lbs. that has never played the position.....he teaches theory ...exactly what these players have been taught through high school and College ....he's been a positional coach on the team for the past 20 years ...all with the Patriots ......but he doesn't even have an Asst. like a John Hannah who was an all-pro at this level and was taught line play by the likes of Jim Ringo and Bear Bryant........
    In my opinion if you want to improve the play of the team on the field ...you need
     to start with the teachers on the sideline !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Re: Bill Bellicheck needs...Help....time for him to admit it

It is about time that someone says this!  everyone complains about the Patriots have no passrush, bad secondary, can't score in the red zone, etc.  All of this starts with good coaching and a great game plan.  There are talented people on this team.  The offense is the same as 2007.  Failure to score in the red zone is all about being predictable.  Where are the tight ends?  I cannot remember the last catch that Watson had.  I watched Thomas catch a pass for the Saints last week.  Remember him? He was not talented enough to play on the Patriots.  The Patriots should have 2 to 3 more wins.  These losses are pure and simple, poor coaching.  Indianapolis should have been a win.  Miami should have been a win.  Most wins and losses are decided by a few plays in a game.  A bad red zone stand, failure to score in the red zone. 
    The defense has been bad for years.  Cannot finish a game, and now cannot finish a quarter.  Teams are just running all over this defense.  how many third and longs end up with the teams ending up with a first down.  This should not happen.  No pass rush is poor planning.  The secondary playing off receivers allows them to kill the defense with short passes. 
    time for new coaches.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

First let me say I'm glad BB is our coach, but he needs help.Kraft should step in and make BB bring back Charlie & Romeo ( if thier willing ).
     msteven you say the offense is the same has 2007 -  its not. The difference is McDanels was the OC. I think putting the offense in the hands of Weis would be just has good or maybe BETTER! As far has the defense goes it's been slipping for years and Dan Pees is not the answer.The hallmark for BB coached teams was playing better in Dec.Well I think we can all agree this year the Patriots are getting worse.... Any thoughts?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I don't think OL coach is a problem. Dante Scarnecchia is widely regarded as one of the best OL coaches and Patriots are considered lucky to have him. Unlike the Off and Def Coordinators who are widely regarded as mediocre and everyone is puzzled on why the Patriots retain them.

I was reading the article about Saints head coach Sean Payton over the offseason gave up 250k of his own salary to Gregg Williams to bring him in as Def Coordinator (Gregg wanted 1mill instead of 750k that the Saints could afford). Payton said he wanted Gregg, he knew what Gregg brought to the table and made it happen. I don't understand why Belichick thinks that the best Off or Def Coordinators will always be promoted from within and be found within the organization. He should atleast compare the talent within the organization with what's available outside as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

players have no respect for the coaches,other than bb.they know these guys have no clue,so they start each game knowing the coaches don't have a game plan or can adjust on the fly.bb's trying to do it all himself and it's showing in his bad calls.
    kraft,tell bb that next year get the best coordinators you can find regardless of cost or bb we might have a new head coach yo/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with Flip on #1 and #2 points.  #3 no/oline coach is fine.  Your correct though in the fact DUE to the LACK of talent on this team, having O-cord & D-cord's who just can't cut the mustard, they are obviously Exposed NOW!  Before with our huge amounts of Talent, it would Always COVER UP our pathetic coaches.....

No doubt - they need to Get coaches in here that KNOW what they are doing and are AGGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!  UGH, I'm sick of this Vanilla Game plans and LACK of Everything! 

but remember, the reason why there isn't anymore talent out there is ALL our POOR off-season Moves!  File this one under:  BB/Caserio/F.Reese--- />Shame on them to get rid of the CORE of this team!  (Harrison/Brushi - can't do anything about they retired!) BUT they could have kept  Seymour/Vrabel but they decided to CHEAP OUT (but meanwhile we lead the league in AVG ticket PRICE!)...  Oh, forgot to mention, they tried to go the Cheap route again and sign a OLD Galloway to try and get a #2 WR opposite Moss, but that never worked OUT!  They should have signed TJ HOUSH OR be aggressive to get a big time #2 WR on this team (A.Boldwin wanted OUT of ARIZ!) .  I would gaurentee, this team wouldn't be 7-5 right now! Prob at worst 9-3 atleast.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Bellicheck needs...Help....time for him to admit it:
    [QUOTE]I don't think OL coach is a problem. Dante Scarnecchia is widely regarded as one of the best OL coaches and Patriots are considered lucky to have him. Unlike the Off and Def Coordinators who are widely regarded as mediocre and everyone is puzzled on why the Patriots retain them. I was reading the article about Saints head coach Sean Payton over the offseason gave up 250k of his own salary to Gregg Williams to bring him in as Def Coordinator (Gregg wanted 1mill instead of 750k that the Saints could afford). Payton said he wanted Gregg, he knew what Gregg brought to the table and made it happen. I don't understand why Belichick thinks that the best Off or Def Coordinators will always be promoted from within and be found within the organization. He should atleast compare the talent within the organization with what's available outside as well. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]  Dante Scarneccia is a terrific positional Coach....I do agree with that but I just feel he should add an assistant like John Hannah who is availible and has excelled at the pro level line play...We just resigned Kaszur to an extension yet game after game he seems to be the weak link in pass protection .....His feet are far too slow for an offensive tackle and his play hasn't improved in two years ! His technique is exactly the same and he is consistantly getting beat the same way !!....An experienced lineman like Hannah could work with him and the guard and suggest ways they could work together....Any improvement in his play has to have a positive effect
    on the offense... Brady would thank you .....I know  the defensive end that slammed him to the ground and sent him straight to the locker room was Kaszur's responsibility !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I agree, and I think the biggest problem with the team right now is offensive play calling.  It is incredibly predictable and at times downright illogical.  No excuse for running 4 straight times in the red zone, or running on 3rd and long in the 3rd quarter.  Also, calling pass plays that don't fit the situation.  Defenses are stopping big drives because they know what's coming at them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nino22. Show nino22's posts

I've noticed too many times on 3rd and 6 , five receiver set, 4 guys running three yard patterns. To me that doesn't make sense. the defense knows it's coming and have begun to stop it easily.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

There are some great coaches available.  Bring in Shannahan in for the rest of the season to coach the defense.  He is a friend of Bill's so that should not be an issue.  Weiss is needed on the offense.   go get him now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sn786912. Show sn786912's posts

In my opinion Bill needs to bring Romeo and Charlie back. He also needs to replace Teddy B. NE misses his leadership on defense.

Folks if I may, here is my personal view, NFL (league office) gets after a team which is a dynasty look at 49ers, the league got after them, now it is NE turn. Everything revolves around Manning boys specially Peyton Manning. Look at their game location and schedule, the calls (flags) he gets. Play all difficult games in the DOME. May be the league is affraid that their 'poster boy' uniform is going to get dirty if he palys out side, if you ever touch him "roughing the passer". I have a suggestion why not play all 16 game in the dome. On the other hand, Brady never had kind of receivers Peyton Manning had until the arrival of Moss. He (Manning) had two prime WRs since the begining. Brady managed to win three suprbowls with no name receivers, one one talks about him. All you hear from NFL channels is Peyton Manning this and that. I have one more suggestion, why don't you change the name of NFL to MFL = Manning and Farve league, Brady doesn't even count.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, and I think the biggest problem with the team right now is offensive play calling.  It is incredibly predictable and at times downright illogical.  No excuse for running 4 straight times in the red zone, or running on 3rd and long in the 3rd quarter.  Also, calling pass plays that don't fit the situation.  Defenses are stopping big drives because they know what's coming at them.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

yes yes yes and our problems at off line ,most of this is a easy fix.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

[QUOTE]In my opinion Bill needs to bring Romeo and Charlie back. He also needs to replace Teddy B. NE misses his leadership on defense. Folks if I may, here is my personal view, NFL (league office) gets after a team which is a dynasty look at 49ers, the league got after them, now it is NE turn. Everything revolves around Manning boys specially Peyton Manning. Look at their game location and schedule, the calls (flags) he gets. Play all difficult games in the DOME. May be the league is affraid that their 'poster boy' uniform is going to get dirty if he palys out side, if you ever touch him "roughing the passer". I have a suggestion why not play all 16 game in the dome. On the other hand, Brady never had kind of receivers Peyton Manning had until the arrival of Moss. He (Manning) had two prime WRs since the begining. Brady managed to win three suprbowls with no name receivers, one one talks about him. All you hear from NFL channels is Peyton Manning this and that. I have one more suggestion, why don't you change the name of NFL to MFL = Manning and Farve league, Brady doesn't even count.
    Posted by sn786912[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We need a new OC and a new DC in a bad way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

and Weiss is interested in Chicago

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Your blaming the O -line coach. What drugs are you on? Sorry to say Belichick pulls the trigger on bonehead calls like not taking a field goal on the 6 yard line up 7 in a road game. He's become and arrogant fool this season. No doubt about it. The play calling has obviously become very predictable overall.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

The game is won and lost at the LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, both lines are average . Sometimes they both look good but when you never get pressure on the QB even when blitzing and the other team gets pressure sending 3-4 people you wont win period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sn786912. Show sn786912's posts

It shows that NE misses the leadership of Brusky, Verable and Harrison on defense they sent Verable to KC; but they were not counting on Brusky retiring due to his health. Mayo is too young to assume the leadership role. They need more line backers and someone to replace Rodney Harrison as a free safety a player who the other teams fear and hate play against. I noticed yesterday how ordinary Pittsburg was in the middle without Palamalo.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

It shows that NE misses the leadership of Brusky, Verable and Harrison on defense they sent Verable to KC; but they were not counting on Brusky retiring due to his health. Mayo is too young to assume the leadership role. They need more line backers and someone to replace Rodney Harrison as a free safety a player who the other teams fear and hate play against. I noticed yesterday how ordinary Pittsburg was in the middle without Palamalo.    
    Posted by sn786912

At least you spelled Harrison's name right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ek1480. Show ek1480's posts

Yes.He can no longer be head coach and GM..........Need new OFF cor. ands New Def man,,,,,,,,,,go back to basics so new players can pick up scemes in Camp and not in losing efforts. Draft quality not future players who stink for 3-4 years........Dump the stretch play...Maroney is a power back not a speed runner........Kaczur is a back up......A Thomas, Burgess, Springs, and Boden ARE BUSTS..Why is Watson still here?.................Draft needs.........top CB....Hard hitting safety.........Tall WR.(pitt).....TE who you can throw to.................Weiss and a Romeo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paint0136. Show paint0136's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Bellicheck needs...Help....time for him to admit it : At least you spelled Harrison's name right.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI

You are a sarcastic SOB. I guess you never spelled anything rong.......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from paint0136. Show paint0136's posts

My first post must have gon the way of socks in a washer. DYNASTYXXXX whatever, you are a sarcastic SOB. You never spelled anything rong right. Stick with the topic and leave the other responders make their own appraisal and if you don't agree don't start knitpicking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Todays issues can't be miraculously cured by yesterdays icons. The only thing permanent is change,other coaches and teams adjust,players get older and the replacements aren't clones they are different players with similar attributes. I'm not sure what befuddles me more about my fellow NE fans, the fact that when a team is doing good many try to find something to complain about anything or when a team stumbles they same folks want to bring back a ghost from seasons past.
    The next time the PatsCelts,Bs or Sox are doing good try just enjoying the moment. Everytime a team losesd during the course of a season doesn't mean that all is lost. Remember the only thing that matters is winning the last game of the season in the league you're in. Anything that happens along the way are just bricks on the pathway to success. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

I don't know your defensive players as well as you do. 

But I know this: Belichek is the best defensive mind in football---and no one is even close.  And he is the reason Miami gambled big time and ditched the wildcat-perhaps the biggest gamble in the history of Miami Dolphins football.  For more on this, I have a lengthy explanation on why the cat was ditched in the thread entitled "don't lynch me", page 3, post # 1.

Belichek will lock down the division--I just hope Miami makes it for the rubber match.

Sections
Shortcuts