Bill Eff'n O'Brien

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien

It may well be that the Patriots offense need a veteran,proven offensive coordinator as B.B.concentrates the majority of his efforts with the defense,which is coming along quicker than anyone had a right to expect though it still is very much work in progress and I can't wait to see them near the end of this season(not who is added via the upcoming draft and free agent period).Their special teams are as well coached as any in the league.But there has to be some concern about the predictablity of the offense and a less than acceptable speed in adjusting to game conditions what the opposition is doing especially how they are countering what the Pats are trying to do offensively.The primary problem yesterday was the inability by the OL to have any success either in pass protection or in handling the Chargers front seven in the ground game.The Patriots inabilty to move the ball in any way,pass or run,for protracted periods of time during the game just screamed for changes in what they were doing and how they were doing it.Nothing significant changed right up to their final offensive play which was a run into the teeth of what effectively was a ninie man front.As i said,it may be time to consider a more seasoned and proven NFL offensive coach with coordinator responsibilties.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

The run should only be used to set up the pass...period

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

if you listen to bills interviews...they(the staff) discuss the game plan and then they go over the plays they think will work and those that they wont from the game plan...(on saturday) im pretty sure obrien is calling the plays...  title or not... in any regard... the offense did not have alot of plays....(run or pass) in the first half and that will lower the overall totals...

the offense has not been great(too inconsistant)...but even saying that we are still 5-1...     this game to me was about execution...I would say on 4th down plays at the two minute mark of the game witht the game on the line... bill obviously has final say...   its still early fellas... lot of football left to be played...and we are in pretty good shape...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien:
    Mt012US, Yeah.  Absolutely. With a lead, and with better disguising and commitment to it, they might run it better than 2.6. Get it? When you get away from what works in the 1st quarter and start staring Moss and then reeling off a formality with a run for show, yes, that is the point. Predictability and sequence of the calls is this issue.  You don't get it.
    Posted by BBReigns

WOW, you really don't know anything about football.....Thanks for proving my point.

If you can't run the ball, you don't keep running it....DUH!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : 20 MINIMUM is the baromoter, I said. I'd prefer it 25+.  25 run, 25 pass should be the target. You referenced a game where the max was 20, where they only  ran it 6 times in the last 3 quarters!  I am in tears here! You just proved my point. This means, the pass and run were too predictable with that kind of imbalance. Get it yet? lol!
    Posted by BBReigns

And they did during that game....they ran it EXACTLY the MINIMUM of 20 times!  So I was right again....there were no games this year where they ran for less than 20 times and lost.....NONE.  Get it?

I count 7 rushes in the last 3 qtrs of the Jests game.....again I prove you are wrong....2.8 ypc  WOW!

we didn't lose the game because we didn't rush the ball more...we lost the game because we didn't execute the plays....

Also nobody runs the ball more in a game when they are losing the game.....unless that is your strength and you have plenty of time on the clock.....rushing isn't our strength.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Bill Eff'n O'Brien:

"Eff'n O'Brien".    Even his first name sounds Irish.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : The fact of the matter is that much like the 07 SB Belichick is crouching in a huddle with his defense coaching them while Brady and the offense are passing 65% of the time, losing time of possession battles and going 3 and out. Belichick has final say on everything in the Pats organization, but from what is shown on television, he is not involved in offensive play calling other then going for it on 4rth downs with the game on the line???
    Posted by TrueChamp

So Belichick isn't involved in the game plan?  And WOW, what channel shows Belichick on every play on offense that he is always with the defensive players?

If O'Brein was that bad, why would Belichick let him call the plays?  he sees the game film, wouldn't he get rid of him if he was that bad? 

Or are the idiot over-reacting fans who are complaining about the play calling, complaining about the wrong thing?  Like execution of the plays.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

I heard Belichick say on the radio that he doesn't call the offensive plays but he does of course listen in and certainly has power of veto.
    Posted by digger0862

That is what I have been saying.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

What position does O'Brien play?It's called execution not blaming the guy calling the plays! My goodness~!Your Oline got beat up up front all day long.Brady was overt hrowing,underthrowing and he was way off himself. I bet if he was in the state of Massachusetts just once over the summer working out on his timing with his WRers rather then playing wet-nurse to his kids while picking out which wallpaper goes best in the guestrooms of his new West Coast mansion maybe none of this would be a problem.We'll address that at length as the season progresses. Brady's skills are diminishing and lets be honest here folks your Oline is weak at best and your Defense falls into that same category. So Gang -How are ya my horribly accented neighbors from the North?
    Posted by MasterHess-

The king of idiots showed up......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : That is what I have been saying.....
    Posted by m1024us

That's what I said as well.

You are just trying to backpedal here to cover yourself.

Of course ANY HEAD COACH CAN VETO.

Wow!  What a revelation, counselor!  Thanks for pointing that out!

Don't lie now. You made it seem like BB overruled O'Brien frequently and signed off on every set of plays.

That's FALSE.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

I thought Sundays game was proof enough.What game were you watching freediro? You should be the President of the Tom Brady Apologists Association.The membership just keeps on growing with every underthrown or overthrown ball!LOL You stated that I don't even know the game.Well freediro I've forgotten more about the greatest game ever played then you will ever know. Brady's skills are obviously diminishing by the minute.Maybe if he focussed on football like every other QB in the League did this past Summer this conversation may not have even come up. And who ever said that Giselle wasn't go to be a distraction?!
    Posted by MasterHess-

there are 2 problems with the bolded sentence.....the Pats won that game....and you shouldn't think...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : That's what I said as well. You are just trying to backpedal here to cover yourself. Of course ANY HEAD COACH CAN VETO. Wow!  What a revelation, counselor!  Thanks for pointing that out! Don't lie now. You made it seem like BB overruled O'Brien frequently and signed off on every set of plays. That's FALSE.  
    Posted by BBReigns

Again, you can't read correctly.....IF THE PLAY CALLING WAS AS BAD AS YOU THINK, THEN BELICHICK WOULD VETO IT.....OTHERWISE HE AGREES WITH THE PLAY CALLING!

We might as well get rid of Belichick since he is obviously the problem in your eyes.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : I am not Russ, whoever that is. Get your facts stratight.  I have never even communicated with you, patsfan76.   I am not even talking about BB here.   I'm actually 100% agreeing with BBreigns, for the record.  Go back and read my original post here.  I am questioning the other Bill - as in O'Brien - and whether he knows what he's doing.  Let's not fool ourselves; O'Brien is the de facto caller on offense; he just goes by a different title. As for the reference to my username, it has nothing to do with what you insinuate.  Again, I am NOT Russ.  Peace.
    Posted by ipot

Then Belichick is the problem.....he is agreeing with O'Brein's play calling....they both must go.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's not true, child.

I don't know how old you are, but if you have ever been involved in business decisions and managament, you don't undermine the people you hired because it looks bad.

You deal with it later, and in this case, if O'Brien is deemed as someone not progressing, you'd make a move after the season.

O'Brien is not BAD, but he needs to improve his gamecalling.

There is no way BB is going to take over like a dictator because it sets a bad precendent.

Go read Patriot Reign, Education of a Coach, Pats Management Secrets Vol 1 and 2, and then get back to us.

You have a very limited grasp of understanding BB's coaching style.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

I thought Sundays game was proof enough.What game were you watching freediro? You should be the President of the Tom Brady Apologists Association.The membership just keeps on growing with every underthrown or overthrown ball!LOL You stated that I don't even know the game.Well freediro I've forgotten more about the greatest game ever played then you will ever know. Brady's skills are obviously diminishing by the minute.Maybe if he focussed on football like every other QB in the League did this past Summer this conversation may not have even come up. And who ever said that Giselle wasn't go to be a distraction?!
    Posted by MasterHess-

That must be why the Yanks lost....Both A-fraud and his boy friend jeter and their multitude of friends took away from their game.....

I guess it could be worse, we could have some lonely dude that likes sucking on hot dogs as a QB......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Then Belichick is the problem.....he is agreeing with O'Brein's play calling....they both must go.....
    Posted by m1024us

Just curious, but with your one dimensional logic, how old are you?  Do you really think everythinig in life is that black and white?

Let me guess: You are 17 years old and think you know everything about the world, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Just curious, but with your one dimensional logic, how old are you?  Do you really think everythinig in life is that black and white? Let me guess: You are 17 years old and think you know everything about the world, right?
    Posted by BBReigns

What is funny is that I obviously know more about football than you do.....

You must be 5, because I have not seen anyone cry about anything as much as you do.....

Hey everyone, rusty implies that we should get rid of Belichick because he agrees with O'Brein's play calling!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Trust me, no, you don't. You proved it  here. 

Hey everyone, did you know, that in the chain of command, BB can overrule Bill O"brien?  Wow!

I did not know that!  Thanks, Mtstool24.

Also, accordinng to this teenie bopper, his Madden team needs a boost, so let's fire Bill O'brien and hire Mike Martz mid season. Yay!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

My 8 and 6 yr olds don't cry as much as this BBreign's Rusty child does......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Trust me, no, you don't. You proved it  here.  Hey everyone, did you know, that in the chain of command, BB can overrule Bill O"brien?  Wow! I did not know that!  Thanks, Mtstool24. Also, accordinng to this teenie bopper, his Madden team needs a boost, so let's fire Bill O'brien and hire Mike Martz mid season. Yay!
    Posted by BBReigns

You are the baby that is crying about it....Maybe we should get rid of Belichick....moron.

BTW, how many times did we carry the ball in the last 3 qtrs of the Jests game?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

6 times.

A total of 20 carries, many of them far too late to affect the approach to calling that game.

FAIL

Staring down Moss 10 times in a row isn't going to cut it, nor are the 2 INTs from Brady as a result of trying to appease Moss.

Running the ball for 9 yards and then sending in spread personnel to go 3 and out in the 1st quarter is not going to cut it.

Get it?

O'Brien is the off. coordinator, not Belichick, Corky.  You think Belichick is going to overrule O'Brien in the first quarters of games?

Did you have kids at age 14?  So that makes you 22?  Ok, sorry. But, you are still pretty clueless.

You call this "crying"?  I call it pointing out a problem. Is this part of the last step of your backpedal away from this discussion?

We all hope so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

only an idiot would want us to run the ball more when we are down and the run is not working.......Rusty?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, patience and using plays to open the run or counter why they know it's a run is just dumb in a close game where you have a 14-10 lead.

How dumb.

Are you Josh McDaniels channeling SB 42, Mtstool?

Sections
Shortcuts