Bill Eff'n O'Brien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien:
    6 times. A total of 20 carries, many of them far too late to affect the approach to calling that game. FAIL Staring down Moss 10 times in a row isn't going to cut it, nor are the 2 INTs from Brady as a result of trying to appease Moss. Running the ball for 9 yards and then sending in spread personnel to go 3 and out in the 1st quarter is not going to cut it. Get it? O'Brien is the off. coordinator, not Belichick, Corky.  You think Belichick is going to overrule O'Brien in the first quarters of games? Did you have kids at age 14?  So that makes you 22?  Ok, sorry. But, you are still pretty clueless. You call this "crying"?  I call it pointing out a problem. Is this part of the last step of your backpedal away from this discussion? We all hope so.
    Posted by BBReigns

WRONG!  Moron can't even count!  7 times for 20 yards!  A whopping 2.8 ypc.  WOW!  This proves that you are in grade school....

I really don't thinkt hat O'Brien told Brady to throw it to Moss to make him happy, do you?  Did O'brein tell Brady to throw the ball to the opposing players?

Might want to learn a little about football.....just a little might help...but then again, I am talking to someone who can't count.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : WRONG!  Moron can't even count!  7 times for 20 yards!  A whopping 2.8 ypc.  WOW!  This proves that you are in grade school.... I really don't thinkt hat O'Brien told Brady to throw it to Moss to make him happy, do you?  Did O'brein tell Brady to throw the ball to the opposing players? Might want to learn a little about football.....just a little might help...but then again, I am talking to someone who can't count.
    Posted by m1024us

What? They ran the ball 20 total times in the game, not 20 yards.

Christ, are you dumb or what?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : What? They ran the ball 20 total times in the game, not 20 yards. Christ, are you dumb or what?
    Posted by BBReigns

LOL!  That is your comeback?  playing dumb and not following with what we are talking about?

How many yards did the Pats get in the last 3 quarters of the Jests game off of 7 rushes? 20 yards in the last 3 qtrs off of 7 rushes is 2.85 rushes per carry.....and you wanted them to keep doing that?  When they are down? pure idiocy.

PS, I love the childish insults when you are losing a discussion.....very mature.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Childish insults?   Anyone can go back and see you initiated all of this, child.

You are a troll.   Go away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Childish insults?   Anyone can go back and see you initiated all of this, child. You are a troll.   Go away.
    Posted by BBReigns

Once again, you rely on childish insults instead of the topic because you have been proven WRONG.

lets re-live the Jests game.....

NE scores the go ahead TD with 53 seconds until half.... NE14 NY7

at half time NE is only up 14 to 10.....

3rd qtr

NY punts on 1st posessions

NE attempted 5 passes and converted 4 for 19 yds (avg 4.75yds per comp) and ran the ball once for -1 yd (that is avg -1 yd per att) before Brady threw the INT.

NY next posession FG (NE 14 NY 13)

NE next posession 1 rush (1yd), 2 pass att 0 comp...punt.

NY next posession TD and 2 pt conv (NE 14 NY 21)

So in the time that NE had the lead, they passed it 7 attempts with 4 completions for 19 yds, ran it twice for 0 yds.

So in that small window (2 times that the Pats had the ball with the lead) you wanted to rush it more when we were not having any success at all.....and we have a QB like Brady and a receiver like Moss and Welker you would rather run it with lawfirm who was avg 0 yds per carry?

I think that your nit-picking is pathetic and a waste of time.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, run the ball.

How hard is this?

When the play calls are 60/40 pass to run, the Pats lose to good Ds. Go look up the data.

Even go back to 2008 with Cassel.

I could see if NE was behind, but they weren't.  Get it?  If you abandon your predictable "for effect/for show" run game early in the game, the D has won.

1.  They know when you bring in Maroney or now, BJGE, it's very likely a run.
    2.  They know you really want to pass, because you are clearly favoring the pass over the run at an increased rate.

NE can run a spread with Brady drunk and high for 3 hours against a mediocre or  bad team.

Against good or great Ds, they cannot do that. That's the premise.  Either dispel it with data and other context or forget it.

Let's do this:

Start a thread with a poll asking if fans think Bill O'Brien needs to improve his playcalling against good Ds.

Go ahead. We'll see what fans here think and if I (and others) are "nitpicking".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Yes, run the ball. How hard is this? When the play calls are 60/40 pass to run, the Pats lose to good Ds. Go look up the data. Even go back to 2008 with Cassel. I could see if NE was behind, but they weren't.  Get it?  If you abandon your predictable "for effect/for show" run game early in the game, the D has won. 1.  They know when you bring in Maroney or now, BJGE, it's very likely a run. 2.  They know you really want to pass, because you are clearly favoring the pass over the run at an increased rate. NE can run a spread with Brady drunk and high for 3 hours against a mediocre or  bad team. Against good or great Ds, they cannot do that. That's the premise.  Either dispel it with data and other context or forget it. Let's do this: Start a thread with a poll asking if fans think Bill O'Brien needs to improve his playcalling against good Ds. Go ahead. We'll see what fans here think and if I (and others) are "nitpicking".
    Posted by BBReigns

Sorry buddy, but when the run is not working, then you have to avoid it.....especially when you have Brady one of the best QB's in the league.  The O-line is more of a pass blocking line than a run blocking line.....

just face it, we are a pass first offense....just the way that it used to be back in the Dynasty years....has nothing to do with O'Brein and more to do with Belichick......

If you want to get rid of O'Brien, then you want to get reid of Belichick.....it is that simple.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When has the "run not worked" other than cherry picking one instance where they ran it and didn't go anywhere... btw the run game is more predictable than the passing attack.

The defense has carried this team when needed most, you can sling stats back and forth but what you'll see if you actually watch the game is the passing game is only effective when we run... yeah I said it. 

Last game we were 0-7 on third down conversions in the first half, the chargers turned the ball over 4 times and we only converted one touchdown... coincedentially on a play action after some great running.

By the way the Cowboys are one of the best passing teams in the NFL according to yards... how is that working out for them?

50/50 run to pass ratio is confusing, it is the basis for the term "balanced offense," to argue against this simply because we have a winning record is silly.  We'll get bounced so fast from the playoffs, once again, if we pretend we can pass our way to a championship. 

Funny, I thought the defense was going to be frustrating to watch this season, turns out to be the opposite...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Chosing not to carry a FB has to be a Belichick decision.  Who else carries 5 RBs on a roster?  And that's really alright.  It has to do with Brady being in that damnedable shotgun.  He needs to be under center more.  It delivers more mystery to the offense.  Draw, option, screen or pass? 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"Last game we were 0-7 on third down conversions in the first half, the chargers turned the ball over 4 times and we only converted one touchdown... coincedentially on a play action after some great running." Wozzy, what great running went on in that game, I really cant remember.  Not being an a ss, but I really dont.  I thought we got on track by finding Deion twice and hitting Welker and I recall one successful run by Danny that got us like 5 to 6 yards.  We did end it with a playaction pass, but Like I always said, you dont need a running to game to execute playaction against agressive teams, they always bite up.  When MOss was here we didnt have a running game either, but we took the playaction out the offense. All of a sudden we get Deion and can playaction?? Its not from getting more production from the running game. Benny and Danny  ran for like 48 yards on Sunday.
    Posted by patsfan76

Woodhead was breaking off at least 5 yards a clip the few runs he was allowed, Ellis never got a chance to work, watchthe game again...  not having a running game and not using it are two different things entirely.  Even if the defense is controlling your running game you keep them honest...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

There's no reason to complain about this offense ... it has gone up against the best defenses in the league and won.  So what if most drives didn't end with points - that is what happens when any offense goes up against a good defense.  The Pats offense has done better against its opponents than any other team in the NFL:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/

So in the immortal words of Taz, get on board the O'Brien train or get the f*** off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

When has the "run not worked" other than cherry picking one instance where they ran it and didn't go anywhere... btw the run game is more predictable than the passing attack. The defense has carried this team when needed most, you can sling stats back and forth but what you'll see if you actually watch the game is the passing game is only effective when we run... yeah I said it.  Last game we were 0-7 on third down conversions in the first half, the chargers turned the ball over 4 times and we only converted one touchdown... coincedentially on a play action after some great running. By the way the Cowboys are one of the best passing teams in the NFL according to yards... how is that working out for them? 50/50 run to pass ratio is confusing, it is the basis for the term "balanced offense," to argue against this simply because we have a winning record is silly.  We'll get bounced so fast from the playoffs, once again, if we pretend we can pass our way to a championship.  Funny, I thought the defense was going to be frustrating to watch this season, turns out to be the opposite...
    Posted by wozzy

Face it, we are not a 50-50 balanced offense....we are a pass first offense and we have been for over 10 years now.....you must be a new fan.....

Are you telling me that you want to take the ball out of one of the best QB's in the NFL's hands more?  That makes no sense.....

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I did not think this thread would still be going, but apparently no one has won the p*ssing contest yet.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I was just thinking the same thing.

BTW- Your outa your F@#$KIN" element here Donnie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

hahahahahahaha   Jesus -"Nobody f*cks with the Jesus" Walter: "....8 year olds dude....8 year olds"
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Dude,
    I had Buddies die Face down in the mud so that we could have the right to post on this fine thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm finishing my coffee Dude!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : So Belichick isn't involved in the game plan?  And WOW, what channel shows Belichick on every play on offense that he is always with the defensive players? If O'Brein was that bad, why would Belichick let him call the plays?  he sees the game film, wouldn't he get rid of him if he was that bad?  Or are the idiot over-reacting fans who are complaining about the play calling, complaining about the wrong thing?  Like execution of the plays.....
    Posted by m1024us

Easy Big Cat. I am simply saying that Belichick is in fact our DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR. This is not debatable. Matt Patricia(do you even know who he is?) is not the guy this year. When does the DC coach his defense? While the offense is on the field. If you do not see this then you spend more time on the internet then you do watching football on Sundays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"Last game we were 0-7 on third down conversions in the first half, the chargers turned the ball over 4 times and we only converted one touchdown... coincedentially on a play action after some great running." Wozzy, what great running went on in that game, I really cant remember.  Not being an a ss, but I really dont.  I thought we got on track by finding Deion twice and hitting Welker and I recall one successful run by Danny that got us like 5 to 6 yards.  We did end it with a playaction pass, but Like I always said, you dont need a running to game to execute playaction against agressive teams, they always bite up.  When MOss was here we didnt have a running game either, but we took the playaction out the offense. All of a sudden we get Deion and can playaction?? Its not from getting more production from the running game. Benny and Danny  ran for like 48 yards on Sunday.
    Posted by patsfan76

This statement counters the rest of your post. With Moss in 07 and 08 I believe we were somewhere in the top 12 of running teams in the league. More importantly I don't understand how you could possibly surmise that you don;t need a running game to run play action? It is predicated on the run. My buddy's 2 year old child looked up at me last Sunday and said, and I quote, "buubbbargarl, bbuuubbbaaaargghhosty" Translation= We need to run the damn football"

Sections
Shortcuts