Bill Eff'n O'Brien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien

So, really, we agree.

You implied he was calling the plays over O'Brien.  Like I said, he's rarely  if ever undermining the people he hired to do their jobs. 

Like ANY head coach, finally say, lies with them. I figured this was understood.

You think he does it more than I do, so we disagree there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Jeez, killa. Don't even insinuate Rusty is a little defensive and he'll be all over you!

Seriously rusty, take a chill pill. The pats are winning, be happy! The sky is blue and the pats are rolling. 

I just don't get it. Do you want a reward for being a knowledgeable fan? Do you want people to gawk at your incredibly football knowledge? I just don't get it. What's the end game?  It's great that you're passionate, but people would actually listen to you more if you weren't so confrontational. Also, being so defensive about everything (and calling people trolls immediately after they disagree with you) is annoying. Other people have opinions too, and it's not your job to jump on them if you disagree (especially if it's regarding a stupid comment).

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : I know. I am just saying, I don't get the homer comment in my direction. I am objective and critical. And yes, I love the Pats or I wouldn't be here. I was pegged with that because I said fans were crazy to knee jerk in August in September. I have been very consistent here. I also begged for TEs pre draft and people said we don't use them. Well?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: BBReigns Makes No Case

In Response to Re: BBReigns Makes No Case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BBReigns Makes No Case : BINGO!  Or there is the alternative and qwe could sound like the babies crying about the play calling.....LOL!
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

No, it's not bingo. At all.

This team runs less than 20 times per game and they lose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]35 second half points in Miami?  What? They scored two TDs on blocked kicks and one was a Def INT for TD. He helped the offense score only 14 points on offense after two FGs in the first half. Don't lie.  It won't work.  14 points from O'Brien in the second half because they ran it more. I don't want it to take a whole entire half before he can disguise and put together good play calls.  Bill O'Brien had NE behind against Buffalo in the first half, only with a late FG making NE come away with 17 points. Up to that point, they barely eeked out two TDs in the first half, lleaving Buffalo with incredible field position to score their points. You enjoy these 3 and outs? I don't. NY Jets Game? ZERO points in the second half. Why? 6 Total runs from qtr 2-- />4. NOT GOING TO CUT IT.

translation:  Whhhhaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I don't like being the #1 scoring Offense!  Change my Diaper!!!  WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Dude, you sound like a spoiled child....get over yourself.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez, killa. Don't even insinuate Rusty is a little defensive and he'll be all over you! Seriously rusty, take a chill pill. The pats are winning, be happy! The sky is blue and the pats are rolling.  I just don't get it. Do you want a reward for being a knowledgeable fan? Do you want people to gawk at your incredibly football knowledge? I just don't get it. What's the end game?  It's great that you're passionate, but people would actually listen to you more if you weren't so confrontational. Also, being so defensive about everything (and calling people trolls immediately after they disagree with you) is annoying. Other people have opinions too, and it's not your job to jump on them if you disagree (especially if it's regarding a stupid comment). In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don';t care what you think.  

Choosing to be ignorant due to some strange perceived conduct on a board is bizarre.

You can ignore facts all day long if you choose, too.

NE must run the ball in order to make this passing offense go.  I don't know why fans saw this recipe work for 3 SB rings and now pretend it doesn't need to happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]So, really, we agree. You implied he was calling the plays over O'Brien.  Like I said, he's rarely  if ever undermining the people he hired to do their jobs.  Like ANY head coach, finally say, lies with them. I figured this was understood. You think he does it more than I do, so we disagree there.

Wow, you really don't know how to comprehend English.....If Belichick doesn't like the play, then he will change it.....

And you agree that if you don't like the play calling...then you must think that we should get rid of Belichick?  because it is understood that he has the final say and is ultimately responsible for the team.....

try using common sense....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: BBReigns Makes No Case

In Response to Re: BBReigns Makes No Case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BBReigns Makes No Case : No, it's not bingo. At all. This team runs less than 20 times per game and they lose.

and yet, we have no losses where we ran for less than 20 times per game.....

common sense...

it is bingo, when someone makes sense and uses their brain.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You're an idiot if you think you can call the plays better than O'Brien.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]O'Brien is a liability.  The playbook must be taken away from him and given to all on this board who " love " him and see nothing wrong with what he's doing to this offense. They love him so much that they will follow him to his next coaching job. THEN, they are true supporters.   Me?  I root for the Patriots.  The team.  No single player or coach is above the team winning.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I don't think that there is anyone here that loves O'Brien......but saying that he is a liability while pledging loyalty to your team is hypocracy.....

You might as well get rid of Belichick....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Wow, you really don't know how to comprehend English.....If Belichick doesn't like the play, then he will change it..... And you agree that if you don't like the play calling...then you must think that we should get rid of Belichick?  because it is understood that he has the final say and is ultimately responsible for the team..... try using common sense....

Umm, no you don't know that. This is where we differ. You assume you know and act like you are on the sidelines.

He might not like the play but may choose not to change it to allow the guy being paid to do his job to do it.

You know, it's called empowerment in your job?

Do you think he stands over Scarnecchia too? lol

Why do you think Dean Pees is no longer here, counselor?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

O'Brien is awful! The Pats offense is just as bad. They only show up for one drive the entire game! I'm not being unrealistic and expecting the offense to score on every single drive, I just don't want to see 4 straight 3 and outs in a game. Most of the time the Pats only moved the ball on penalties. 

They just look awful. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : I don't think that there is anyone here that loves O'Brien......but saying that he is a liability while pledging loyalty to your team is hypocracy..... You might as well get rid of Belichick....

Don't try to talk down to me again until you learn how to spell.

"hypocrisy".

You're welcome.

You have this assumption that BB makes a follow up decision on every call and that's FALSE.

Sometimes he is on the bench with the D as Brady is getting calls from O'Brien.

Case closed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Maybe the lack of running is because the O line cannot make holes.  I read that it is built to protect for the pass, not to smash the D line for running lanes.
    Also, Chargers D is rated one of the best in the league, and they looked damn good yesterday.
    Time of possession is tricky.  Against Miami we had much less possession as well. It only takes 10 seconds for a kickoff return TD.  Pats have been on the short end of possession more this year.  Yesterday's game was one where the Pats played lousy of offense but took advantage of mistakes to win.  They had their share of mistakes too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Ipot, It would be cool if you inserted the word "smoke" between the "I" and "Pot" in your name....jus sayin... Russ, I had an ephinanay last week, care to spellcheck that. I thought we could be on this board together with out incident, but it seems you have reverted back to your old ways. You get on this guys case, sayin "you dont know what Bill does"  and then proceed to basically tell him "what Bill Does"  atleast he is backing up his info from an intvw with the man himself, which I can attest to.  He steps in when needed, it doesnt mean he babies his assistants, it means he probably only sais something on key, crucial plays....but dont take that as fact.  I really dont know what they talk about on the sidelines...but I can guess....
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

He started in on me. Again, go to the source of the instigator.

I did nothing. I also disagree with his premise that BB stands there and winks at O'Brien every time O'Brien calls out the plays to Brady.

I am just not buying it.  He took umbrage with me saying O'Brien needs to wake up, when he said I should ask for BB's resignation, which implies he thinks I am giving BB a pass.

That's not true.  BB is the coach and I will ultimately point the finger at him if O'Brien can't playcall with this weaponry.

I applaud BB for firing Dean Pees.

Bill O'Brien is on a trial period here. Pees failed, and I think O'Brien has to prove himself here.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's somewhat true, but look at Denver's Shanahan lines. Smaller, more athletic, great run games.

Don't equate size to how they see the offense. This is a very good run blocking O Line when they commit to the run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Umm, no you don't know that. This is where we differ. You assume you know and act like you are on the sidelines. He might not like the play but may choose not to change it to allow the guy being paid to do his job to do it. You know, it's called empowerment in your job? Do you think he stands over Scarnecchia too? lol Why do you think Dean Pees is no longer here, counselor?

LOL!  belichick wants to win, do you really think that he would allow a play that he doesn't like to be called?!?!  That is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard!  My boss would never allow me to make a decision that would hurt the company (not that I would).....please use common sense.

Also you are telling me things and acting like you are the sidelines, pot meet kettle?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Don't try to talk down to me again until you learn how to spell. "hypocrisy". You're welcome. You have this assumption that BB makes a follow up decision on every call and that's FALSE. Sometimes he is on the bench with the D as Brady is getting calls from O'Brien. Case closed.

LOL!  If you are being stupid, then I will talk down to you...no matter if I spell a word wrong or not......

Please use common sense.....I never said that he makes a follow up decision on every call......did I?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]"NE must run the ball in order to make this passing offense go.  I don't know why fans saw this recipe work for 3 SB rings and now pretend it doesn't need to happen." This issue must be taken up with Billicheck , No? Seems to me we are 5-1 and I cant remember us dominating any of those games via the run. Maybe we wont win because of a lack of running game, but I dont think thats the argument.  The real question should be ,. "Does your Coach still believe in this philosophy?".  Billicheck likes Brady a lot.  Remember when Randy 1st got here, 1st thing he did is ask if he can throw a pass.  The answer was "Brady is the only guy that throws the ball" 1st week in Minny on the 1st play of the 1st drive, what happened?  Randy is thowing the ball, and it didnt work......Shocker!  My point is, regardless of what you think works or what we should do, if you dont see it happening, Its not in the gameplan.

Sure, but it's not going to happen right after O'Brien or Patricia/BB have a less than stellar game calling plays.

This is my point.

This all can be evaluated at the end of the season, but you'd have to be somewhat in denial that O'Brien is doing well calling games, when it's clear he hasn't really called a good, full game, other than maybe Baltimore last week.

Finally, last time, we don't have to "dominate" with the run.  Sheesh.

Just be able to show it and continue to show with solid results.

Have you looked up the games in 2009 and this eyar where they don't run it 20+ times yet?

There's your answer.

NE ran it more than 20+ times in New Orleans last year, with the majority of those carries being in the first half prior to going ontto taking, what should have been a 17-3 lead, prior to Brady's INT.

Don't discount this team's run game even against good Ds.

Sometimes an attitude on the field means you can run it well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : LOL!  If you are being stupid, then I will talk down to you...no matter if I spell a word wrong or not...... Please use common sense.....I never said that he makes a follow up decision on every call......did I?

You certainly implied it.  You said BB is the one to talk to with regards to offensive play calls.

That sure sounds like you think BB calls the plays.  lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]Ipot, It would be cool if you inserted the word "smoke" between the "I" and "Pot" in your name....jus sayin... Russ, I had an ephinanay last week, care to spellcheck that. I thought we could be on this board together with out incident, but it seems you have reverted back to your old ways. You get on this guys case, sayin "you dont know what Bill does"  and then proceed to basically tell him "what Bill Does"  atleast he is backing up his info from an intvw with the man himself, which I can attest to.  He steps in when needed, it doesnt mean he babies his assistants, it means he probably only sais something on key, crucial plays....but dont take that as fact.  I really dont know what they talk about on the sidelines...but I can guess....

Now here is a guy that knows how to read and understands what I am saying....with evidence to back it up.

thank you for your understanding....

Sections
Shortcuts