Bill Eff'n O'Brien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien:

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : You certainly implied it.  You said BB is the one to talk to with regards to offensive play calls. That sure sounds like you think BB calls the plays.  lol
    Posted by BBReigns

He is responsible for the plays being called.....If BB didn't like the crutial calls on 4th down, he would change it.....

Also, I believe that the whole coaching staff works together on preparing for the game plan....Belichick has a say in that too, one can make an accurate assumption on that.....then Belichick is to blame as well as O' Brien.....so let's get rid of all of them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : He is responsible for the plays being called.....If BB didn't like the crutial calls on 4th down, he would change it..... Also, I believe that the whole coaching staff works together on preparing for the game plan....Belichick has a say in that too, one can make an accurate assumption on that.....then Belichick is to blame as well as O' Brien.....so let's get rid of all of them!
    Posted by m1024us

Umm, I am pretty sure BB calls the 4th down plays, counselor.

Here you are trying to talk down to me and you think Bill O'Brien is calling 4th down calls without the Off Coordinator title next to his name. lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Sure, but it's not going to happen right after O'Brien or Patricia/BB have a less than stellar game calling plays. This is my point. This all can be evaluated at the end of the season, but you'd have to be somewhat in denial that O'Brien is doing well calling games, when it's clear he hasn't really called a good, full game, other than maybe Baltimore last week. Finally, last time, we don't have to "dominate" with the run.  Sheesh. Just be able to show it and continue to show with solid results. Have you looked up the games in 2009 and this eyar where they don't run it 20+ times yet? There's your answer. NE ran it more than 20+ times in New Orleans last year, with the majority of those carries being in the first half prior to going ontto taking, what should have been a 17-3 lead, prior to Brady's INT. Don't discount this team's run game even against good Ds. Sometimes an attitude on the field means you can run it well.
    Posted by BBReigns

Do you understand the concept of EXECUTION OF PLAYS?  If a play is called and the players do not execute the play properly, how is that O'Brein's fault?

get a grip.....

The Pats have not lost a game this year when running less than 20 times....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Umm, I am pretty sure BB calls the 4th down plays, counselor. Here you are trying to talk down to me and you think Bill O'Brien is calling 4th down calls without the Off Coordinator title next to his name. lol
    Posted by BBReigns

good, you are following me....

now follow this.....Get rid of Belichick and your complaining should stop.....right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Do you understand the concept of EXECUTION OF PLAYS?  If a play is called and the players do not execute the play properly, how is that O'Brein's fault? get a grip..... The Pats have not lost a game this year when running less than 20 times....
    Posted by m1024us

Of course if they don't execute it's the player's fault, child.

Second, yes, they have. They lost to the Jets because they ran it only 6 times from qtr 2-- />4.

lol!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Fair enough. I am done complaining.  It's just frustrating. We sat here all last year as the media blamed the D for losing games, whenin reality, the offense blew all those games. The fans think the D is the problem and it isn't! The offense. And O'Brien almost blew it again This guy constanlyt gets let off the hook. It's "Matt Light was terrible", "Dan Connolly was pulled for RYan Wendell", etc, etc, etc. The playcalling can help the O Line.  Good point to focus on the good stuff.  The D is coming of age and they make plays. Great contributions from all.
    Posted by BBReigns

Russ, Russ, Russ......I say thank you! Finally there are a few fans that are speaking out and saying their noticed concerns. Im sick of MightyPatsram calling everyone a troll for saying anything he considers negative, but what else can we expect from a belligerent malcontent inane drone!
    Yes there are good things to look at and discuss, but truth remains, Obrien is not pro football ready, he is college level at best.
    Matt Light needs to go, period. From what I have seen they need to let Benny run and Woodhead also, Woodhead breaks tackles and has great moves. Gronkowski should be thrown the ball for 5 yard routes that he will run for at least 5 more. Im sick of this long ball crap, you dont need it if your running game and short yardage game are doing the job.
    Oh well, what can you do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

Sometimes he is on the bench with the D as Brady is getting calls from O'Brien.

Case closed.

GAME, SET, MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Of course if they don't execute it's the player's fault, child. Second, yes, they have. They lost to the Jets because they ran it only 6 times from qtr 2-- />4. lol!
    Posted by BBReigns

they ran it 20 times that game against the Jests!  you said per game not per quarter......that would be impossible to run it 20 times per quarter.....

So how is it O'Brein's fault that the plays didn't work if the players didn't execute it correctly?  Hmmmm?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Sometimes he is on the bench with the D as Brady is getting calls from O'Brien. Case closed.     GAME, SET, MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Hannahman

LOL!  What case?  please stay on topic.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : they ran it 20 times that game against the Jests!  you said per game not per quarter......that would be impossible to run it 20 times per quarter..... So how is it O'Brein's fault that the plays didn't work if the players didn't execute it correctly?  Hmmmm?
    Posted by m1024us

Right, 20 minimum and only 6 times with the lead from qtr 2-- />4.

You are proving my point.  Anything not over 20+ is a loss.

Do you like walking into walls over and over?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Right, 20 minimum and only 6 times with the lead from qtr 2-- />4. You are proving my point.  Anything not over 20+ is a loss. Do you like walking into walls over and over?
    Posted by BBReigns

You said nothing about how many times with a lead....

I walk into a wall because you are not making sense....

Lets see, you said that the Pats will not win if they run under 20 times per game.....and the only loss they had they didn't run under 20 times.  YOU ARE WRONG!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Right, 20 minimum and only 6 times with the lead from qtr 2-- />4. You are proving my point.  Anything not over 20+ is a loss. Do you like walking into walls over and over?
    Posted by BBReigns

The Pats averaged 2.6 YPC and you wanted them to run MORE?  WOW!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My memory could be off, but it seems to me that this season the Pats do much better when Brady is under center. Spread formations with Brady in the shotgun seem to produce a lot of incomplete passes.  If I were to critique the offensive play calling it would be mostly because of the heavy reliance on spread/shotgun formations, which are resulting in too many drive-killing incompletions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Mt012US,

Yeah.  Absolutely. With a lead, and with better disguising and commitment to it, they might run it better than 2.6. Get it?

When you get away from what works in the 1st quarter and start staring Moss and then reeling off a formality with a run for show, yes, that is the point.

Predictability and sequence of the calls is this issue.  You don't get it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : You said nothing about how many times with a lead.... I walk into a wall because you are not making sense.... Lets see, you said that the Pats will not win if they run under 20 times per game.....and the only loss they had they didn't run under 20 times.  YOU ARE WRONG!
    Posted by m1024us

20 MINIMUM is the baromoter, I said. I'd prefer it 25+.  25 run, 25 pass should be the target.

You referenced a game where the max was 20, where they only  ran it 6 times in the last 3 quarters!  I am in tears here!

You just proved my point.

This means, the pass and run were too predictable with that kind of imbalance.

Get it yet?

lol!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : LOL!  belichick wants to win, do you really think that he would allow a play that he doesn't like to be called?!?!  That is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard!  My boss would never allow me to make a decision that would hurt the company (not that I would).....please use common sense. Also you are telling me things and acting like you are the sidelines, pot meet kettle?
    Posted by m1024us

The fact of the matter is that much like the 07 SB Belichick is crouching in a huddle with his defense coaching them while Brady and the offense are passing 65% of the time, losing time of possession battles and going 3 and out. Belichick has final say on everything in the Pats organization, but from what is shown on television, he is not involved in offensive play calling other then going for it on 4rth downs with the game on the line???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I heard Belichick say on the radio that he doesn't call the offensive plays but he does of course listen in and certainly has power of veto.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I agree with your point. I'm just saying other people could have differing viewpoints and be wrong, which is fine. It doesn't make them bad fans or bad people. 

In Response to Re: Bill Eff'n O'Brien : Honestly, I don';t care what you think.   Choosing to be ignorant due to some strange perceived conduct on a board is bizarre. You can ignore facts all day long if you choose, too. NE must run the ball in order to make this passing offense go.  I don't know why fans saw this recipe work for 3 SB rings and now pretend it doesn't need to happen.
    Posted by BBReigns

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'm on the Pats bandwagon but getting rid of Moss midseason was a stupid mood. People are foolish to think the offense will be as good. They are basically going through preseason midway through the season. I hope they figure it out, we have the Colts and Steelers coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

How are you leon? Did the yankees win as you predicted? Your predictions blow, just like your thoughts!!!

Wait.............

You played DIV1 football right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You played center right...at 250lbs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

What position does O'Brien play?It's called execution not blaming the guy calling the plays! My goodness~!Your Oline got beat up up front all day long.Brady was overt hrowing,underthrowing and he was way off himself. I bet if he was in the state of Massachusetts just once over the summer working out on his timing with his WRers rather then playing wet-nurse to his kids while picking out which wallpaper goes best in the guestrooms of his new West Coast mansion maybe none of this would be a problem.We'll address that at length as the season progresses. Brady's skills are diminishing and lets be honest here folks your Oline is weak at best and your Defense falls into that same category. So Gang -How are ya my horribly accented neighbors from the North?
    Posted by MasterHess-
    ugh its you.....
    All you do is talk but never have any proof or evidence to back up your statements, no facts, NOTHING! Thus your words mean NOTHING, please just go away. I know you wish your team was 5-1 or had a clutch QB with 3 SB rings(fact) and the best coach in the league(opinion). See how personal opinions and facts differ just slightly. You are like the Charger fans I had to deal with yesterday, you don't even know the game. The Pats D has done what they need to do, they have helped us get to 5-1, they are young and do have a lot to work on. BTW our offense is ranked the most efficient, here is something you might want to read. Although I know factual evidence is hard for you to comprehend.

Thanks for playing

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Leon the yankees won right? You predicted it right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What position does O'Brien play?It's called execution not blaming the guy calling the plays! My goodness~!Your Oline got beat up up front all day long.Brady was overt hrowing,underthrowing and he was way off himself. I bet if he was in the state of Massachusetts just once over the summer working out on his timing with his WRers rather then playing wet-nurse to his kids while picking out which wallpaper goes best in the guestrooms of his new West Coast mansion maybe none of this would be a problem.We'll address that at length as the season progresses. Brady's skills are diminishing and lets be honest here folks your Oline is weak at best and your Defense falls into that same category. So Gang -How are ya my horribly accented neighbors from the North?
    Posted by MasterHess-

Matt Cassel has better numbers than Marky Hair Gel Sanchez.  lol!

Sections
Shortcuts