Bill Go Get'em

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

Bill Go Get'em

The Pats should go get Marshawn Lynch. There is a crowded backfield in Buffalo and I think that though our backfield is crowded as well, he will move to the top of our depth chart. He is better than any back that we have. Spiller and Jackson all but got their jobs in Buffalo. Imagine the weapons Brady would have. Moss, Lynch, Holt, Edleman, Welker(when he returns-if healthy). And he is a BB type player. No not the attitude, the running style, he is a football player, will go for those extra yards. Straight up beast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Bill Go Get'em

If he wanted a beast of a RB he could have drafted Blount. He's looking for versatility in his RB's. Marshawn Lynch is a straight ahead runner but by no means is he the bomb. Here's hoping that Pat Paschall makes the team. Guy follows blockers better than every RB on this team outside of Faulk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd be surprised if it happend, he's had off the field problems since high school.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Go Get'em:
    sportsbozo1, I have to disagree with you. Marshawn if added to this roster would be the top RB. He is a 1,000 yard rusher. He is not the best RB in the game but he is definitely in the top 10. Given he played for a mediocre or below-average team. The Pats line could make him even more disgusting than he was. He is not afraid of anything on that field. And with the proper coaching he could return to dominance.
    Posted by Bostonman1025

...if he were amenable to the proper coaching given by BB and staff....and that is a big IF....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Go Get'em : In the Maroney thread I asked who is a 2nd tier guy to replace Maroney. I agree that lynch might be that guy, but there are character issues, and he is not versatile.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

What has he done to this point for anybody to think he's better than Maroney?

2009:
    Lynch       120 carries, 450 yds, 3.8 per, 2 TDs;
    Maroney   194 carries, 757 yds, 3.9 per, 9 TDs

Career:
    Lynch     650/2,601/4.0/17 TDs
    Maroney 582/2,430/4.2/21 TDs

Maroney is better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

Because unless BB can get someone in the Adrien Peterson category, his vision for the RB position has them: 1/ get the necessary short yardage to convert first downs when called for; and 2/ help take time off the clock to preserve a lead late in the game. Yes, there are guys like Kevin Faulk that can catch passes when needed or pick up a blitzing LB or DB....otherwise, the NE version of a spread offense will continue....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Living in Ontario I am forced to have to see almost all the Bills game.  Lynch by far has been their best player on the field.  He would be a straight ahead runner and would never give up negative years ala Maroney.  No dancing hitting the hole hard he reminds me a little of Dillon.  He would help this offence no doubt.  I like 2nd and 6 rather than 2nd and 11.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DogenHanda. Show DogenHanda's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Go Get'em : So, BB would prefer not to run the ball, use the clock, control the tempo, wear down the opponents?
    Posted by bjesuss

BB would try to run the ball, IMHO, between 30-40% of the time...but only to keep the other team honest....remember, that most of Welker's catches were in the 4-10 yard range...thus serving as a substitute for rushing plays that may be called by most other teams....until Welker comes back into the lineup, I see Edelman and Hernandez filling that role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What I can't figure out is why the Pats didn't go after the great Thomas Jones. I mean, c'mon, he had 1400+ yards last year.  Obvioulsy, he's still got the goods.  Who's in charge in Foxboro?   Ever since Pioli left, it seems like it's all in shambles.
    Posted by bjesuss

Yeah, can you believe the clueless Jets letting that guy go? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Go Get'em : Have you seen the Bills OL? If Lynch did that with their OL, he is better than I thought. Bills must have one of the worse OLs in the league - just ask TBC!!!
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

According to half the folks on this board, the Pats line is atrocious, especially in the running game.  And if the Bills line is that bad then Fred Jackson is the next Jim Brown.  He went for 237 carries, 1,062 yds and 4.5 per running behind that same line. 

Lynch is not a good back, he's worse than Maroney. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I think you will se Paschall make the team and they will "sink or swim" so to speak with Morris, Taylor, Maroney, Faulk, And Paschall. Green is the guy on the outs right now. I think BB will do something for a RB in the 2011 draft maybe Ingram or I wouldn't be suprised if Jordan Todman, Connecticut wasn't on BB's short list. They will have a shot at one of them for sure in the 2011 Draft.

As far as Lynch... I don't want him, he will be no better then Maroney in my opinion. And I don't see it happening BB is bringing in only players with great character right now. He might be willing to bring another Dillon/Moss in by 2011 but not this season... time to restock the shelves with character and leadership.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

you guys must be the same people who thought we were trading for marshall, drafting dez bryant, and keeping AD. havent you figured out yet how they are doing things this year???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I believe we will have to just wait on the Pats running back situation.  Usually BB checks out what he has during these Mini camps/OTA's - once he checks out what he has, then he access's from there.  The final roster really isn't set until late August/early Sept....If BB feels he needs another RB to add, I would hope he goes and finds one before it's too late.  OR any other position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Marshawn Lynch just runs people over.  Unfortunately they're in the crosswalk when this happens, at 3:00 a.m. in the Buffalo bar district.  The guy is a bad egg, good for one extra loss because of his drinking influence on his teammates, and also because he can't do anything right off the field.  He's an asset to the Patriots where he is now, in Buffalo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Bill Go Get'em:
    The Pats should go get Marshawn Lynch. There is a crowded backfield in Buffalo and I think that though our backfield is crowded as well, he will move to the top of our depth chart. He is better than any back that we have. Spiller and Jackson all but got their jobs in Buffalo. Imagine the weapons Brady would have. Moss, Lynch, Holt, Edleman, Welker(when he returns-if healthy). And he is a BB type player. No not the attitude, the running style, he is a football player, will go for those extra yards. Straight up beast.
    Posted by Bostonman1025

Why would you like to see this moron in a Patriots' uniform? Perhaps you haven't heard:  http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/01/08/917050/marshawn-lynch-accused-of-stealing.html 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

ah no! lynch is a head case and not much better than maroney in terms of stats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

the only bills RB i want is fred jackson but i doubt they will give him up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

For those who compare him to Maroney please consider the level of talent. Maroney has arguably the best QB in the league... [blah, blah, blah, Lynch is God]Posted by Bostonman1025

He's not even close to the best RB on his own team and he's a head case.  What does Brady hand the ball off better than Trent Edwards?  And he never came anywhere near 20 yards per catch.  Best ever was his first year, 10.2 on 18 catches.  Maroney is better.  There I said it again.  And he's not a trouble maker. 

Sections
Shortcuts