Bill has put together a 9 and 7 team for the 2011 year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Bill has put together a 9 and 7 team for the 2011 year!

Brady lacks an effective deep threat, so the recievers often can't get separation.  The running game was once again tossed aside, as it was in the Bills game. The DBs have looked worse with each passing week.  The lines are good, and the running game is there for the using.  BB isn't a complete failure, but some things need to change for his role or they will be stuck as a good-not-great team led by an all-time QB.  That is a crime. TIme to stop deluding yourself on his omnipotence.  Turns out he is very human and has his limitations, too.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Bill has put together a 9 and 7 team for the 2011 year!:
    [QUOTE]Brady didn't lack a deep threat all of last year post Week 4. One of the biggest myths of the discussions. Brady had NO deep threat for 3 rings and has never won a SB with one. Run the ball.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Brilliant assessment Einstein. But you don't need a deep threat so badly when you have a good D. When you have a good D you don't need to score 30 points every week to win. Glad I could help you on that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Bill has put together a 9 and 7 team for the 2011 year!:
    [QUOTE] I thought the Dallas game was a bad game but after the cherry I mean cherries(releasing Bodden KNOWING Ras I was going to IR)on top this is at best a 9 and 7 team.BB will DEFER every win on a coin flip and we will see the ball with 5 min left in the first with a 7 nothing hole...at best 3 nothing!!!Now we have WOODHEAD returning kicks...I was at the bar laughing at my team b/c im sick of being pizzed. The guy can return kicks but we have to watch FAULK...our old 3rd down back lead all backs in attempts when Woody is our new and YOUNGER 3rd down back....I think Woodhead can catch too. Im sick of typin now...and why do our CB's play 10 yards off the receiver?? I hate to say this but how long is BB going to coach this team?? Is time to let someone else come in here and coach this team j/k. This team is by far worse than last year!!!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

You sound like Tom Jackson....."Bill Belichick has lost this team" LMAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill has put together a 9 and 7 team for the 2011 year! : Brilliant assessment Einstein. But you don't need a deep threat so badly when you have a good D. When you have a good D you don't need to score 30 points every week to win. Glad I could help you on that.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

You don't need a deep threat to move the chains and score 30 pts a game. You need an offense that utilizes all its assets.....like our runningbacks for example.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

So they will be 4-5 the rest of the year. I doubt it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I can't believe I'm about to waste the next 90 seconds of my life responding to this post.

This is what I can't stand about some of my fellow Pats fans.  You have become so spoiled that you expect absolute perfection in every game. 

My guess is you are in your early 20's and have grown up watching the Pats and have no real perspective on NFL football.

Yes, we have some kinks in the armor - but every team does.  Last week was a poorly executed and poorly coached game.  Come off the ledge!

We will go 11-5 +/- a game and will be in the playoffs.  From there, who knows!

Take it easy son, because once BB and TB have passed us by, you're going to be in for a real slap of reality!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Disagree. I still like them to win 12 games. Once they get by Philadelphia the schedule lightens up considerably until the Buffalo game which could have big playoff implications. Denver is a game I would mark down even though they are awful, it seems like the perfect letdown game before the final 2 all important divisional games. They always seem to play Brady tough out there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

[QUOTE]I'm so stoopid...how about not looking at other teams and looking at ours!We have NO D at all. If you think that teams are not going to dink and dunk all the way down the field then you don't know to much...teams can just kneel the ball on first and second and get a first on third.Not only is this team 9 and 7 with one more bust of a draft BB...WE are not that good at all. Should we have won against Dallas?? Since that game we are brutal on D and not very good on O! I thought this team was a superbowl contender at the beginning of the year but they aren't even close...GB will put up 50 on us! The only thing we can look forward to is New Orleans losing and Oakland losing so we get better draft picks to trade back with. If you guys are happy with a wanna be 11-5 team that will get blown out round 1 then be happy. Iwill root for my team but when this team starts this big azz slide I wont even say I told you so. If they go 10 and 6 Ill never post on here again!!!!
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, let's look at this...

So first of all, we shouldn't look at other teams; we should only worry about our own team. I agree, we should care most about the Patriots, but isn't it at least a little important to consider the other teams, especially since we're playing against them. (Remember, were going "9-7", which means we have to lose against five more teams?)

Then, apparently, since playing against Dallas, we have been terrible. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure we've only played one game since Dallas. Perhaps instead of "since that game," you could say "last game"?

Finally, you compare us to other teams (GB, NO, Oakland). But I thought we shouldn't be worried about the other teams -- isn't that what you said above?

Maybe you want to look over what you are saying before posting next time...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The team is 5-2 right now. Do you really think they only win four more games? The team has issues, but we still have a HoF coach and quarterback duo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]All I have to say is:  I find it incredible that BB would even field a D this bad. He is suppose to be a defensive genius.  How does that happen?  There is something not quite right here folks.  The league has changed in favor of the offense but I still see otjher teams haveing pretty darn good defenses.  Seems to me that defenses need to play different now days.  Is BB stubborn and resistant to change his style?  He keeps looking for big LB's but it a passing league you need LB's who are fast and can cover.  Fast big LB's are hard to come by. Look, I'm a football moron compared to BB but I just find it incredulous that he would field such an impotent defense.  I mean it's embarrassing to watch. Teams will now use the short passing game to keep our D on the field as long as possible and keep out O on the bench.  I don't really think schemes will fix this defense...it is woefully short on talent.  I doubt we will win only 9 games but a SB appearance is highly unlikely.  It make me a bit sick that we are wasting what is left of the Brady years.  What is the chance we step in S**t again and get another "Brady" in the draft?   I'm still hanging on that this D gets turned around but boy they sure look brutal...simply embarrssing
    Posted by rxmsg[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I am not a newbie fan and I am not spoiled by the winning.  This team is playing like a .500 team now.   I lived in Chicago for 12 years and those drunk, young Cubs fans were stupuidly happy with mediocrity...at least until the past few years.  Is that what we want here?  No way. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

All I have to say is:  I find it incredible that BB would even field a D this bad.
    He is suppose to be a defensive genius.  How does that happen?  There is something not quite right here folks.  The league has changed in favor of the offense but I still see otjher teams haveing pretty darn good defenses.  Seems to me that defenses need to play different now days.  Is BB stubborn and resistant to change his style?  He keeps looking for big LB's but it a passing league you need LB's who are fast and can cover.  Fast big LB's are hard to come by.
    Look, I'm a football moron compared to BB but I just find it incredulous that he would field such an impotent defense.  I mean it's embarrassing to watch.
    Teams will now use the short passing game to keep our D on the field as long as possible and keep out O on the bench.  I don't really think schemes will fix this defense...it is woefully short on talent.  I doubt we will win only 9 games but a SB appearance is highly unlikely.  It make me a bit sick that we are wasting what is left of the Brady years.  What is the chance we step in S**t again and get another "Brady" in the draft?   I'm still hanging on that this D gets turned around but boy they sure look brutal...simply embarrssing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm so stoopid...how about not looking at other teams and looking at ours!We have NO D at all. Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

same ol same ol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, it's really embarrassing to be top 10 in Run D, middle of the pack in points allowed, top 10 in INTs, etc. What a dramatic little girl. Was our D "embarrassing" last year, too? lmao What's more embarrassing is the fact the only TD or legit drive our offense generated off a Bye week came with under 2 minutes to go. The week before, barring a miracle drive, the offense scored 13 points at home over 57 minutes. Something going on alright and it ain't on D. I love how the D plays well and no one says a word, then they go on the road, have a poor first half in terms of nto getting off the field, adjust and improve, byt the offense doesn't do anything off a Bye week. But, it's the D. Laughable. If the Packers offense was that putrid 2 weeks in a row, they'd be losing to a good team or losing twice. They almost lost to Minnesota for example, giving up FAR more points to Christian Ponder, but you don't hear anti-Mike McCarthy rhetoric, do you?  
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

First off, we ain't going 9-7. This team is better than that.

Second, Russ, I ain't buying completely what you are selling on the Offense. Our great run D, 10 in INTs, 10 in points allowed, etc,, allowed a Pitt team to stay on the field for 40 minutes last game. 40 minutes!

You expect Brady and company to put up 28 points in 20 minutes against a very good Pitt D?

I would buy your argument if the TOP wasn't so lopsided.

Look, I have hope in this defense. I don't think it's nearly as bad as most think, including myself. I think what we are suffering from, especially in the secondary is lack of communication due to never really playing together as a unit. What killed us this year was letting Page and Sanders walk. We sure could use those 2 now. I'm hopeful Ideghibo picks it up.

On Offense, we all know the problems Russ. Starts with OB, the run game, not having a good vertical threat, etc. Some will say we don't need a WR to play longball. I argue against that. Our offense is predicated on short/middle passing route. Those routes are more easily defended dropping 7 back and jamming than letting Price or Slater go deep. Sure they might get double covered, but your pulling at least 1 guy out of the short/middle part of hte field. I was also hopeful that Ocho would have caught on by now. His strength is catching the ball near the sideline. This is another tactic we can employ to stretch defenders a bit. If all defenders need to do is disrupt Welker and Gronk, and we don't run, we see Pitt and the Jests games all over again.