Bill O'brien/PSU

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSFANNC. Show PATSFANNC's posts

Bill O'brien/PSU

Why does this have to happen during the playoffs?  I tried asking Chuck Fairbanks, but he isn't taking any calls. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Bill O'brien/PSU

How about this for next year? Ivan Fears to O-Coordinator, Kevin Faulk to RB coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This has been pretty standard in the past, I remember many times where coordinators of other teams in the playoffs have met with a team during the playoffs to interview for a coaching job so this doesn't surprise me.

What surprises me is O'brien looking to take a college coaching position, especially Penn State.  I would think he would like a HC job at the Pro level (lol).  All that Penn State is going through now, Penn State from what I have heard on tv pays far, far less then other HC jobs at other colleges.  Maybe he is just listening to the offer, maybe he is using it as leverage to get a HC job in the NFL (lol) but whatever the case is, I'm pretty sure BB won't let it be a distraction to the team.  Who know's, maybe the players really like O'Brien and this adds just a little bit more motivation to win big for O'Brien before he possibly leaves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It's for the recruiting class and boasters. It would be hard enough for Penn to recruit potential players but imagine trying to recruit players who are graduating in 5 months without a HC or knowing what the coaching staff is going to look like. If they really want OB they can't wait until possible end of Feb to talk with him, at that point they lost all clout with any recruits. However, if OB is the guy and they can tell recruits right away that OB is the man then the potential recruits can watch the Pats in the playoffs.

Imagine if the Pats win the SB what a media win that would be to replace a guy who protected a child molester with a SB winning coach. The amount of cash they can get from the boasters and the recruits they can get out of HS would be enormous. Don't forget it's college, their off-season first started in Oct when they were allowed to contact recruits. Penn is seriously behind the ball right now and needs to play catch up quick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Bill O'brien/PSU:
    [QUOTE]It's for the recruiting class and boasters. It would be hard enough for Penn to recruit potential players but imagine trying to recruit players who are graduating in 5 months without a HC or knowing what the coaching staff is going to look like. If they really want OB they can't wait until possible end of Feb to talk with him, at that point they lost all clout with any recruits. However, if OB is the guy and they can tell recruits right away that OB is the man then the potential recruits can watch the Pats in the playoffs. Imagine if the Pats win the SB what a media win that would be to replace a guy who protected a child molester with a SB winning coach. The amount of cash they can get from the boasters and the recruits they can get out of HS would be enormous. Don't forget it's college, their off-season first started in Oct when they were allowed to contact recruits. Penn is seriously behind the ball right now and needs to play catch up quick
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TW4069. Show TW4069's posts

Well it looks like Charley " Mr. Know it All " Casserly is way off again. He stated on the pregame show Sunday that Bill O'Brien was in no way a candidate for the Penn State job. Sorry Charley!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Well it looks like Charley " Mr. Know it All " Casserly is way off again. He stated on the pregame show Sunday that Bill O'Brien was in no way a candidate for the Penn State job. Sorry Charley!!!!
    Posted by TW4069[/QUOTE]

lol, "When has Charley Casserly been right about anything?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]It's for the recruiting class and boasters. It would be hard enough for Penn to recruit potential players but imagine trying to recruit players who are graduating in 5 months without a HC or knowing what the coaching staff is going to look like. If they really want OB they can't wait until possible end of Feb to talk with him, at that point they lost all clout with any recruits. However, if OB is the guy and they can tell recruits right away that OB is the man then the potential recruits can watch the Pats in the playoffs. Imagine if the Pats win the SB what a media win that would be to replace a guy who protected a child molester with a SB winning coach. The amount of cash they can get from the boasters and the recruits they can get out of HS would be enormous. Don't forget it's college, their off-season first started in Oct when they were allowed to contact recruits. Penn is seriously behind the ball right now and needs to play catch up quick

Good post. 

All the Sandusky stuff aside, PSU is still a really good NCAA head coaching job.  Top 25 in the country I'd say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill O'brien/PSU : Good post.  All the Sandusky stuff aside, PSU is still a really good NCAA head coaching job.  Top 25 in the country I'd say.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

I would say it's better then being the HC of the Jags

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill O'brien/PSU : I would say it's better then being the HC of the Jags

Agree.  Although it might be fun to coach the Jags when they move to L.A. in a couple years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What do college HC's do when everyone's in class. Take the college job. And if you're not at a premier school, you don't even have to win a national championship to be considered a success.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The stage is now set for a McDaniels return...... as soon as he is fired from the Rams, that is.