Bill Parcells says New England is spoiled by the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bill Parcells says New England is spoiled by the Patriots

So

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/02/bill-parcells-says-new-england-is-spoiled-by-the-patriots/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Bill Parcells says New England is spoiled by the Patriots

The TRUTH!!!!!  Wonder what happens when BB and Brady retire and the Pats go more than a couple years missing the playoffs?  It is bound to happen.  Mass suicide right here!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

of course we are, id still like to see the pats win one more super bowl before brady and BB retire....that would be nice. i would be satisfied for a long time as far as being a patriots fan is concerned, if that happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

redsoxfan94...  it is one thing to be spoiled by success.. it is another to whine about it, which happens a lot here.  Sort of a "what have you done for me lately?" sense of entitlement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The TRUTH!!!!!  Wonder what happens when BB and Brady retire and the Pats go more than a couple years missing the playoffs?  It is bound to happen.  Mass suicide right here!!!!

Yup - and all the more reason NOT too p*ss this time away blaming, whining and verbally abusing fellow fans. I love rational debate but what I read here so often is not even close. To the TB12 detractors - I'm pretty sure that if I had 3 to 5 seconds to make a decision and execute it to perfection (while several 300+ lb guys intent on inflicting pain on me), I'd have some serious fails! And when the quarterback of the team I root for makes the right decision/execution a high percentage of the time I'm certainly not going to dwell on the small percentage of time that he doesn't! As for the BB detractors...a leader tries to find the right people to put into the best postition to be successful, after that, it's up to them to execute. Overall, this organization executes more often than not and certainly more often than most of the other teams.

I'd like to end this with a quick story. A couple of buddies went to game 3 and 4 of the World Series in St. Louis. They sat behind a very nice couple, who after the end of game 4 turned around congratulated my friends AND apologized that their team had not given us a better series. No, the umps sucked, the commish is out to get us, this guy s*cked, or that guy blew it! Simple - our guys didn't execute and your guys did. I'll never forget that - they are true fans of their team and the game they root for!

I for one have had a ball the last eleven or so years - God knows the eleven before that - not so much!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

no doubts about it.....we are spoiled, but the BAR is set that high with the Patriots too!  Plus, they have the highest Ticket Price on avg in League.  They should be shooting for the stars every off-season to lineup for another Lombardi/BB trophy!

Sign WES!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

of course we are, id still like to see the pats win one more super bowl before brady and BB retire....that would be nice. i would be satisfied for a long time as far as being a patriots fan is concerned, if that happens.

Agreed! Although I am not as worried about post Brady/Belichick - I think that as long as the Kraft family owns the team, the Patriots will never be the Patsies again! Their organization building is solid - wouldn't suprise me if they have a short list in some file of BB's replacement. It would be that person's job to replace TB12.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

no doubts about it.....we are spoiled, but the BAR is set that high with the Patriots too!  Plus, they have the highest Ticket Price on avg in League.  They should be shooting for the stars every off-season to lineup for another Lombardi/BB trophy!

Sign WES!

Couldn't have said it better! But (not correcting you to be a jerk) the Jets are ten cents higher. Can you imagine knowing that on average they pay the most dough to watch a game live and then have to bear witness to the buttfumble? Can't make this stuff up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Thanks for sharing this - don't know how many times I've waded through some of these threads and couldn't stop shaking my head. Kudos!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Some people here have been soured over the lack of championships lately and get into heated arguments over who's to blame for losing their precious Super Bowl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Some people here have been soured over the lack of championships lately and get into heated arguments over who's to blame for losing their precious Super Bowl.

And some are just miserable people with keyboard muscles. On the other hand, I am a upbeat person with beer muscles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

And some are just miserable people with keyboard muscles. On the other hand, I am a upbeat person with beer muscles.

Lol, I can die happy after watching the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox all win multiple championships.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree with Parcells 100%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Spoiled?

It's outrageous to say fans watching a GM squander one of the greatest periods of opportunity in NFL history to completely dominate the SB legend by failing repeatedly to replace good defensive players is the fans being spoiled.

It's more like, though they do appreciate a winning team, they are simply frustrated with the huge number personnel blunders committed that have stifled what could have otherwise amounted to so so much more.

It's actually a damned shame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Winning a Super Bowl is hard, a lot harder than BB made it look when he won three in 4 years.

Hanging on these boards is all the proof you need, imagine a Bengal's fans sitting in front of his cpu reading the griping here... only Patriot fans think they're entitled to win a ring every year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Winning a Super Bowl is hard, a lot harder than BB made it look when he won three in 4 years.

Hanging on these boards is all the proof you need, imagine a Bengal's fans sitting in front of his cpu reading the griping here... only Patriot fans think they're entitled to win a ring every year.

Hasn't been nearly as hard for the Steelers and Giants the last 8 years, has it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Spoiled?

It's outrageous to say fans watching a GM squander one of the greatest periods of opportunity in NFL history to completely dominate the SB legend by failing repeatedly to replace good defensive players is the fans being spoiled.

It's more like, though they do appreciate a winning team, they are simply frustrated with the huge number personnel blunders committed that have stifled what could have otherwise amounted to so so much more.

you will turn any thread into a defensive bashing thread.....you need to get over it. brady stunk, and the defense stunk in the 2nd half. it wasnt all on the defense like you think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Spoiled?

you will turn any thread into a defensive bashing thread.....you need to get over it. brady stunk, and the defense stunk in the 2nd half. it wasnt all on the defense like you think.

nailed it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Agree with Parcells 100%

Me too. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Hasn't been nearly as hard for the Steelers and Giants the last 8 years, has it?

How long did it take both teams to win again after their dynasty years? 20, 30 or 40 years?

Fact of tha matter is that this years Patriots team fell short for much the same reasons the 2007 and 2011 teams did. One dimensional on offense and lack of play makers on defense. Two super bowl appearances and an AFC Championship game, not bad for a team that's been trying to build the car while running along side of it....If put into proper perspective it's pretty amazing that they've had sustained success for more than a decade during the salary cap era. We the fans are spoiled, and with good reason. Because the standard for success is measured in Super Bowls. A standard that doesn't have to a burden. One that can be worn with pride.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agreed! Although I am not as worried about post Brady/Belichick - I think that as long as the Kraft family owns the team, the Patriots will never be the Patsies again! Their organization building is solid - wouldn't suprise me if they have a short list in some file of BB's replacement. It would be that person's job to replace TB12.

Agree with you about Kraft owning the team.  They should still be competitive as long as Kraft is the owner.  It still isn't too early to try to find another quarterback to replace Brady.  He probably one has a couple of good years left. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

How many Super Bowls have the Giants and Steelers won the last few years?  More than the Patriots?

Dynasties have expiration dates.  The Patriots' run has lasted longer than almost any other in NFL history. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Sign WES!

Couldn't have said it better! But (not correcting you to be a jerk) the Jets are ten cents higher. Can you imagine knowing that on average they pay the most dough to watch a game live and then have to bear witness to the buttfumble? Can't make this stuff up!

Don't forget the PSLs - what a fleece

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Spoiled?

BB shouldn't be bringing in the groceries.

Sections
Shortcuts