Bill Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Bill Polian

Wasnt Manning already signed through this year under his old contract?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PScottman. Show PScottman's posts

If Manning misses the entire season and they win like 1 or 2 games someone needs to be held accountable for the lack of drafting QB's. -  MVP

Smells like another small market plan from a few years ago...David Robinson begats Tim Duncan...does Manning begat Andrew Luck?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If the Colts deliberately tank, it'll be more like the fake Lebron Sweepstakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]Wasnt Manning already signed through this year under his old contract?
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

no.  his contract was up, and the team franchised him then worked out a long term deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]If Manning misses the entire season and they win like 1 or 2 games someone needs to be held accountable for the lack of drafting QB's. -  MVP Smells like another small market plan from a few years ago...David Robinson begats Tim Duncan...does Manning begat Andrew Luck?
    Posted by PScottman[/QUOTE]

Really?  This might be the stupidest thing I've heard on this board.  How many games has a back up QB started for the colts since Manning's been drafted? 

This kind of thinking would suggest that the colts should get extra draft picks for not having to use their back up QB for the last 13 years. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Come out of the Corn Field UD6.....
    Corruption is everywhere and your GM played a significant part in getting many a rule changed....to benefit his team more than any other on the field.
    Furthermore... if PM was a Franchise FA then yes effectively he was signed to a contract... he did sign the tender so that they could negotiate.  Then he went back and renegotiated, all along KNOWING that he had been told he needed further surgery...  NOW that is something to teach your kids to look up to... a conniving tuccas who screws his business partners into paying him for many more years, when he damned well knows that he MAY not be able to perform the services....
    Ahh yes COrruption is everywhere..... even in GOMER's PYLE of INDY!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Disclaimer : I am  NOT a UD6 Fan
      That said , despite the fact that he's a Colts fan on a Pats sight ( and gotten me pizzed off on many occasions )  I have to admit that he shows up and takes his spankings even in the Colt's darkest hours ( Last years Pats -Colts contest that ended with Mannings end of the game Sanders pick for instance )
     Now his team's fortunes look to be splattered all over a surgeons operating table and UD6 isn't cowering in a corner . 
       He's still taking on all comers ( no pun intended ) and to be honest not comepletley getting his brains bashed in . 
      I hate the Colts .
      I hate Polian. 
      But in my book , Manning and UD6 aint all bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Colts fans drill Polian and say he didn't prepare, but let's be honest...

Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Dwight Freeney are all HOFers.  He drafted them all.  Two years ago, Polian was a "genius" for having so much depth when the defense and team was depleted with injury.  Now he's suddenly an idiot? 

Colts fans are idiots of the highest order.  Whatever sounds good @ that moment is what they go with.

People forget that the year before Brady got hurt, the Pats were 16-0 in the regular season.  The year after with Cassel?  11-5 and no playoffs.  That's 5 games worse, in spite of playing the NFC West, which was comprised of high school teams that year.  So spare me the national "well, the Pats went 11-5 so Brady must not be as important..."

The Dolts were 10-6 last year.  5 games worse would be 5-11.  I highly doubt anyone notes the "facts" when Indy goes somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. 

People aren't a fan of "facts."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

All Pollian is going to end up doing is Elevating Manning's alltime status. These guys have made the playoffs and won over ten games for 11 years in a row. They are about to go 4-12 and EVERYONE is going to kiss Manning's back side after this year. But Pollian will need as much blame as Manning deserves credit for how valuable he is. But it wont end up being seen that way, all we will hear is look how valuable Manning truly was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]I think this is the year we find out how overrated Polian may be. He's touted as an excellent GM who built his team around the draft...i say FALSE. He built his team around Peyton Manning...or Peyton Manning built the team with Polians picks I think Pitt showed last year they could win without Big Ben as they went 3-1 to open last season NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassel in 2008 And if last year's game was any indication, GB can compete without Rodgers Most of these teams probably would not have won the super bowl if their franchise QB was out the whole season. that's expected. But good GMs will build teams that can remain playoff contenders even without the Franchise Qb...Its the franchise Qb that makes the team a Super Bowl Contender
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

he's quietly blown his past five or six first round picks

Manning has made some of his questionable receiver picks look good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Oh, I'll be here.  Your comment suggest you are a novice and don't know me very well. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

the guy is starting to speak Gibberish

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Come out of the Corn Field UD6..... Corruption is everywhere and your GM played a significant part in getting many a rule changed....to benefit his team more than any other on the field. Furthermore... if PM was a Franchise FA then yes effectively he was signed to a contract... he did sign the tender so that they could negotiate.  Then he went back and renegotiated, all along KNOWING that he had been told he needed further surgery...  NOW that is something to teach your kids to look up to... a conniving tuccas who screws his business partners into paying him for many more years, when he damned well knows that he MAY not be able to perform the services.... Ahh yes COrruption is everywhere..... even in GOMER's PYLE of INDY!
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]
    being a pats fan and from Boston, I get that you understand corruption.  That said, I think you may be projecting just a bit. 

Can you tell me exactly what rules Polian had changed to benefit his teams (particularly with the colts)?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : being a pats fan and from Boston, I get that you understand corruption.  That said, I think you may be projecting just a bit.  Can you tell me exactly what rules Polian had changed to benefit his teams (particularly with the colts)?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

This right here is why I don't like you.  You pretend to be above it all, but as soon as your feelings get hurt, you say crud like this.  
    And you KNOW what rule Polian changed.  He tilted the entire definition of pass interference to suit his team's needs.  And yes, when the actions that define pass interference are reinterpreted, you have changed the rule.  Finesse offenses like the Clots couldn't function without that tilt, and your teams relative success after that reinterpretation simply reinforces that fact.  
    One of the reasons I'm going to ENJOY Manning's absence is that the Clots will no longer benefit from this reinterpretation.  Suffer in the toxic soup you have made.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]Well heck dapats.  Everyone's day passes them by eventually.  And while Polian is still pulling many of the strings with the franchise, he has turned day to day GM duties over his son who oversaw this year's draft.  In the 13 years before polian arrived, the indianapolis colts went to playoffs just 3 times and the most wins they had was 9 in any season.  In the 13 seasons since (and remember he came in off of a 3-13 season), he's been to the playoffs 11 seasons, been to 3 AFCCG's, been to 2 SB's, and won 1.  His teams have won less than 9 games only twice and one of those was his first season when a rookie QB started and the previous season the team was 3-13.    I do agree with you about the defense.  IMO, its been unfair to Manning.  I'll also agree that Polian has overpaid a few and let some players go that he shouldn't.  But imagine if Bob Sanders didn't get hurt for those 3 seasons in a row.  He, like Polamalu, was a difference maker.  I think its possible with just that one player playing at an all pro level, it could have made a significant difference.  C'est la vie.  Further, if comparing to the pats.  The colts had a kicker that missed 2 clutch playoff kicks that could have changed the team's fortunes.  That never happened to the pats.   Finally, building a defense isn't easy.  If it was, there'd be alot of better teams out there.   
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Polian has been a positive force and he deserves significant credit for lifting Indy. But, no one can get it right all the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : This right here is why I don't like you.  You pretend to be above it all, but as soon as your feelings get hurt, you say crud like this.   And you KNOW what rule Polian changed.  He tilted the entire definition of pass interference to suit his team's needs.  And yes, when the actions that define pass interference are reinterpreted, you have changed the rule.  Finesse offenses like the Clots couldn't function without that tilt, and your teams relative success after that reinterpretation simply reinforces that fact.   One of the reasons I'm going to ENJOY Manning's absence is that the Clots will no longer benefit from this reinterpretation.  Suffer in the toxic soup you have made.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    wrong davey - I just prefer to call a spade a spade, and I don't mind getting dirty doing it.  If someone is going to call the colts out for corruption based on untrue things, then I am going to respond in kind. 

I guess you think I should treat all pats fans here with dignity even as they (and you) attempt to use me as toilet.  Not going to happen, and I find your expectation of that amusing and arrogant as hell. 

Education time - the "5 yard chuck rule" was instituted in 1994.  After the colts were mugged by the pats in the 03 playoffs and no defensive holding was called when it clearly should have been, Polian simply lobbied for an emphasis of the rule because it was clearly not being called. 

I know pats fans are happy that the tuck rule is in place although it appears to be a stupid rule.  I don't see why where the chuck rule is involved you continually complain about it as if it were something new when the colts complained about it not being called.  Makes no sense to me except to say you wish to have your cake and eat it too.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : The best QB in the game would have won more than one superbowl.
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]

The alleged best QB in the game, who Polian has taken great pains to   surround with some of the best WRs in the game, should have "won" more than one championship...especially a tainted one.

Ted Thompson is now the best GM in the game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]So, you are on a Pats board acting like a sanctimonious douschenozzle at will, and you find Pats fans who don't like that "arrogant"? How are things at the institution this morning, Undies? Also, the Chuck Rule was institued in 1978, not 1994.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    the date is meaningless but thanks for the correction.  The point is that no rule was changed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say Polian was the best gm in the game.  One of the best, yes.  He's had flaws. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]And if last year's game was any indication, GB can compete without Rodgers
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

I get so sick of hearing this nonsense it makes my teeth itch.

True enough, more than one marginal quarterback lit up the Pats defense last season, but the single reason Green Bay couldn't hang with the Pats last year was specifically because Matt Flynn looked like a kid who had lost his mother at the mall when it came time to step up and win the game.

The Packers aren't going anywhere without Aaron Rodgers . . .  and after giving up what rightly should have been 44 points to N'awlins last night, I'm not convinced they're going anywhere with him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

This guy Polian signed Pay-ton Manning to that huge contract without making him take a physical!..What kind of responsible GM could do that? Florio reports it in today's Pro Football Talk!

Polian just hamstrung the Colts for the foreseeable future...Nice job GM of the year! HA!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Actually UD6... I currently live about 60 miles from the circle city.....  and believe me this state is full of corruption!
    It also is a slime pit as far as I can see... what the heck is up with the 13% grad rate of some of the INDY High schools? 

WOW...

Projecting a bit?  Now that is funny....  YOUR team does so much damned whining that the refs have gotten to make fictitious calls on your behalf in many a game, just to shut that whining biotch PEYTON the nose picker up.  At least once a week you hear the clowns on the TV news act like Peyton is the savior and the corn won't grow if he doesn't go and fertilize it this summer.....  Indy is about the biggest one horse town I have ever seen, full of homers.... It is also the only place I have lived (and there have been many thanks to the military) that all other games are blacked out if the home town goobers are playing.   SO if CBS has two games week 1.... and one of them is in conflict with the colts- INDY stations just do not show the game that is on at the same time.   They show the morning Bean & Corn report instead.... or maybe have a John Deere auction or something.  Gotta try to make the people here believe that the COLTS are the only team on TV.

UD6   Have you ever lived anywhere else?  Did you have to come running back because you couldn't understand why the colts were not on every week on every channel?   What is the Name of INDY's MLB team, again?  Can you help me do research on the last time an INDY team won the Stanley Cup? ......

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : being a pats fan and from Boston, I get that you understand corruption.  That said, I think you may be projecting just a bit.  Can you tell me exactly what rules Polian had changed to benefit his teams (particularly with the colts)?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : the date is meaningless but thanks for the correction.  The point is that no rule was changed. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6 just cant stay on point. When you get him, he switches to talk about something else. He is a waste of time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : The date is not meaningless because it was instituted when Pitt was winning SBs and whiny teams complained (probably Oakland in particular) that their WRs were being roughed up at the line. Reminds me of....Oh yes!  The Colts of the 00's! That's it! It's very similar to why Indy whined after their 2003 playoff loss in NE where Manning threw 3 INTs outside of his comfy dome and Polian acted like the rule was not enforced, as a victim/whiny, arrogant loser as head of the competition committee. What's absolutely pathetic is, NE was in ZONE COVERAGE on all 3 Law INTs, where there was no contact of any kind on the WRs or TEs. Look at the replays.  Law is sitting in zone where Manning is wildly throwing the ball and not caring where it goes.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    So can I assume you don't think the tuck rule should have been called for the benefit of the pats when it helped them vs. the Raiders? 

this is what I don't get you guy whine about someone saying rules should be called as written but staunchly protect the shtty rule that was called correctly for your team's benefit. 

take off the glasses!

Sections
Shortcuts