Bill Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Bill Polian

In Response to Re: Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I'd only seen it one other time.  I have seen PMike on the board in a while.  I mentioned it when I saw it the first time, but don't know if he responded.  He did today.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I actually remembered you bringing that up once before, and that's what got me to thinking about the rationale behind it, and why I like it so much, although it doesn't really have anything to do with football or the Patriots. When you mentioned it again today, I figured I may as well tell you.

See, I don't really come here to talk about football all that much. I'm not one of these guys who likes to pretend I could be a coach or a GM, or that I have any knowledge at all, really, that any fan doesn't possess. I come here to meet the people and find out what's wrong with them. That's why a guy like you is good to have around here.

When I was very young, one of my favorite toys was one of those inflatable clowns with the sand in the bottom that, no matter how many times you knocked it over, it kept popping back up with that shit-eating grin on its face.

That's you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I do like Boston although their music is pretty similar from one song to the next, but they weren't great business people.  didn't they hold out doing any records for years because of the deal they signed and essentially waited until they were irrelevant to record again?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yeah . . .  that, and their music was wildly over-produced, which meant that when you went to see them in concert, they didn't sound anything like what you had heard on the record (ask your father) you bought.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I think Rocks was '76, Toys in the Attic '77.  Get Your Wings, I think was '78. I think. Yeah. All bands are better in the incarnation with drugs, booze and drama as opposed to when the have kids, are doing Pilates and eating Weight Watcher's cupcakes. Not debatable.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I agree, unless of course the drugs booze and drama actually destroys the band. 

Guns n Roses anyone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I think Rocks was '76, Toys in the Attic '77.  Get Your Wings, I think was '78. I think. Yeah. All bands are better in the incarnation with drugs, booze and drama as opposed to when the have kids, are doing Pilates and eating Weight Watcher's cupcakes. Not debatable.

No . . .   no, no, no.

Get Your Wings
    Dream On
    Toys in the Attic
    Rocks

(I don't know the years, but that's the order . . .  unless, of course, I'm wrong)

Dammit!

Now I'm gonna have to look it up.

I hate you.!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Okay . . .

The Dream On album (Aerosmith) was first then it was:

Get Your Wings
    Toys in the Attic
    Rocks
    Draw the Line

blah, blah, blah . . .   boolsheet, boolsheet, boolsheet.

I don't hate you anymore.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

Good music conversation but must bring up Metallica

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I actually remembered you bringing that up once before, and that's what got me to thinking about the rationale behind it, and why I like it so much, although it doesn't really have anything to do with football or the Patriots. When you mentioned it again today, I figured I may as well tell you. See, I don't really come here to talk about football all that much. I'm not one of these guys who likes to pretend I could be a coach or a GM, or that I have any knowledge at all, really, that any fan doesn't possess. I come here to meet the people and find out what's wrong with them. That's why a guy like you is good to have around here. When I was very young, one of my favorite toys was one of those inflatable clowns with the sand in the bottom that, no matter how many times you knocked it over, it kept popping back up with that shit-eating grin on its face. That's you.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

ok - you made me laugh.  I think there's a horror movie in there somewhere, with the smiling life sized weebles that can never be destroyed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : the date is meaningless but thanks for the correction.  The point is that no rule was changed. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

oh' perfect. Ud6 now stands for “uberdouchenozzle 6x”. Perfect. And I am referring to what constitutes a chuck, not the rule. It used to be mean delivering an actual hit, and now it was colticized to meaning "shadowed with an aggressive facial expression". Or even "followed with intent to defend". And your presence here means YOU are the guy in the wrong, since you don't belong here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Good music conversation but must bring up Metallica
    Posted by patsrkillers[/QUOTE]

Okay . . .  here's my Metallica story.

Once upon a long time ago, I dated this girl who was heavily into Mettalica. I was not much of what we would have called a metal head in those days, but she had red hair and, therefore, could make me do whatever she wanted (which was to go see Metallica). Well, long story short, and as Rusty kind of pointed out in one of his posts, a day came when the restless fandom started accusing Metallica of having "sold out" because they believed the music was becoming too "commercial."

This is what happens to bands when their hardcore fans believe that there are now too many bandwagon fans and begin to despise their heroes for being "popular." It's a strange phenomenon, but what I thought was funny about it was James Hetfield (I think) responding to these charges thusly:

"Sold out? Sure . . .  we sold out. We sold out Amsterdam. We sold out London. We sold out Berlin . . .   "

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : In their mind and their management'$ mind, Diane Warren is a gifted and original songwriter. I thought it was funny the band was angry he went on American Idol. As if their image needs some sort of protection? Laughable.

Well I wont critique whether or not Diane warren is any good.  I'll give her credit for being successful.  That said, she doesn't write "aerosmith" songs. 

Oh and Tyler's single that came out earlier this year was awful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Was she good looking?   I have never seen a nice looking female Metallica fan in my life.

Rusty, my man, if you don't know about redheads, I can't explain it to you in this forum.

And plus besides, it was the '80s, man . . .  everybody was good-looking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

I  had the 80s Metallica on mind ,but in some way every band sells out at one point of thier carrer.I might be wrong but I belive it was jason newstead who said that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE] I  had the 80s Metallica on mind ,but in some way every band sells out at one point of thier carrer.I might be wrong but I belive it was jason newstead who said that.
    Posted by patsrkillers[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. I always just thought it was kind of funny . . .   I mean, what the hell are we doing up here if we're not trying to make big bank?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Was she good looking?   I have never seen a nice looking female Metallica fan in my life. Every sort of underground band has that situation when they get big and their fans claim that. I don't think it's true in Metallica's case. They had an artistic shift so they could challenge themselves. By 1996, there was no way Metallica needed to "sell out".

Ok - this made me laugh out loud too.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Jeez . . .

You could really tell McConaughey (how the hell do you spell that guy's name?) was going bald even way back then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Rusty, my man, if you don't know about redheads, I can't explain it to you in this forum. And plus besides, it was the '80s, man . . .  everybody was good-looking.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    I was about to say 80's - big hair/shoulder pads/members only jackets/duran duran/haircut 100/squeeze/quiet riot. 

Man I grew up with some bad music.  Thank god for older brothers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I was about to say 80's - big hair/shoulder pads/members only jackets/duran duran/haircut 100/squeeze/quiet riot.  Man I grew up with some bad music.  Thank god for older brothers.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yes the looks wear terrible but the music wasnt bad  motley crue,posion etc..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Jeez . . . You could really tell McConaughey (how the hell do you spell that guy's name?) was going bald even way back then.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Well - that's full circle. 

McConaughey was in the Mellencamp music video the lyrics to which Pmike references in his tagline. 

That's all for me. 

Good luck to your pats.  They won't need it. 

Good luck to my colts.  They'll need every bit of it that is wished upon them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You can probably lay the blame for most of that bad music right at the feet of MTV, dogg(gggg) . . .   but then again, if it weren't for all the bad music, they wouldn't have needed all the half-naked women.

And then where would we be?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Well - that's full circle.  McConaughey was in the Mellencamp music video the lyrics to which Pmike references in his tagline. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Ka is a wheel, my friend.