Bill Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Bill Polian

In Response to Re: Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]Actually UD6... I currently live about 60 miles from the circle city.....  and believe me this state is full of corruption! It also is a slime pit as far as I can see... what the heck is up with the 13% grad rate of some of the INDY High schools? 
    I guess in Indiana we don't pass kids who don't qualify.  Is that what they do in Massachussetts? 

WOW... Projecting a bit?  Now that is funny....  YOUR team does so much damned whining that the refs have gotten to make fictitious calls on your behalf in many a game, just to shut that whining biotch PEYTON the nose picker up.
    LOL - your claws are showing. 

At least once a week you hear the clowns on the TV news act like Peyton is the savior and the corn won't grow if he doesn't go and fertilize it this summer..... 
    LOL.  You should leave the state.  Its not good for your blood pressure. 

Indy is about the biggest one horse town I have ever seen, full of homers.... It is also the only place I have lived (and there have been many thanks to the military) that all other games are blacked out if the home town goobers are playing.  
    It appears you are not as smart as you make yourself out to be.  You see that is a league rule. 

SO if CBS has two games week 1.... and one of them is in conflict with the colts- INDY stations just do not show the game that is on at the same time.  
    League rule. 

They show the morning Bean & Corn report instead.... or maybe have a John Deere auction or something.  Gotta try to make the people here believe that the COLTS are the only team on TV.
    LOL.  I've never seen that report. 

UD6 Have you ever lived anywhere else? 
    Yup.

Did you have to come running back because you couldn't understand why the colts were not on every week on every channel?  
    Nope

What is the Name of INDY's MLB team, again? 
    Don't have one, but you've stumped me as to what that has to do with the colts. 

Can you help me do research on the last time an INDY team won the Stanley Cup?
    Never have chuck.  Indy's not a hockey city, and not big enough to handle 3 let alone 4 major franchises.  Its a population thing.  You probably wouldn't understand.  We are happy to have the franchises we have, and we'll support them - at least until Bird ruins the franchise. 

...... In Response to Re: Bill Polian :
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : UD6 just cant stay on point. When you get him, he switches to talk about something else. He is a waste of time.
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

Poor achie, just because I want you to argue your point (apparently you are a little to meek to take a stand) rather than ask questions, doesn't mean you have to lash out.  Its really not a big deal to me.  I am not angry. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : UD6 just cant stay on point. When you get him, he switches to talk about something else. He is a waste of time.
    Posted by achie[/QUOTE]

As I have always been fond of saying (but being new here, how could you know that?) underdogg(gggg) may be an annoying little fuckstick . . .  but he's our annoying little fuckstick.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

never been a big fan of Tom Cruise, but his role in Tropic Thunder where he used that endearing word made me reconsider a little.

Again - thanks for the mellencamp reference.  Hoosiers love it.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Umm, what Mellencamp reference?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

wasn't talking to you.  you are the height of arrogance. 

pmike's got the mellencamp reference.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I had no idea him calling you an annoying fuckkstick is a Mellencamp reference. I just racked my brain for every song, every ablum and every lyric, and don't recally Mellencamp mentioning an annyoying geek from INdy in any of his songs.

Well that just proves again (is this a half dozen times today?) what a dum bass you are. 

If you can't figure it out, I am not going to help you.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]never been a big fan of Tom Cruise, but his role in Tropic Thunder where he used that endearing word made me reconsider a little. Again - thanks for the mellencamp reference.  Hoosiers love it.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you a funny thing about that reference.

I'm not the world's biggest Mellencamp fan. As the years have gone by I've come to the conclusion that a little JCM goes a long way, but cynic that I am, that particular line has always stuck with me, and I think it works especially well as an internet signature, given the inordinate amount of horsesh*t you tend to run into in cyberspace.

And plus besides . . .  I couldn't keep my old signature because it went hand-in-glove with my snowplow avatar, which I retired because it was time to give BMF's Teddy Bear Romp it's proper run in this place. There aren't nearly enough Teddy bears around here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Redhead - did you delete your post? 

LOL.  You are so limited.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I'll tell you a funny thing about that reference. I'm not the world's biggest Mellencamp fan. As the years have gone by I've come to the conclusion that a little JCM goes a long way, but cynic that I am, that particular line has always stuck with me, and I think it works especially well as an internet signature, given the inordinate amount of horsesh*t you tend to run into in cyberspace.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    I see the point. 

And frankly I didn't peg you for a mellencamp guy so I was surprised by the reference. 

Most easterners flock to Springsteen although, I'd imagine for Bostonian's that may be too New Yorky for you to latch onto.  I don't know. 

What is a bostonian's musical flavor?  Boston?  Aerosmith?  Marky Mark and the fun bunch?  New Kids on the block?  who else is from the area?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : I see the point.  And frankly I didn't peg you for a mellencamp guy so I was surprised by the reference.  Most easterners flock to Springsteen although, I'd imagine for Bostonian's that may be too New Yorky for you to latch onto.  I don't know.  What is a bostonian's musical flavor?  Boston?  Aerosmith?  Marky Mark and the fun bunch?  New Kids on the block?  who else is from the area?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was a huge Springsteen guy when I was a kid, and that did kind of lead toward JCM back when he was just John Cougar . . .  but, sadly, we all have to grow up sometime. I couldn't begin to tell you what Bostonians favor musically these days. It's been long and many years since I've lived in the area, but I can tell you you can't go too far wrong with J. Geils . . .  so long as you stop before you get to the Love Stinks and Freeze Frame era.

Incidentally, unless you're stuck somewhere around 1976, Aerosmith blows.

(of course, I guess I just said the same thing about J. Geils, didn't I?)

See . . .   this is what you have to look forward to.

Cool

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Ahh, his sig. I thought you meant a post of his recently, stupid. That sig isn't new. I love how he implies that I am dumb, yet he clearly acted like the reference was just added in this thread. Ugh. Can Undies be any more annoying? Top 5 Mellanoma records: 1. Scarecrow (best back to front) 2. Lonesome Jubillee (underrated gem, adds great fiddle chick) 3. Uh-huh (where he started making good records, instead of just a few singles and some filler) 4. Whenever We Wanted (underrated guitar based album) 5. American Fool His latest is ok and I like the mono idea, but he hasn't really hit a homerun in a long time. I drove by his studio once just out of curiosity.  Mike Wancic is a decent producer, too.
    LMAO - I love that you are blaming me for your own incompetence. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Oh, I was a huge Springsteen guy when I was a kid, and that did kind of lead toward JCM back when he was just John Cougar . . .  but, sadly, we all have to grow up sometime. I couldn't begin to tell you what Bostonians favor musically these days. It's been long and many years since I've lived in the area, but I can tell you you can't go too far wrong with J. Geils . . .  so long as you stop before you get to the Love Stinks and Freeze Frame era. Incidentally, unless you're stuck somewhere around 1976, Aerosmith blows. (of course, I guess I just said the same thing about J. Geils, didn't I?) See . . .   this is what you have to look forward to.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I agree with you for the most part about Aerosmith.  What they became was a pop band.  They are good at it, but its not dream on. 

Early on, I believe that he was Johnny Couger.  I still remember the hurts so goo d video.  Straight out of Bloomington and "Breaking Away". 

I think J Geils thought he had something on Mick Jagger back in the day (referencing Maroon 5's popular new song). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Springsteen was always kind of a one tricky pony poseur to me. A rocking version of Dylan. Meh Give me Seger, Petty and Mellanoma for genuine Americana rock and roll. Bostonians/New Englanders take in all kinds of music. There is no true representative style or band. The Cars, J. Geils, Aerosmith, the Pixies, Buffalo Tom, etc, are some more notable names. Bobby Brown was always a tool with no real talent other than choreography in a video.
    I knew you weren't all that bad Russ.  Seger Petty and Mellencamp, right on. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : He's had that sig for a long time.   Why did you bring it up now?

I'd only seen it one other time.  I have seen PMike on the board in a while.  I mentioned it when I saw it the first time, but don't know if he responded. 

He did today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Aerosmith blew their wad on plenty of drugs, as we know, and by 1984 needed a way out, so they sold out. By 1985, they were doing gigs to see if each Perry and Tyler could stay sober, and then they did the Walk This Way as a lead up teaser to the pop sell out starting point of Permanent Vacation ini 1987. I get it, but it's pretty embarrassing watching them try to spin they didn't sell out. It's like, just admit it.  You had that same crappy producer manufacture the same pop song that was always one word and ended in a apostrophe (Cryin', Amazin', etc). lol Just awful. Their first 4 records were probably the best of American hard rock from 1973-1979. 

You know what's funny about this, Russ?

I specifically remember hearing kids in school talking about how Aerosmith was breaking up (and it was true enough that Perry and Tyler hated each other) around the time Rocks came out in, whenever it was, 1975? 1976? and everybody was like, "This is it, you better get this one."

And the funny thing was . . .   even though Aerosmith went on to record for thirty-some more years, that really was the last one.

And even though

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Iann Response to Re: Bill Polian:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bill Polian : Aerosmith blew their wad on plenty of drugs, as we know, and by 1984 needed a way out, so they sold out. By 1985, they were doing gigs to see if each Perry and Tyler could stay sober, and then they did the Walk This Way as a lead up teaser to the pop sell out starting point of Permanent Vacation ini 1987. I get it, but it's pretty embarrassing watching them try to spin they didn't sell out. It's like, just admit it.  You had that same crappy producer manufacture the same pop song that was always one word and ended in a apostrophe (Cryin', Amazin', etc). lol Just awful. Their first 4 records were probably the best of American hard rock from 1973-1979. 
    Well when you do a Diane Warren song, I don't think there's anyway you can say that you haven't sold out.  I wonder if they spent themselves into major debt and knew they could make a bundle on the pop scene. 

They were great in the 70's.  No doubt. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I do like Boston although their music is pretty similar from one song to the next, but they weren't great business people. 

didn't they hold out doing any records for years because of the deal they signed and essentially waited until they were irrelevant to record again?