Bill Simmons on the state of Patriots nation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

Re: Bill Simmons on the state of Patriots nation

In Response to Re: Bill Simmons on the state of Patriots nation:
    [QUOTE]Or Clay Mathews for that matter..we needed to draft a linebacker in my opinion one who could step in right away - I guess they have faith in Pierre Woods, Gary Guyton and Banta Cain coming back
    Posted by BS10FAN[/QUOTE]

Not coming back..I meant to say stepping in and being a factor..Guyton will be a good one..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Wilhite is a upgrade to Hobbs today.
    James Sanders seems to be more solid this year and showing up around the ball. I'm thinking Butler will be a good cover corner and maybe more. I remember Deion Sanders saying good things about him.
    Chung however if anyone likes it or not was said to be a in the box saftey and in pre season showed it.
    Meriweather needs to be the one to step up I think and take over the back half. BUT Pees has him up in the box which I think is not his strong suit as size and sure tackling don't bring his name to mind first. I think BB should let him roam, hit and ballhawk.
    I hope we can hang onto Bodden he looks like he do well here. good hitter and covers well.
    Wheatley was beaten out by Wilhite in camp. Have'nt heard much about him sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Banta-Cain has pulled his weight according to price tag. I think Ray Lewis as a FA could have stepped in knowing what we know today. Not to mention the passion he brings would be huge. He could have done what Seau does as far as shoting gaps. PASSION thats what I see lacking as much as talent.

Maualuga's name was brought up and while being rated a 2 down backer had passion and swagger same with English and Ayers players I thought would be worth the moves to get them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I've been reading Simmons for years. He is a always a good read, and for a homer he remains very objective when writing on Boston sports topics(see his RedSox HGH article months back) He is simply painting the picture of debate for both sides of Pats fans! I do not consider myself a blind homer but I am very optimistic about this season. In my opinion BB has been held hostage by aging veterans as to what type of game plan he could use on Sunday's for sometime now. He has finally cleaned house and started over with a younger defense(sprinkled with veteran pieces). Lots of fans screamed to get younger on D and now that we have, the same fans scream that we need play makers. You do not just become a "play maker" over night. It takes game experience and knowledge in the system! I do not think that we are the most dominate team in the league anymore but when we were it didn't work out for us that well! I am happy going back to obscurity, being the team that "nobody believes in" because that is when we play our best football. I cannot wait to see what BB can do with a younger more athletic defense! In regards to Tom Brady if anybody does not believe in Bradys work ethic or hunger for a victory then they have not been paying attention for the last 8 years. He is the hardest working man in the NFL! First man in and last to leave! Between him BB and a young defense over the course of the season I believe we can and will only improve and by November and December when games count we will once again be a force to be reckoned with!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kkboston. Show kkboston's posts

Bill Simmons is the BEST sportswriter in America...I love the way he weaves into and out of his story, always bringing the ending of the piece back to the way he began it....I don't know if my Pats will be Super Bowl Champions of NFL Chumps. All I know is that Bill Simmons is interesting, entertaining and an "easy read."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

I agree. We are lucky that Bill Simmons, an acknowledged Boston homer, is a major voice at a national level. Despite his bias, his articles are usually excellent. It is obvious that we, Pats fans, are torn between those two views, but it is also obvious that none of us (or most writers especially the hacks like Mazz, etc.) could have put it together into a thorough and articulate text like he just did.