Billichecks Contract & Future with the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Billichecks Contract & Future with the Pats

He does have a deal and it expires in 2014. I think he'll stay even past that. He's been around the game for over three decades and I think it's safe to say it's in his blood. His kids are all older so it's not like the Cowher situation where he'd want to go away and spend time with his family. Frankly, I don't see Belichick as that type anyway.

He'll be around. I think deep down he'd want to build one dynasty with Brady and try and do it again with a new cast of characters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In 07 he signed like a 4-5 year extension and it goes through 2013. Hes not on a "1 year deal" so I dont know where you get that nonsense from. In 07 he 100% wouldnt have retired 19-0 or not. 

When the day comes Kraft will probably hire either hire new blood or go back to the Bill tree. Lol Bill trying to "desperately" win one? Omg wow yeah slow work day huh?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

He has also accumulated the most draft picks of any team over the past decade. When Seau first came out of his brief retirement he was leading the team in tackles with over 60 at the half way mark before snapping his arm. I would say if a guy can get you 120 tackles it is a sound football decision and not a move made out of "desperation" as you say. IMO.

Anyway I think BB will be around for a while. I could see a scenario where he and Tom retire together....right after getting their 6th SB ring in 2014. That's Right!

I don't think its a coincidence that Brady's extension expires the same year Belichick's does!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Seau in 07 was actually pretty good and did alot of damage and I would even go as far as saying he was alot better than Bruschi that year and was a bigger part of that team then people might really think. 

Bill went from an old veterans home to a youthful defense. He wouldnt draft guys that he wants to just dump them out onto another coach. Hes here for at least half the decade maybe 8 more years. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

bill said recently on weei...that he loves coming to work everyday and really enjoys every aspect of what he is doing and couldnt imagine himself doing anything else at this point in his life...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

My guess is Brady and BB's contract will end in the same year! 

As fans we should really appreciate these next few years because I doubt we'll see anything like this again with the Pats! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think BB will be with us for awhile (beyond the expiration of his contract as extended).  He may very well decide to call it when Brady does but somehow I don't think so.  But who can say with BB?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Billichecks Contract & Future with the Pats:
    As fans we should really appreciate these next few years because I doubt we'll see anything like this again with the Pats! Agreed, I thnk this is why I brought this up, our Super Bowlogical clock is ticking....and I cant imagine Kraft hiring someone with a different philosophy after doing it this way for so long....Whoever takes over for Bill, Whew!  I feel sorry for that cat...
    Posted by patsfan76

It will be interesting to see if BB grooms his successor and he take on a role within the organization such as what Parcells has been doing with the Phins.  Right now I cant think of anyone on his staff that would be a capable head coach but a lot can change over four years! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Bill is what is commonly called a "Lifer".

Sections
Shortcuts