Billick on D&C: Suggs 'discredits' Pro Bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

Billick on D&C: Suggs 'discredits' Pro Bowl

Title says it all

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2164926/billick-dc-suggs-discredits-pro-bowl

"Billick, who formerly coached the Ravens, was asked about Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs' proclamation that he was leaving Tom Brady off his Pro Bowl ballot. Said Billick: "I hate it when the players use something like this, because I think it discredits the rest of those that are deservingly, obviously. in the Pro Bowl. You understand the back and forth; they've been battling each other all year long and it's kind of amusing. But I really do hate to see it come out in this way, because that is something that is important to players."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Billick on D&C: Suggs 'discredits' Pro Bowl

In Response to Billick on D&C: Suggs 'discredits' Pro Bowl:
    [QUOTE]Title says it all http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2164926/billick-dc-suggs-discredits-pro-bowl "Billick, who formerly coached the Ravens, was asked about Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs' proclamation that he was leaving Tom Brady off his Pro Bowl ballot. Said Billick: "I hate it when the players use something like this, because I think it discredits the rest of those that are deservingly, obviously. in the Pro Bowl. You understand the back and forth; they've been battling each other all year long and it's kind of amusing. But I really do hate to see it come out in this way, because that is something that is important to players."
    Posted by lexlib[/QUOTE]

Good comments about the pro-bowl however someone should notify Billick that there is nothing private about you-tube

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If Suggs wants to leave certain players off his ballot because he doesn't like them, I guess that's his business. I don't get the impression that most guys want to play in the Pro Bowl anyway, although I suppose some guys probably have incentives in their contracts for this kind of thing. My question is, "Why is this news?"

Brady is a shoo-in for the honor, but the people who think Suggs is trying to stir something up by this are only half-right. If Suggs actually believed Brady didn't deserve the honor, he would have simply cast his votes and shut up about it. But sticking a microphone in his face and asking him "why?" plays right into his schtick. I would be willing to bet that if the media saw this cheap stunt for what it was and refused to play along with Suggs, you would have had an even bigger story.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Even when Billick was right up on the oppossing sidelines that very day playin' NE, Always dug the dude as a Coach...  Some like the zaniness but love-for-his-team, which rex Ryan brings to the NFL as a Coach...I like the old school hard-#ssed NFL type Coaches, who'll back their guys just the same But bring a certain hard-chargin' p#ssed-off attitude along with 'em, And if they see garbage ANYwhere they're takin' out the trash (after they had their breakfast of castor oil of course)...  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Suggs is just a moron. Read the book Next Man Up. It's a behind the lines look at the 2004 Ravens. He was dumb then and he's dumb now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Billick on D&C: Suggs 'discredits' Pro Bowl:
    [QUOTE]If Suggs wants to leave certain players off his ballot because he doesn't like them, I guess that's his business. I don't get the impression that most guys want to play in the Pro Bowl anyway, although I suppose some guys probably have incentives in their contracts for this kind of thing. My question is, "Why is this news?" Brady is a shoo-in for the honor, but the people who think Suggs is trying to stir something up by this are only half-right. If Suggs actually believed Brady didn't deserve the honor, he would have simply cast his votes and shut up about it. But sticking a microphone in his face and asking him "why?" plays right into his schtick. I would be willing to bet that if the media saw this cheap stunt for what it was and refused to play along with Suggs, you would have had an even bigger story.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

+2  Spot on.

I miss the good old days, where players just played and smack talk was done mostly face-to-face.  Nowadays the microphone is just an extention of some players' egos.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He does, but Brady beat him so much. You see the same attitude out of other players who work for ESPN, where they begrudgingly admit his greatness and it is obvious that their opinion is tainted by losing to him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He really only discredits himself by putting Fitzpatrick in over Brady. 

Forgetting the actual game which is meaningless, being a "ProBowler" is meant to be recognition of performing at the top of your position.  It's unfortunate that the relative simplicity of figuring out who the top players are is convoluted by a voting process that combines the casual fans ability to recall whatever name the Media has been saying loudest with the Players questionable votes of who they like or dislike, to include players on their own team.  Maybe the Coaches can at least add an unbias, and well informed vote. 

Too bad there isn't some NFL IQ test fans must take before voting. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

You'd think Suggs might've promoted his own team's QB, even though Flacco isn't having nearly a probowl season. 

Stay classy, Baltimore.

Sections
Shortcuts