Bills 31, Pats 0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Bills 31, Pats 0

Just a friendly reminder of opening game, 2003, when the Pats D was shredded and it appeared the sky was falling down. That season turned out okay, I think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Bills 31, Pats 0

In Response to Bills 31, Pats 0:

Just a friendly reminder of opening game, 2003, when the Pats D was shredded and it appeared the sky was falling down. That season turned out okay, I think.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

That team had a great defense that didn't show up... This is a proven weak defense from last year showing the same weak signs....

Big difference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

THANK YOU!

I can't believe all the people that are jumping off the bandwagon all of a sudden. To me, the preseasons games meant more this year than in year's past because it was the first chance for the young players to get game action. In the past, we pretty much knew what Brady, Faulk, Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Harrison, etc were going to bring. While the first two games were extremely positive, you'd expect a stinker in the preseason. I'll tell you right now, be ready to see another of these in the regular season too. With a young team, it's bound to happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Bills 31, Pats 0:
    In Response to Bills 31, Pats 0 : That team had a great defense that didn't show up... This is a proven weak defense from last year showing the same weak signs.... Big difference.
    Posted by Getzo

You're right but that's also not fair to this new defense: to be muddled with a three-time Super Bowl champion defense right away. Nobody thought the Cardinals defense from two year's ago and the Saints defense last year was formidable enough to get to the Super Bowl. Hell, all year we expected the Colts to fold because of their "weak" defense and lack of a running game. It's rarely the best team that wins; it's always the team that gets it all to gel together at the right time. Not to say there aren't any weaknesses but it's being hot at the right time. With Brady and Belichick at the helm, Moss in a contract year, Welker/Edelman duo, a solid contribution from Tate, and three versatile tight ends, our offense will be asked to carry this team. The defense will be asked to "not screw it up", that's all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

That's not true, Getzo. After 2002, the defense was blown up and attempted to be rebuilt.  After Game 1 in 2003, people thought the worst.  BB was strung up for releasing Milloy the week before. Also, in 2004, NE got ripped by Cincy 31-3 in the second preseason game and then 31-0 in the final one, with the Cincy game being more the focus since the 4th one is more of a throwaway for a veteran team.
    Posted by russgriswold

I might go out on a long shot here, but I am pretty sure that team still had many Veterans compared to this team which has like 2 that make a difference like Wilfork, Bodden............ I guess we could through Mayo in there but I don't see the similarities... sorry. 

Look I hope you guys are right...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Bills 31, Pats 0 : You're right but that's also not fair to this new defense: to be muddled with a three-time Super Bowl champion defense right away. Nobody thought the Cardinals defense from two year's ago and the Saints defense last year was formidable enough to get to the Super Bowl. Hell, all year we expected the Colts to fold because of their "weak" defense and lack of a running game. It's rarely the best team that wins; it's always the team that gets it all to gel together at the right time. Not to say there aren't any weaknesses but it's being hot at the right time. With Brady and Belichick at the helm, Moss in a contract year, Welker/Edelman duo, a solid contribution from Tate, and three versatile tight ends, our offense will be asked to burden the load. The defense will be asked to "not screw it up", that's all.
    Posted by apdynasty23

But thats exactly what this post is trying to signify

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Bills 31, Pats 0 : That team had a great defense that didn't show up... This is a proven weak defense from last year showing the same weak signs.... Big difference.
    Posted by Getzo

The D from last year was not as pitiful as we like to make out. I'm not saying they were elite, although they were one of the top scoring defenses in the league (still, some of that was accounted for by strength of schedule and the offense's time of possession). As you say, this defense is unproven, but they have a team speed they have not had for years; it's just going to take some time to gel and play as a team.

Right now, the biggest problem I see is being stout at the point of attack; hopefully Brace comes on and provides the necessary bulk there. I also believe when we start full game-planning, our speed will enable blitz formations to pressure the QB (our sack totals, which BB discounts, will be better than last year), and I think by week 4, Bodden and McCourty will be covering like glue.

If there is one intangible area that concerns me, it is whether the coaching staff has a firebrand when the defensive energy is poor. Remember the video of Romeo in the '01 Bowl screaming, "I need PRESSURE, I need PRESSURE!"

BB is a cerebral coach, which is the perfect mentality for a head coach, but during the game, sometimes you may need a guy who lights fire under the right a z zzes.

I don't think this D will match up with the Jets, but I fully expect it to be a top-5 scoring defense this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

they need SWAGGER....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

they need SWAGGER....
    Posted by sday4x45

yeah, some of 'em are to worried about their braids getting dirtyLaughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Getzo you are wrong with the statement "That team had a great defense that didn't show up... This is a proven weak defense from last year showing the same weak signs...."

This is not a PROVEN defense at all, whether its weak or strong. Its a different defense than it was last year. It still has alot of building to do. I dont know whether or not they'll figure it out this year or not but do not compare it to last year's defense. 
    There are major changes, Spikes over Guyton, maybe Chung over Sanders, Mccourty + Butler over willhite, wheatley, butler, deltha oneal? whoever else they tried there last yr as 2nd and nickel corners....
    There are some definite upgrades, and maybe cunningham might turn out to be another one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think the point to be drawn from that Bills game (and I watched it) is that one game (pre season or reg season) does not a season make.  Can't we just get a grip here and see how this D comes together?  We've got the makings of a really solid defensive team.  Yes, the pass rush remains suspect but let's give it a chance ok?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If you have a problem with the Pats' defense cheer for another team. You b*tching about it isn't going to make the team any better. 

$TFU!

It's was a preseason game, not a make or break end of the season type of game. I swear, it's going to be a long season listening to some of you butt-holes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

They cut a defensive captain 5 days before the regular season and he ended up on the tean they were about to play. If you remember he spent the week learning their playbook and feeding them ours.

You can't honestly be comparing that defense to this one? THe guy that team had to fill in for Milloy was Rodney Harrison (in his prime). We had Ted Washington at nose, a young Seymore at end, Vrabel, Bruschi (in his prime), McGinnest, Law, Samual...

Don't get me wrong this coach will get the current group lined up right and take things away from other teams, but there is very little margain for error when you can't rush. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Again.. fans are too spoiled by the past and 2007....  this is a NEW team and a DIFFERENT season... move on!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If you have a problem with the Pats' defense cheer for another team. You b*tching about it isn't going to make the team any better.  $TFU! It's was a preseason game, not a make or break end of the season type of game. I swear, it's going to be a long season listening to some of you butt-holes. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

If you would prefer a forum where people are only allowed to say what you want to hear, maybe you should create your own and pre-screen the members

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

That 2003 team had more grizzled vets than  this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We had R 3 Peraids, what a great ride Fellas!!! But its over now, Bill Platoed!!!  7-9 U mark my words... 3rd. place this yr. We R stuck with what we have which is young un-impact players that R NOT WINNERS. Bill wants 2 do it all by himself without Charlie and Romeo and Kraft doesen't want 2 spend anymore money on IMPACT players, this is what we end up with "SQUAT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all downhill from here...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What the hell is wrong with you people? ONE GAME in preseason they played like crap.  They also held the defending super bowl champs high powered offense to 3 points(the starters)
    Posted by mikec645

There are fans who feel the Pats should NEVER have a bad game!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If you have a problem with the Pats' defense cheer for another team. You b*tching about it isn't going to make the team any better.  $TFU! It's was a preseason game, not a make or break end of the season type of game. I swear, it's going to be a long season listening to some of you butt-holes. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Calm down tough guy.  I make valid points and you don't have to agree with it.

And this has little to do with the preseason game.

What if I was like you and said the same exact thing, this BLOG would be POINTLESS. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

They cut a defensive captain 5 days before the regular season and he ended up on the tean they were about to play. If you remember he spent the week learning their playbook and feeding them ours. You can't honestly be comparing that defense to this one? THe guy that team had to fill in for Milloy was Rodney Harrison (in his prime). We had Ted Washington at nose, a young Seymore at end, Vrabel, Bruschi (in his prime), McGinnest, Law, Samual... Don't get me wrong this coach will get the current group lined up right and take things away from other teams, but there is very little margain for error when you can't rush. 
    Posted by mthurl

Thank you for spelling it out even though you should not have too, but people are thinking I am a hater of some kind.  I just don't see major changes from this year from last year.  That's all I see, and that's all I am saying.  Of course, once again, I hope this D proves me wrong and they do have players who can.  Just wish they had a legit pass-rusher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Bills 31, Pats 0 : There are fans who feel the Pats should NEVER have a bad game!
    Posted by agcsbill

No one is saying that.  Obviously our offense played well, but I would not mention a single thing about it.  Some would like to call out our OC and say our offense is too predictable but I wouldn't even field that one. 

I just see some major holes on defense, and one again what would the point of this blog be if everyone said the Pat's are stacked?  Sorry don't see it, but I do see a team that could play very well and make a play-off push; however, that does not mean I thik the D does not have it's holes. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Bills 31, Pats 0 : Thank you for spelling it out even though you should not have too, but people are thinking I am a hater of some kind.  I just don't see major changes from this year from last year.  That's all I see, and that's all I am saying.  Of course, once again, I hope this D proves me wrong and they do have players who can.  Just wish they had a legit pass-rusher.
    Posted by Getzo

It's funny I get bashed around here as a troll and pats hater and I'm just the opposite. I love the pats and love football, also I hate the Jets and just about every other team we play, but the proof is right there on the screen. They haven't improved and they spent the last 5 years drafting undersized corners that can't tackle. If they were going to pass on every 34 outside guy that came out the last 5 years, then they should have switched schemes. The whole thing baffles me.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

The Chiefs will B 8-8 this yr.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Bill has a 1 track mind, we have no say... DOWNHILL FASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT... We'll always keep our head above water, but thats it...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat99. Show TexasPat99's posts

Going to be a long season for Patriots fans I am afraid.

Sections
Shortcuts